Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2007-09-25, 1:12pm
The Venerable Bead

Default Boro Bead Exchange

Boro Bead Exchange

THE BORO BEAD EXCHANGE IS CLOSED!
Hi I had so much fun being involved in one of the charm exchanges in the patio room that I thought I would see if there is any interest in doing a bead exchange in the boro room.

1. I would like to get from 10 to 25 people to commit to making 10 20mm (about ¾ inch for the metric impaired) boro beads.
10 beads no more and no less. no exceptions. If you send in more than 10 you will still only receive 10 back. If you send in less than 10 you will not be able to participate and I will have to send your beads back.
THESE BEADS ARE GOOD SIZE BEADS NOT SPACER BEADS. PLEASE PM ME IF YOU NEED MORE CLARIFICATION.

2. They can be round, donut, pressed, disc or sculptural.

3. They must be boro and have a hole and they must be similar to one another. In other words if you do dotted beads make all 10 dotted and the same shape. They don’t have to be all the same color combos because that can get boring but they can be identical if you wish. They have to use more than just clear boro.

PLEASE NO HOLIDAY THEMES!!!!!!!

4. they must be made by you. No imports, store bought or beads bought or collected from other artists will be accepted.

5. What you will get in return is 10 different beads from 10 different artists. The idea of keeping them the same size is for those who want to turn them into charms for a bracelet or necklace. The other thing is that because many of us will be making a bracelet the beads must be sturdy enough for wear. Little bits that can break off are not a good idea.
PLEASE DON'T ASK ME FOR A PARTICULAR ARTIST'S BEADS

Not used to making things on a mandrel? 20 mm seems too small or large to you? Well here’s your opportunity to challenge yourself!

6. You will be encouraged to show your finished piece of jewelry if you do make them into something wearable. It will be fun to see what everyone does with them. If you do not make jewelry don’t despair you are still encouraged to participate. We want your beads!

7. Ok now comes the touchy part. In order to maintain some degree of fairness all the beads turned into the exchange must have puckered holes and they must be annealed properly.

That is not to dissuade newbies from participating it is just from dissuading folks from contributing unusable beads. Newbie beads are encouraged just make sure you are at the point where you are able to make beads with no sharp edges. Does that sound ok?

8. I am asking that the deadline be December 1 and YES THE BEADS MUST BE IN MY HANDS ON DECEMBER 1 WITH MAYBE A TWO OR THREE DAY GRACE PERIOD TO ALLOW FOR SUCKY POSTAL SERVICE. IF YOU ARE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WORLD PLEASE TAKE THIS INTO ACCOUNT AND GET THOSE BEADIES IN THE MAIL EARLY NOVEMBER. THANK YOU. when you send in your beads if you could include $2.50 in cash or money order for return postage. I will use extra postage to buy padded envelopes. If there is any left beyond that (which I doubt) I will contribute it to LE.
for those outside of the US or Canada I am asking for $3 and I can paypal you an invoice, same goes for canadain folks i can paypal you an invoice for the $2.50 if you don't have any US cash laying around)

9. Please put your beads into individual plastic bags with your business card when you send them to me.

10. Ok so sign up by e-mailing me venbead@cox.net . Please include LE username, real name and address and I will add you to our list. I will close this exchange when we reach 25 people and we won’t do it unless we get at least 10.

11. Please post in the thread when you send out your beads and when I receive them I will highlight your name in red. If you would like to include photos of your beads in the thread before you send them you are encouraged to do so. In the charm exchange that made anticipating them in the mail so much fun and gave others inspiration.

My mailing address is:
Paula McDonough
7 Pilgrim Circle
Warwick RI 02888

Did I forget anything?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Paula AKA The Venerable Bead
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

flaming away on a betta, natural gas, and 2 M-20's

Last edited by Venbead; 2007-09-30 at 5:22am.
Old 2007-09-25, 1:13pm
The Venerable Bead

Ok here is our list: the names highlighted in red are beads I have received
1. Paula (Venbead)
2. Darcy (Darcy)
3. Jerri (Isellreger)
4. Staci (kentaymom)
5. Jo (sleekbeads)
6. suzanne (suzanne)
7. Kim (kimV)
8. Lori (kiko)
9. sue (sue H-k)
10. leslie (tiggybubba)
11. Patty (rusticstudio)
12. brenda(beginner)
13. Brandie (Meadowesky)
14. james (blackriverbeads)
15. lana (ginkogal)
16. Rene (rene weaver)
17. Bonny (playingwithfirebeads)
18. Julian (Juln)
20. Kay (LAG)
20. Christina (Chrissy)
21. Brent (mr smiley)
22. Judith (jupiter)
23. Sally (sarabella)
26. Eliza (elizarowe)
27. nancy (nancytobey)
24. Nagisa (Nagi)
29. Dawn (dawnT)
25. Paul (paul ewing)
26. Kristan (kristan)
27. Sonya (sonyahusko)
28. Don (fyrsmith)
29. Krissa (flamdancer)

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

Last edited by Venbead; 2007-12-05 at 1:56pm.
Old 2007-09-25, 1:25pm
Megra Farbot

I'm in!
Old 2007-09-25, 1:26pm
I'm too sexy for my shirt

I'm in too!

#K58
Old 2007-09-25, 1:32pm
The Venerable Bead

yay

— Audrey Hepburn

Old 2007-09-25, 1:40pm
stacijane on Etsy

I just e-mailed you!

Old 2007-09-25, 1:42pm

Absofrigginlutely!!!!!!
Old 2007-09-25, 1:47pm
Serenity Now!

Ditto what Jo said!

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2007-09-25, 1:52pm

20mm????? That's HUGE compared to what I usually make! But I'm up for the challenge....I think...ok, I'm in

Old 2007-09-25, 2:02pm
The Venerable Bead

2 centimeters... there does that make it seem a little less daunting? LOL you are so in!

— Audrey Hepburn

Old 2007-09-25, 2:06pm
Hummel factory reject

I'm IN! lori

Old 2007-09-25, 2:12pm
Booger #7

Me too me too!!! Thanks for the heads up Paula!!! Sounds like a blast!!!

Old 2007-09-25, 2:27pm
The Venerable Bead

Just to clarify no pendants or vessels they are not sturdy enough for wear on a bracelet and difficult to encorporate into strung or wire wrapped jewelry. sorry. we are looking for mandrel beads of some sort or hollow tube or pierced beads or maybe something tungsten pierced in the 20mm range....maybe. let me know though first.
but the implosion pendants I make and little vessels with delicate handles just won't make it on a bracelet. and believe me it is going to be a stretch for me to not make pendants for a change but it's ok cause it's good practice.

— Audrey Hepburn

Last edited by Venbead; 2007-09-25 at 7:22pm.
Old 2007-09-25, 2:31pm
The Venerable Bead

yay we have 10 it's definately a go but keep responding 25 would be even better!

— Audrey Hepburn

Old 2007-09-25, 2:41pm
Gay rights R human rights

Ok I'm in..

Leslie

bravo torch with 2 ex20's
Old 2007-09-25, 2:47pm
The Venerable Bead

ok sue and leslie email me your info thanks
paula

— Audrey Hepburn

Old 2007-09-25, 2:49pm
Type ZZZ personality

Just emailed you. I'm in!! Wheeee!

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2007-09-25, 2:55pm
The Venerable Bead

wow there's some serious talent here! this is going to be a blast

— Audrey Hepburn

Old 2007-09-25, 2:55pm

OK Paula, you keep me from sitting in my closet or maybe I should say...from my corner! I really hope I don't dissappoint here!!!!!
Count me in and I'm sending you the needed info now!!
Brenda
Old 2007-09-25, 3:06pm
The Venerable Bead

brenda when oh when are you going to change that ridiculous screen name of yours?

— Audrey Hepburn

Old 2007-09-25, 3:10pm

I DON'T KNOW HOW!!!!
I'm good with emailing and on-line shopping only!!
I will have my Husband do it tonight when he comes home, there's a reason why I have him and this is one reason why!!
Old 2007-09-25, 3:17pm
The Venerable Bead

actually I think you will have to ask corri to do it.

— Audrey Hepburn

Old 2007-09-25, 3:26pm

HUH, I just did that, I sent out an email....'cause I know how to do that all right!!!! Thanks Paula
I requested a NBN GLASS for a new name, the new website that SHOULD be up by the end of the year goes by that! BUT in my demented little furry head, it's still beginner!!
Brenda
Old 2007-09-25, 3:37pm
The Venerable Bead

yay brenda is getting a studio name! whoa I think I like furryhead glass! LOL

— Audrey Hepburn

Old 2007-09-25, 3:52pm

I just went out to the studio to make some bigger beads....omg, this is going to be hard Sooooo, how close to 2 do we have to get? Hope no one minds my simple beads. But, hey, they'll have a hole and they'll have puckers!!

Old 2007-09-25, 3:54pm

Yeah, Brenda!!!!!! BTW, I like FurryHead Glass too!! OK, so what say we take a poll and convince Brenda to use it...write in votes welcome too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venbead View Post
yay brenda is getting a studio name! whoa I think I like furryhead glass! LOL

Old 2007-09-25, 3:55pm
Type ZZZ personality

Yup, furryhead is good!

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2007-09-25, 4:50pm

You gals are too funny, I'm sorry but I emailed in already and FURRYHEAD didn't come up!! FURRYHEAD kind-of reminds me of PUMPKIN HEAD the horror movie, actually PumpkinHead 1 was the only good one out of the 3 movies made!! Now that you all know that I sit and watch bad horror movies while I sit in my corner!!!!
GREAT!!!!

Brenda
Old 2007-09-25, 4:50pm
Booger #7

0kay, not to sound incredibly dense, but are we talking 20mm from hole to hole or 20mm in diameter? For example, my beads are generally 10mm (hole to hole) by 18mm (top to bottom). Clear as mud right?

Old 2007-09-25, 5:20pm
yukue fumei

ditto Sue...hole to hole 20mm?
thanks!!
I seriously gotta see if I can do this--it sounds like fun.... my schedule is sooo kooky though When is the cut off date for entering?
thanks Paula!

nagi