No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2009-11-30, 10:02am
Run Free Sweet Boy

Default toys 4 tots- free tutorial challenge

Hi Folks,

I just got home from Toys R Us and donating money through them for Toys for Tots. They get a check every week from the money donated through the store. and I had a brain storm.....

Anyone from LE that will donate in 25 dollar increments, and can scan or take a pic of the reciept for toys for tots and email it to me, I will send you a free ornament tutorial. If you donate 50-75-100, I will send as many tutorials as you donate in 25 dollar increments. You are free to use them as secret santa gifts, give to other glassy pals etc etc etc. Please send me the address you want the tutorial mailed to in the email with your reciept verification. I just found out you can donate to Toys for Tots online. You dont even have to go to the store. Just send me a copy of the email confirmation of your donation.

I would also like to challenge other tutorial writers to join in the fun and generosity and help some kids have Christmas. I think every one wins with this one.

Merry Christmas

Candice

"It's not what you have, it's who you are."

Last edited by patienthand; 2009-12-01 at 10:32am.
Old 2009-11-30, 10:05am
MacGalver

what a great idea!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-11-30, 10:15am
Cancer SUCKS!

What if we donate toys. I have 3 HUGE boxes going to toys for tots. They've been sitting in my kitchen for a month now, just waiting for them to start accepting donations.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-11-30, 10:20am
Run Free Sweet Boy

hmmm good question. Do you by chance have the reciept for the new unwrapped toys? Can you get a reciept from the drop off points for the toys you have donated? As long and I know for sure that new unwrapped toys were donated to toys for tots, I am in for a penny, in for a pound.

I think a reciept from the drop off point would work best. I am sure they are giving them for tax purposes since it is a 501 non profit.

And I will do this deal till christmas this year.

Candice

Old 2009-11-30, 10:30am
Cancer SUCKS!

I can do better. I will get a receipt, photo of the boxes and photo of some of the contents of the boxes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patienthand View Post
hmmm good question. Do you by chance have the reciept for the new unwrapped toys? Can you get a reciept from the drop off points for the toys you have donated? As long and I know for sure that new unwrapped toys were donated to toys for tots, I am in for a penny, in for a pound.

I think a reciept from the drop off point would work best. I am sure they are giving them for tax purposes since it is a 501 non profit.

And I will do this deal till christmas this year.

Candice

Old 2009-11-30, 11:06am
Run Free Sweet Boy

that works for me... Thank YOU!!!!

Candice

Old 2009-12-05, 10:04pm
Does it come in purple?

What a great idea. I bought Candice's tutorial a few weeks ago and it is amazing! I highly recommend it.

Carlisle Hellcat, OGSI generator, propane
Old 2009-12-05, 11:21pm
Cancer SUCKS!

Thanks for the offer Candace. I was able to drop the boxes off. Toy R Us doesn't give receipts for toys brought to them. They would only give a receipt for toys bought at their store.

Oh well. I'm just glad to have the 3 boxes of toys and gifts out of my house.

Old 2009-12-06, 12:31am

What is really sad it that Toys for tots is not in my city but they are in all the stores. The economy is so bad right now that I called every agency to get help for my grandkids that I am raising and every one of them was already full and that was on the first of Nov.

This is a great idea Candace!! I am really sad this year because every year I adopt a family and I am not able to take care of my own kids let alone help someone else out this year.

Old 2009-12-07, 12:55am

Sorry did not mean to kill the thread. Hope you are getting alot of people that are doing this