Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2008-10-20, 7:44am
Pyromaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodi_B View Post
Always amazing work here

I'm always a little reluctant to post for fear you'll laugh me the forum , but here it goes anyway.

I'm getting ready for a small employee craft show at work tomorrow so I've been busy making winestoppers. My dad decided I needed a good way to transport them to an fro, so he made a case for me.
Jodi, Why would any of us laugh? They are wonderful!!

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-10-20, 8:02am

those are great marbs, Jodi, keep them coming ... have you got any close ups?
that case is very very cool, too, btw. Every marble-maker should have a great case, it makes a very professional impression at galleries!

Running a
by Miema on LPG and oxy bottles and a GTT Mirage.
Old 2008-10-20, 12:39pm
yukue fumei

Jodi-
we would never laugh at you--look at all those amazing marbles! WOohoo!
Amazing case too--really nice!
(can we see close ups of your marbles? They are too awesome to miss!)

nagi

Old 2008-10-21, 4:46am
boro color bender

Those are nothing to be ashamed of! VERY nice! Tell our dad I would like a case like that... his long lost son is feeling neglected.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2008-10-22, 3:16am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

Jodi those are amazing!!! Love the bottle stoppers, and the case is just fabulous! Your dad did a great job!

Old 2008-10-22, 11:17am

Thank you all.
Old 2008-10-22, 3:59pm
product of the universe

110 boro beads i made yesterday. The time to make em was my birthday present to myself. Its not the best pic but here they are.
Attached Images

And the men who hold high places,Must be the ones to start,To mold a new reality,Closer to the heart--Rush

Currently using fire.
Old 2008-10-22, 9:30pm
No Problem!

Nice Haul Chris. Happy Birthday too. A nice laid back break from tube pulls eh?
I Still need to grab some to play with before you guys get sick of making em..

(Beau & Shani)

Old 2008-10-22, 10:05pm
Bliss Junkie

those tube pulls are nice.... just played a little, and am in love...
though they dont seem to have any for sale right now....

Karma, it's everywhere your going to be...

GTT Cricket and Carlisle CC w/ a lot of tanked oxygen
Old 2008-10-23, 6:38am
yukue fumei

WOW!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRIS!
that is alot of beautiful beads! Glad you had some bead time too!

nagi

Old 2008-10-24, 4:47pm
product of the universe

Thanks, It was a great birthday the first 7 hours was making beads which is so peaceful and relaxing and the rest of the night was spent making 8lbs of tubing. It was a good day of glassworking.

And the men who hold high places,Must be the ones to start,To mold a new reality,Closer to the heart--Rush

Currently using fire.
Old 2008-10-27, 10:46am

I included this little guy in the gallery section, but figured I'd put him here, too. Momka's Ivy Green is really easy to work with!
Attached Images

Old 2008-10-27, 10:51am
No Problem!

Nice Blair! It does look like a really nice green!
Is that what you used inside the marble?

(Beau & Shani)

Old 2008-10-28, 5:19pm
Floral Obsessed

Wow, there's some amazing work in this show! Happy birthday, Chris! Show us the tubing results later if you get a chance.

I've been playing with boro more lately - I got my hands on some actual boro rod, which is way nicer to work with than scratchy old 6mm government-cast-off lab tubing. With the big clear rods I've been able to make nice big implosions and it's been so fun! I've also been making cane and making some stretched-hole earrings, which was a learning process, but I'm getting the hang of it lately! I think I'm going to want to do most of my sculpting in boro from now on... it's so much more cooperative!

Nov. 2003-Nov 2005 --> QuietTorch, 1lb MAPP ::
:: Nov. 2005-May 2007 --> Piranha, NG, 1 Solaris oxycon ::
:: May 2007-Present --> Piranha, NG, 2 Solaris oxycons

Last edited by Heather/Ericaceae; 2008-10-28 at 5:22pm.
Old 2008-10-29, 6:38am

Here is a sphere from yesterday. My flash wasn't cooperating so the dichroic pic is pretty bad, but I didn't have a lot of time to mess with it. The sphere is about 1.75" in diameter.
Attached Images

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2008-10-29, 2:22pm
product of the universe

That looks really nice Eric. The dichro looks great, I can only imagine what it looks under sunlight.I bet it blings. The pattern on the back is very tight as well.

Currently using fire.
Old 2008-10-29, 6:09pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by chayes View Post
That looks really nice Eric. The dichro looks great, I can only imagine what it looks under sunlight.I bet it blings. The pattern on the back is very tight as well.
Thanks! I am really happy with it. This is the first time I have used GA Indigo Luster for dots on the back of a sphere, and I really like the cool peacock iridescence that you get with it. Now, hopefully I can do it again.

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2008-10-29, 6:45pm

that is amazing! I love the back. what is that pinkish red color you backed it with?

skylar
Old 2008-10-29, 6:56pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolvingBeau View Post
Nice Blair! It does look like a really nice green!
Is that what you used inside the marble?
Actually, no, but I'm having trouble remembering what that combo is right now, LOL! I think it was green exotic and a ruby, so I'm surprised I haven't had any cracking problems with the marble itself (I think I've heard that green exotic doesn't like to be encased that much?).

Old 2008-10-30, 3:40am

I'm trundling in at the end of the month again

we're going to Japan on Monday for 2 weeks and I always take "travelers" along with me to give away as gifts to nice people we meet on our journeys. This time I made a bunch of marbles and pendants ... here are some of the implosion pendants I'm going to take.
Attached Images

Running a
Old 2008-10-30, 5:01am

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylar View Post
that is amazing! I love the back. what is that pinkish red color you backed it with?

skylar
I used Elvis for the back, but since the Indigo Luster has a lot of silver in it, it fumed a little bit which gave me the pink tones.

Old 2008-10-30, 5:52am

I have been AWOL for a while. Thanks for the show! I took an awesome class with Mr. Smiley. These are for you, Brent. I broke out the amber purple but couldn't resist messing around and adding carmel luster and extra light yellow... Still having some trouble getting the ap to strike in the focal size...but I like the pink in the pandora beads...

Sandy

Old 2008-10-30, 7:18am

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandree View Post
I have been AWOL for a while. Thanks for the show! I took an awesome class with Mr. Smiley. These are for you, Brent. I broke out the amber purple but couldn't resist messing around and adding carmel luster and extra light yellow... Still having some trouble getting the ap to strike in the focal size...but I like the pink in the pandora beads...

Sandy

Try kiln striking the focal again for richer tones. Also, if I don't get my AP thick enough, then sometimes that is the color I get as well.

Old 2008-10-30, 9:36am
yukue fumei

Blair--wow--really nice!! I love the artwork and the photo! the colors are so lush!

Heather--wow! prolific! Love the pendants especially!

Eric--WOW--Eric--that marble is to die for! Do you post in the Glass Addiction forum too? The marble collectors there will go crazy!!

Chris-WOW--have fun in Japan!! The travellers are amazing-but then again, all your work is amazing!! What a treat someone is going to have!!

Sandree--oooo.....the colors are so gorgeous!! Jewel tones! I love it!!

nagi

Old 2008-10-30, 11:18am

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagibeads View Post
Blair--wow--really nice!! I love the artwork and the photo! the colors are so lush!

Heather--wow! prolific! Love the pendants especially!

Eric--WOW--Eric--that marble is to die for! Do you post in the Glass Addiction forum too? The marble collectors there will go crazy!!

Chris-WOW--have fun in Japan!! The travellers are amazing-but then again, all your work is amazing!! What a treat someone is going to have!!

Sandree--oooo.....the colors are so gorgeous!! Jewel tones! I love it!!
Thanks Nagi! What is the glass addiction forum?

Old 2008-10-30, 6:56pm
yukue fumei

oh my!
It is a marble forum for collectors and artists:
http://glasswizzards.yuku.com/bglasswizzards

gorgeous work there....Marble greats like Chris Judemann(sp?), John Kobuki, Travis Weber, Mike Gong, Josh Sable, Gateson Recko,Kevin Nail, Nate Miers and more......
and a direct connection to some awesome collectors....

I am just a lurker there(I like to buy marbles but I am a bit too shy to post...I know...me, the nonstop talker on LE....shy?! LOL!!)

nagi

Old 2008-10-31, 10:22am

thanks Nagi, Japan's gonna be fun, I bought myself a great new camera today for this trip (duty free helps!!!)

last post from Australia for a while, so here's a couple more travelers from today
Attached Images

Running a
Old 2008-10-31, 2:04pm
yukue fumei

oh my!!!
they are beautiful!!!

nagi

Old 2008-10-31, 3:25pm
glass-a-delic

beautiful pendants man, what size are they?

Here's one from me

I finally had some time to put something up on etsy. Im keeping my fingers crossed

Old 2008-11-01, 7:47am
yukue fumei

cool!
A green that can be encased! WOW!
Looks awesome!!!

nagi