Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2012-04-30, 6:16pm

Bet they are just gorgeous out in the sunshine!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson River Glass View Post
I am still experimenting with what I have, but I did try the Lustrous Blue recently and really liked it. It shimmers, very pretty. This picture is terrible, but hopefully you can kinda see the blue shimmers. Nice color, easy to work. This was on Tan Silver Creek, with large clear frit and clear encasement.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-04-30, 6:25pm

Yes the shimmer is awesome outside!

This is cloud for the base, silver flambe and lg clear frit, and encased in clear

Not gonna lie, I'm a big silver flambe fan.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-04-30, 6:28pm

the are all gorgeous but what you do with Silver Flambe ... oh my my... can't wait for mine to come (it's in the mail to me from Cathy) and I'm off work next week to play, play, play.

that last set is da bomb in my book!!

Old 2012-04-30, 6:38pm

Thank you Laura - can't wait to see what you come up with! Promise you'll show us???

Old 2012-04-30, 8:27pm

I definitely will. I played a bit .. just the single colors. Aurora Borealis surprised me ... colored up in thekiln more than I have ever seen before.

Off to bed now ... if now to dreary in the morning I'll show you all my first pass ... just some quickie bead to see the colors encased and unencased with plans to ship them off to BOC.

Old 2012-05-01, 4:56am

Susan you are rockin it, love your beads and combos. Can I ask what size of mandrel you use most, because I've burned through a few 5/32's?
On a side note, I've emailed Cathy twice in the past 4-5 days, with no response. Heading over to check-out her Etsy, should be coming online.

"All true artists, whether they know it or not, create from a place of no-mind, from inner stillness."
Eckhart Tolle

Cathy[/font]
Old 2012-05-01, 6:44am

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyLane View Post
Susan you are rockin it, love your beads and combos. Can I ask what size of mandrel you use most, because I've burned through a few 5/32's?
On a side note, I've emailed Cathy twice in the past 4-5 days, with no response. Heading over to check-out her Etsy, should be coming online.
Thanks Cathy! I use 1/8" mandrels. pm'ing you.

Old 2012-05-01, 6:46am

Cathy,

Cathy at ePlanet was out of town for work over the weekend. To get the quickest response...PM her here. She is still really busy with work but has been good at answering my PMs.

The trick with the mandrels is to keep them below or above the flame. I've burnt through plenty and still do on occassion but I mostly use 1/16" mandrels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyLane View Post

Old 2012-05-01, 9:22am

Default First play

Okay, as promised. Here is my first play with some Momka Frit that a very kind soul gifted me. Pardon the really quick pix ... the sun finally came out and I have to head to work in a few minutes. blah!

The tube bead is Alaska Night with the ends encased ... middle unencased. The lentil is Aurora Borealis ... not pretty going into the kiln but love the color and wispies coming out of the kiln and the Heartish bead is Blue Lightning ... Not it's best representation ... I've played with that in rod form and it is a really neat glass ... especially on dark colors. The little donut is aurora borealis again.

I have eight colors coming from Cathy at ePlanet as we speak and I'm off work all week next week to torch and garden ... whoot whoot ... so expect many more pixs then.

Old 2012-05-01, 9:45am

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagpieGlass View Post
Okay, as promised. Here is my first play with some Momka Frit that a very kind soul gifted me. Pardon the really quick pix ... the sun finally came out and I have to head to work in a few minutes. blah!

The tube bead is Alaska Night with the ends encased ... middle unencased. The lentil is Aurora Borealis ... not pretty going into the kiln but love the color and wispies coming out of the kiln and the Heartish bead is Blue Lightning ... Not it's best representation ... I've played with that in rod form and it is a really neat glass ... especially on dark colors. The little donut is aurora borealis again.

I have eight colors coming from Cathy at ePlanet as we speak and I'm off work all week next week to torch and garden ... whoot whoot ... so expect many more pixs then.

oh oh oh gorgeous! I especially love the lentil. What was the base? Yummy!

Old 2012-05-01, 1:08pm

Love your blues Laura, great job, & I'm so looking forward to seeing more. Thanks for the tip on PMing Cathy, will do, and about keeping the rod out of the flame.
Susan, thanks for the info on your mandrel size, didn't see this until after I PMed you. I'll go dig around in my work area for some 1/8".

"All true artists, whether they know it or not, create from a place of no-mind, from inner stillness."
Eckhart Tolle

Cathy[/font]
Old 2012-05-01, 3:32pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson River Glass View Post
oh oh oh gorgeous! I especially love the lentil. What was the base? Yummy!
Thanks for the kudos. I like yours better!!

The base is White Dwarf from TAG. (I'm a bit of a TAG ho -- just a bit).

Old 2012-05-01, 8:06pm

Beautiful frit beads on this thread!!!

Viking knit End Caps for sale:
[/url]https://heatherferman.etsy.com[/url]
Old 2012-05-05, 9:13am

Just checked in on etsy and Cathy has everything listed! Woo hoo! Here's the link to the shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/EplanetGlass?page=1

I have 11 eleven year old boys coming over for a bday party today (yeah you know you're jealous) but after that is over, I'm going frit shopping!!! I figure if I survive the party, I'll deserve a little frit right?

Old 2012-05-08, 10:09am

Yup and a couple of rods of color too!

Old 2012-05-08, 10:32am
Gay rights R human rights

Wah! She doesnt ship to Canada! Phooey!

bravo torch with 2 ex20's
Old 2012-05-08, 11:21am

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb tarry View Post
Yup and a couple of rods of color too!
ooooh I like how you think!

Old 2012-05-21, 4:22pm

If you have any Momka frit experiments you would like to share, I started a thread for that here: http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=224763

Old 2012-05-27, 8:41am

woo hoo, more Momka frit is headed my way! I cannot WAIT for summer so I can torch every day.

Old 2012-05-27, 1:10pm

ooooo. I'm so jealous. I have to wait and see what is in my care package to turn into frit and then maybe I'll have to buy more of what's missing!!

Old 2012-05-27, 2:28pm

Thursday is my first day of freedom! I have kids at three different schools, one is 1/2 hr drive each way. With them being out of school, my schedule will be wide open and my torch is a-callin'. Makes me want to call ABR and order some more glassssss.

Old 2012-05-27, 5:04pm

I have a show on June 9th and that starts a week of vacation. So right now is finished stuff rather than frit testing :frown:

As soon as that is over ... watch out ... I'll be frittin' all day long!!

Old 2012-05-27, 11:32pm

Hurry back! We'll wait for ya.

Old 2014-03-06, 8:26pm
GLASS ADDICT

so does anyone know what happened to Eplanet Glass and where can one get Momka frit ?
Old 2014-03-06, 8:54pm

Last I heard, E Planet was phasing out of the frit business. You can get Momka frit on Etsy thru Magpie Glass. Her shop is here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/MagpieGlas...f=sr_gallery_1