Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2007-08-31, 2:01pm
The Venerable Bead

Default totally cheating sept 1-15th show and tell

yup I won't be around tomorrow but since I haven't been here in a while I want to show my latest pendants. I'm starting this a wee bit early.
these are the creations that have taken most of my time lately.
however school is back in session and momma's got a date with her torch.
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Paula AKA The Venerable Bead
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

flaming away on a betta, natural gas, and 2 M-20's

Old 2007-08-31, 2:04pm
The Venerable Bead

being a total hog there's more...

the last shot is some tiny pendants I have been working on.
Attached Images

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

Old 2007-08-31, 2:12pm
Pyromaniac

Gorgeous Paula -- I love the tiny ones!! Lana
Old 2007-08-31, 2:32pm
Serenity Now!

Beautiful! I like the first pic best!
(Nice to see you posting!)

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:

Last edited by Over the Moon; 2007-08-31 at 2:34pm.
Old 2007-08-31, 2:41pm

Your boro is so beautiful Val and Paula! Paula, those are some good looking kids you've got there! Have a good holiday weekend everyone.

GTT Bobcat + Tanked O2
Old 2007-08-31, 3:04pm

Awesome.
Old 2007-08-31, 5:22pm
Hummel factory reject

Paula glad you are back! Beautiful creations. Especially the wee ones! Val, I really like your new twist on wishing stones. So pretty with the ribs/ruffles. Now that we've got the 9/1 showcase officially under way I'll share one of mine. Have a nice weekend everyone!
Lori

Last edited by kiko; 2008-10-09 at 10:59am.
Old 2007-08-31, 6:19pm
Madmanmarbles

Val... I Love that Wishing Stone....
Thanks for sharing..
Joe

[color="Red"] Chettah
Old 2007-08-31, 6:33pm

Oooooooooooh, Paula, Val, and Kiko! Those are just too beautiful!

Blog:
Old 2007-08-31, 11:30pm
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

Paula, the kids are just the cutest! I hope one day they will have school dress-codes here, just to prevent the ongoing show-off by the ones that can afford big brand names... it would make life so much easier on some of us
Your glassart is stunning as usual. Any new frit brands cooking ??

Val, I am amazed by the colors you got, and even more by the fact you can poke a hole in hot glass. I've tried over and over and over again, but I completely distort the design, I have to poke 30 times to get through it, and after I finally created a hole... I managed to melt it closed again in like 2 seconds.

Kiko, I love your bead! You've got such a distinct style

Old 2007-09-01, 4:34am

YOU GUYS ARE SUCH AN INSPIRATION!!! Suzanne, you must STOP dangling those "candY beads" in front of me. Paula, those kids are just the cutest in their uniforms, happily my boy when on Wednesday but he's now in "Junior High" and is no longer "cute"....big tee shirts, large shorts, hair that looks like "The Beatles" (yep, it's back in style). Kiko, gosh how I love that "brush stroke" effect, green with envy here. And Val...the swirling effects are to die for along with your eye for opposing colors!!!

OK you guys, NOW I need to find a class that can teach me all of this, how about everyone drives here and teaches me everything. I promise to be a good student and to listen and do me homework!!

Keep those pics coming, you all keep me going

Brenda
Old 2007-09-01, 4:55am
traumaqueen

that would be a horrible drive across the atlantic Brenda, thanks for your sweet compliments

Old 2007-09-01, 6:15am
Serenity Now!

Thanks for everybody's nice comments! Suzanne - I use a tungsten pick to make a hole. Get the spot on the glasss warm, not hot, then heat up the tungsten until glowing...poke your pick in (!?), and do not stop twisting it, nor keeping it red-hot the whole time until it pops through the other side. I then take my graphite reamer to make my hole a bit bigger. (Tink has a great tool - it's a mini graphhite reamer which works really well in smaller places. Hope this helps...

Here's a couple more - the blue one reminds me of a Blue Bird of Happiness - it's wating to get some silver embellishments (hopefully today)...

Old 2007-09-01, 7:09am
traumaqueen

Val thanks! I didn't heat up my tungsten.I do have to say that my tungsten poker is tungsten and stainless steel mixed together so I'm really curious to see what happends.

Quote:
poke your pick in
and you do not want to know how dirty this looks.... pick is the dutch word for ehmmmm dick lol

Old 2007-09-01, 7:50am
Serenity Now!

lol - I THOUGHT it seemed kind of "odd" when I wrote it!

Old 2007-09-01, 2:02pm

Here is one from yesterday. The outside of looks a little washed out in the picture, but the inside is pretty accurate. It is 1 7/8" by 1 3/8".
Attached Images

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2007-09-01, 2:28pm

Eric, that's amazing!!!! Everyone's are wonderful - I adore boro colors - but that one made me stop in my tracks!!!

~:
:~
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon
Old 2007-09-01, 4:47pm
The Venerable Bead

[quote=suzanne;1360300]Paula, the kids are just the cutest! I hope one day they will have school dress-codes here, just to prevent the ongoing show-off by the ones that can afford big brand names... it would make life so much easier on some of us
Your glassart is stunning as usual. Any new frit brands cooking ??

thanks suzanne. the uniforms sure do make life easier for me. my daughter says the only thing she doesn't like about school is that she can't wear "cute outfits" ahh a girl after my own heart.

yes I have 5 new blends coming out this month!!!!
Emma's Emerald
K.I.S.S.
The Mariner's Promise
Barbie's Prozac
and one I haven't named yet. Maybe I will have a naming contest or something.

— Audrey Hepburn

Old 2007-09-01, 5:37pm

OH MY GOD, new frits, new frits!!!!! PAULA, now I won't be able to sleep tonight due to over-excitement!!!!
I want one of each, please
Brenda
Old 2007-09-01, 5:51pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLC Beads View Post
Eric, that's amazing!!!! Everyone's are wonderful - I adore boro colors - but that one made me stop in my tracks!!!
Thanks! I really like the intensity of the colors in the flowers against the green background. I had another one where I squashed the flowers too much so they look really washed out. I am going to do another one on monday and try and open up the flowers so the petals are a little more spread out.

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2007-09-01, 6:19pm
Serenity Now!

Talk about a girl after MY own heart - more fabulous frit blends: Yippeeeee - can't wait!

Old 2007-09-01, 6:56pm
Mandrel Slayer

Just gorgeous Eric.
New frits - yeah!!!!

Bonny

Nothing right now

What happens in Rockland, stays in Rockland.....
Hellcat, Two M-15s, propane and finally no tanked oxy.
Old 2007-09-01, 11:50pm
traumaqueen

new frits !!!! I really need some new ones... I really do ....

Last edited by suzanne; 2007-09-02 at 7:37am.
Old 2007-09-02, 8:24am

Default newbie beads

These beads you all have posted are so amazingly inspirational!

Boro is so fun to work with- I just love it! I am taking a hiatus from it for awhile until DH can put in a stronger vent system and after the Maine meeting at my house.

Here are some I am working on. The beads are about 1 inch diameter.
Attached Images

Old 2007-09-02, 1:12pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanne View Post
new frits !!!! I really need some new ones... I really do ....

Shazam! Awesome color.

Old 2007-09-02, 2:50pm
yukue fumei

WOW!!! Gorgeous work everyone!!!
Oh my what treasures!!!
Paula--the kids are sooo cute!!! All decked out and ready for school Gorgeous Implosion pendants too!!

Suzanne--oh my--your beads are always gorgeous, but the top row beads are killer!!! And the pinks!! WOO!!!
Lori--WOW!! I love your beads! Always such elegance and beauty!
Val--gorgeous pendants!! WOOHOO!!!
Eric--I love the cold worked pendants!! You make the momka murrini really look good!!!

nagi

Old 2007-09-02, 4:49pm
Somethings grow wild

Location: Soulsbyville in California, just down the hill from Yosemite

Eric tell me about cold work...where can I find information I don't know anything about it. But when you do it it's beautiful

Suzanne outstanding colors!
Manda very nice imposion!

Val did I read silver embellishments? That's my latest kick let's see pictures. The're beautiful as they are!

Kare

Old 2007-09-02, 6:13pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by country kid View Post
Eric tell me about cold work...where can I find information I don't know anything about it. But when you do it it's beautiful

Suzanne outstanding colors!
Manda very nice imposion!

Val did I read silver embellishments? That's my latest kick let's see pictures. The're beautiful as they are!

Kare
Cold work is also known as lapidary work. basically you just treat your glass in the same way you would a pretty rock that you wanted to grind and polish into a nice shape. That is pretty much it. I bet if you ask around you can probably find a rockhound club in your area that will teach you how to do it for free. A lot of the people who are into rocks and gems are retired and getting up there in years, but they tend to be really nice people who are happy to share a lifetime worth of information with you if you show some interest. Plus, they can be a lot of fun to hang out with. Hey, old doesn't mean boring! Oh, and it is nice to have a chance to try it out before you invest in the equipment because it is pretty expensive. I have a diamond pacific genie and those are running around $1800 dollars now a days.

Last edited by e. mort; 2007-09-02 at 6:17pm.
Old 2007-09-02, 10:43pm
traumaqueen

Thanks all! I'm just such a happy camper with my tanked oxy... too bad the first bottle ( 30 liters) is empty already!!!!

The first beads are just plain ol Amber purple. Notting more, notting less

( I love these, more testing after I get my refill....)

Last edited by suzanne; 2007-09-02 at 10:46pm.
Old 2007-09-03, 6:51am
Life is Short,Art is Long

suzanne,

Your colors are so amazing and such an inspiration!