Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2008-10-02, 7:46am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam
Default whut! No october 2008 show-thread?

shame on you!

Anyway, not much to show, but still something

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-10-02, 8:02am
yukue fumei

beautiful!! Yum yum!!!

nagi

Old 2008-10-02, 8:03am

nope, no October thread here ...
nice colours Suzanne, I gotta sit down and actually play "strike the colour" sometime, been so busy, though. Here's a little bubbly mib quickie I did yesterday in between production jobs.
Attached Images

Running a
by Miema on LPG and oxy bottles and a GTT Mirage.
Old 2008-10-02, 8:04am
yukue fumei

WOW--cool!

nagi

Old 2008-10-02, 8:06am
Enabler

I'll play! I made flower pendant all last weekend.

And one lone turtle.....thanks to ChrisAnn's great instruction at GS!!

Old 2008-10-02, 8:07am
Enabler

Lovely marble! And Suzanne, as usual, your colors just astound me.

Old 2008-10-02, 8:09am

hehe, NAGIIIII! you were so quick I didn't have time to post the next bit! I was too hasty on the back because I was too concerned about what's inside so the back's not as tidy as I like them. It's a test and I was too impatient to see what it does .... turn on the black light and it does this
Attached Images

Running a
Old 2008-10-02, 8:11am

OMG! I take a couple of minutes to find a pic to post and there's like a million posts in between! nice work Angie

Running a
Old 2008-10-02, 8:18am
yukue fumei

wickedglass--LOL!!! prepare before posting! LOL!!
we are like crazed sharks in here when in comes to eye candy!
just kidding....really amazing work you do--as always!
We have some friends who are moving to Australia--they are glass lovers--and I am going to send them a link to your studio. They are going to settle in Brisbane. Nice couple.
I think they will flip when they see your work.

Angie--wow--those are gorgeous!! And you made lots!! beautiful! And the turtle is cute!!!

nagi

Old 2008-10-02, 9:27am
traumaqueen

All those pretties! Love the marble, the flowers and what a cute turtle!

Old 2008-10-02, 9:34am
Pyromaniac

Angie,
what beautiful examples of the magic of clear frit!! (I'm assuming here)

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage

Old 2008-10-02, 10:12am

"we are like crazed sharks in here when in comes to eye candy!
just kidding" .... but not really, lol eye candy's great! I like coming here, you're all so supportive of each other.

As to your friends, Brissie is quite a way away from us, but if they ever get down to Melbourne, they're most welcome to drop in and check out our mess ... errr ... studio. The door's always open when we're in our contacts are on the website.

here's a couple of things just out of the kiln, a 2 inch clear and U-glass pendant (front, with uv and back with uv) and a flower.

I keep getting these tiny unsightly seeds in my marble lens. I think it's either because of scratches in the rod or plaster dust from our mold room or both. Could it be something else I'm missing (I use Duran)? I wipe the glass down with metho before I use it, is there something better to use? I haven't spent a lot of time making marbles, so there's lot I don't know about. It's a lot of fun and pretty intense sometimes.

cheers
Chris
Attached Images

Running a

Last edited by wickedglass; 2008-10-02 at 10:16am. Reason: oops, forgot images
Old 2008-10-02, 11:31am

I showed these in the gallery, but I wanted to show them here in the boro room. These are from my first two boro sessions. Thanks again to Nagi for her help with this new and wonderful creature called boro.

Joyce

Old 2008-10-02, 11:52am
yukue fumei

Joyce!--YAY I am so glad to see you post these here! They are beautiful!!!
Can't wait to see more of your art!!

wicked--LOL! ok, not kidding--I am a crazed shark when it comes to eye candy!

hmmmm...the carbon is curious......I use Schott Duran too and don't have those....could it be carbon from your torch or some mirco dust on your marvering pad? It doesn't look deep inside the glass so those are my guesses....... Regardless, it is a beautiful marble!! The uranium pendant is sooo cool!

nagi

Old 2008-10-02, 12:14pm
Enabler

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedglass View Post
hehe, NAGIIIII! you were so quick I didn't have time to post the next bit! I was too hasty on the back because I was too concerned about what's inside so the back's not as tidy as I like them. It's a test and I was too impatient to see what it does .... turn on the black light and it does this
Holy crap that's cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginkgoglass View Post
Angie,
what beautiful examples of the magic of clear frit!! (I'm assuming here)
Good guess on most of them! I used the Galaxy Sea and Gumdrop blends from GA on a couple of them. The really transluscent one is Tequilla Sunrise with clear frit, and I wish someone could teach me to take a decent photo of that color! There is sooooooo much more pink to that piece in person. In fact, my Mom has already absconded with that one!

Old 2008-10-02, 12:15pm
Enabler

Fantastic work, Joyce!!! And much better results than my first couple of attempts in boro. No way would I show them off!

Old 2008-10-02, 6:36pm
Spoiled

I posted these in the daily show & tell but figured I should post them here too. The pictures don't really do them justice, they're a lot prettier and more purple in person.
Attached Images

An amazing Cuda with 2 M15's & propane, a Lynx, and a Tondodama torch.

Old 2008-10-02, 8:57pm
yukue fumei

WOW--Aimee-those are to die for!! LOVE that color!

nagi

Old 2008-10-02, 11:21pm
traumaqueen

wow Aimee those are pretty!

* proud owner of one of Aimee's beads*

Old 2008-10-02, 11:40pm
glass-a-delic

Awesome work! i havent had the time to torch lately but here's a pendant i modified a little bit.. i liked the flower but the background was all messed up on the back so I wanted to see if i can do a background change.

before

after

Last edited by voic; 2008-10-02 at 11:41pm. Reason: mistype
Old 2008-10-03, 4:55am
Dead man walking

Nice job peeling off that back VOIC, it's always hard to go back and repair without mucking up the original design. Good job!
Old 2008-10-03, 7:15am
yukue fumei

COOL!

nagi

Old 2008-10-03, 8:19am
Flame Dame

Great S&T, so far. I especially love the flowers. I have more wave beads. I really enjoy making them. It's amazing how the colors turn out.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Leah
Attached Images

Etsy ID: leahbeads
Old 2008-10-03, 9:01am
yukue fumei

ooooo--yummy!

nagi

Old 2008-10-03, 9:15am

I'm loving everything! Here's some wine stoppers I've done. I'm trying to get a whole bunch done up for the Christmas season, they were big sellers last year. Also a fumed pendant, the gold with a black background seems to be a popular colour combo for fall, couldn't sell this during the summer now it's what everyone wants

Old 2008-10-03, 9:34am
yukue fumei

WOW--super yummy!

nagi

Old 2008-10-03, 10:07am
traumaqueen

beautiful! I love the light coming through the top one

Old 2008-10-03, 10:20am

I love those subtle ghostly fume implosions, Ashmo. Nice work.

I did another marble today and really watched the glass. After rigorously cleaning the glass rod I worked out that I'm still getting those surface seeds from small scratches, so I sit and pick them out with tweezers before they go too deep. Here's one I made today, some bubbling in the implosion, but relatively seed free. U glass pinwheels and an implosion/mushroom combo jelly.
Attached Images

Running a
Old 2008-10-03, 10:22am
traumaqueen

ow wow! That jellyfish is amazing!

Old 2008-10-03, 11:34am
glass-a-delic

Cool stuff Ashmo. Where do you get those corks?
Awesome jelly!