Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2014-10-19, 9:15am

Talking Maine/NE Area- 'Hallowe'en Glass Jam' - Oct 25-26

'Hallowe'en Glass Jam'

Oct 25-26, 2014 ---- Playing with Fire! - Rockland, Maine

From 9am 'til we drop on Saturday night, then we do it again on Sunday. Come for just one day, or both days. $40/day on Sat & Sun = torch time, friends, food, networking, sharing of new techniques/products, door prizes, and whatever else you can think of!

We have eleven torch stations and a variety of torches. Torching, sharing, networking... Bring techniques, questions, show and tell... Bring your latest book/magazine, new glass... to share... request a demo, do a demo... if we're 11+ we take turns at the torch throughout the day/night... we do, we learn, we watch, we visit, we have a great time! It's always a friendly mix of veterans and newbies. Any level of glass working experience welcome... and a good time with all!

Bring your flameworking glasses, and any glass or tools that you'll want to work with. We have studio tools that you're welcome to use. Bring your own torch if you wish (if you have quick-connects; if not, give us a call, and we can probably accommodate). Bring questions and techniques to share.
~~ And if you'd like: bring something/anything to add to the door-prize pile.

POT LUCK, both days! ...please, and thank you! We'll make some sort of soup or chili Bring your favorite dishes to share! We'll provide coffee, teas, water (we have a water cooler, please bring your refillable water bottle, thank you!) We have a gas grill on the deck, and a kitchen with range and microwave for cooking and reheating. Get the ball rolling, and post your RSVPs (and your pot luck contribution plans) here in this thread!

Please RSVP here in this thread… or hotglass@midcoast.com or 207-594-7805
*RSVPs most appreciated, but if you find that you can make it at the last minute, please do.*

Accommodations: The Old Granite Inn , just a few doors down the street, offers a year-round 'Playing with Fire! rate' to our students/guests----group/s share/s with the larger suite/s is possible. (room-shares may be coordinated here in this thread, or by PM too.) See listings for additional accommodations at http://www.therealmaine.com

Ed & Virginia
Playing with Fire! Glassworks & Gallery
497 Main Street * Rockland, ME 04841
Studio/Hotshop at lower level/harborside www.playingwithfireglassworks.com

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2014-10-19, 9:54am

I will be there on Sunday. I have a prior committment on Saturday... but I will be there on SUNDAY!!!

Wuhoo!!!

Sue
and the present is a gift.
Old 2014-10-19, 9:56am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue in Maine View Post
I will be there on Sunday. I have a prior committment on Saturday... but I will be there on SUNDAY!!!

Wuhoo!!!

Sue
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2014-10-19, 11:41am
Glassss... Wooood... Yum

I will be there and sleeping with the boro bitch. We got the suite so have room for 2 more...

Pam
Old 2014-10-19, 8:24pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamw@sacoriver.net View Post
I will be there and sleeping with the boro bitch. We got the suite so have room for 2 more...

Pam
This sounds like the stuff of pulp fiction from the fifties. A foursome. Sweet.

Old 2014-10-22, 2:52am
debmerrill

Yup, that's me in the red dress... I went on the divorce diet and lost 12 pounds... I'll be sure to bring my stilettos to the glass jam this weekend, along with my "new" used Phantom. Ready for big fire now!
Boro bitch (deb)
Old 2014-10-22, 4:16am

Quote:
Originally Posted by debmerrill View Post
Yup, that's me in the red dress... I went on the divorce diet and lost 12 pounds... I'll be sure to bring my stilettos to the glass jam this weekend, along with my "new" used Phantom. Ready for big fire now!
Boro bitch (deb)
HA! You in the red dress? Never. In spite of being the boro bitch, your attitude is a lot better than hers! And as for your lost 12 pounds? I am fairly sure I found them and you can have them back!

See everyone on Sunday.

Sue
Old 2014-10-22, 6:57am

Quote:
Originally Posted by debmerrill View Post
Boro bitch (deb)
Hah hah! In any other context 'red stilettos', the 'Phantom', and 'big fire' would paint a whole 'nother picture!

On the other hand, this *is* the Hallowe'en Jam. Your regular garb, err... I mean your "costumes" [ahem] would certainly be appropriate.

Old 2014-10-24, 8:32am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playing with Fire! View Post
Hah hah! In any other context 'red stilettos', the 'Phantom', and 'big fire' would paint a whole 'nother picture!

On the other hand, this *is* the Hallowe'en Jam. Your regular garb, err... I mean your "costumes" [ahem] would certainly be appropriate. :wink:
Without mentioning any names I could identify someone who's been in costume for a while............................................. ...

Duane <--------------wanted very much to go but got my weekends mixed up

REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN

Old 2014-10-26, 5:31am

Hi Gang,

Bad news. I'm not going to make the Glass Jam today (Sunday) after all. My back won't take a days worth of torching so I'm going to wind up vegging at home.

I hate missing this but it's best for my back if I do.

Hugs to all,

Sue
Old 2014-10-26, 6:04am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue in Maine View Post
Hi Gang,

Bad news. I'm not going to make the Glass Jam today (Sunday) after all. My back won't take a days worth of torching so I'm going to wind up vegging at home.

I hate missing this but it's best for my back if I do.

Hugs to all,

Sue
Aww, noooooooooo! We're sorry to hear this, we were looking forward to seeing you pull in any minute. Rest up. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Old 2014-10-26, 6:12pm
Glassss... Wooood... Yum

It was a very quiet jam (Sue wasn't there). Deb and I got to play with new torches. I have a new barracuda that is a lovely, phalic-looking, sexy torch. OMG! I had so much fun playing with boro this weekend and I thank Ed for teaching us how to make lovely icicles. Next week, I am going to learn how to make a round marble...

So Exciting! Thank you Ed and Virginia!!!

Pam
Old 2014-10-26, 6:36pm
Glassss... Wooood... Yum

Default So sexy!

Love my new hot, sexy toy! He just needs a name.
Attached Images

Old 2014-10-26, 9:52pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamw@sacoriver.net View Post
It was a very quiet jam (Sue wasn't there). Deb and I got to play with new torches. I have a new barracuda that is a lovely, phalic-looking, sexy torch. OMG! I had so much fun playing with boro this weekend and I thank Ed for teaching us how to make lovely icicles. Next week, I am going to learn how to make a round marble...

So Exciting! Thank you Ed and Virginia!!!

Pam
Aw Pam, thank you! We had such a good time! But remember, you can stroke your sexy new torch only when it's had a chance to cool down. This will keep burns to a minimum.