No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2013-03-07, 4:08pm

Default Beadroller 101

Hi Everyone,

Do you have a "staple" beadroller that you can't live without, one that you use eveytime you sit down to torch?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~
~
~
~

Last edited by julieann1674; 2013-03-07 at 4:53pm.
Old 2013-03-07, 4:12pm
Queen Bee

I use the graduated rounds the most, second would be the graduated donut. I also love my ridged beadrollers as well.

Donna

Vintage & Contemporary Beads, Findings, Chains, Trinity Brass, Vintaj, Bead Tubing, Bobbins

Handmade Artist Lampwork Jewelry
Old 2013-03-07, 5:14pm

Same as Donna!

Lyne
Old 2013-03-07, 5:54pm
Echo's Mother

Would someone be willing to post some hints and tips on how you use a bead roller?
Old 2013-03-07, 6:41pm

If you go to cgbeads.com, Donna has a number of video tutorials.

Lyne
Old 2013-03-07, 7:05pm
I ate a big red candle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeadBlossoms View Post
I use the graduated rounds the most, second would be the graduated donut. I also love my ridged beadrollers as well.
Ditto here. I mostly just use them to get consistent sizing. Very important for my made to orders.

I use them all though.

My fledgling etsy shop

Old 2013-03-07, 8:31pm
Nerwbie Glass Junkie

I use my donuts & rounds especially to get my beads the same size as Heather said, but my favourite one is my barrel, I use it all the time to make barrels, bicones & tidy up ends.

Old 2013-03-08, 5:33am
Melody of Glass

Same as Donna. And my barrel. I love that shape too.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Coming soon...

Old 2013-03-08, 7:36am

Thanks everyone for the feedback! I have been thinking I would use the donut or rounds more, and agreeing with Heather..."to get consistent sizing." Some days consistency comes easy, then there are days I feel like I am teaching myself all over again to make one silly donut! I can never get complacent in ANY thing that I do. lol

Barrel...I am thinking about that one. I have yet to attempt to any type of barel but I know it's in my future. These days I am stuck on making rounds and encasing rounds.

Melody - Do you use the Graduated Barrel or the Pandora Barrel?

Thanks everyone!

~
~
~
~
Old 2013-03-08, 7:59am

Ok, I just committed to my first beadrollers from CGBeads, the donut spacers and the graduated barrels. I have Corina's small and regular round shapers which I love.

..New tools...can't wait! Thanks everyone!

~
~
~
~
Old 2013-03-08, 4:36pm
Melody of Glass

Yea! New tools! I love new tools. Looking forward to pics!

I have these two from CG Beads:
BR-1001 TUBE TRIO - FRIT HOLDER
BR-701 GARDEN VARIETY PANDORA STYLE
BR-401 LETTER OPENER - BEADPEN

I love the full size tubes in the tube trios for pendants. I also make shorter ones in the tubes just by moving the glass from one end to the other to shape the ends. I use the barrel in the garden variety Pandora style for BHB barrels. I don't particularly like the beadpen roller for beadpens because I prefer my bead pens tubes to have flat ends to match up to the pen parts. I might go back to those for pendants, though.

I think the graduating barrels is a great choice. I want that one! And you'll get lots of use out of the donuts.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Coming soon...

Old 2013-03-08, 4:37pm

Tube Trio...that was in the waiting....hmmmm...next time; as I am sure there will be one soon!!

~
~
~
~
Old 2013-03-08, 4:48pm
Melody of Glass

They are very addictive, Julie! I have...well, many! And there are still a few I want. Trying to hold out until the Gathering (if I go) but likely I'll order before then.

Coming soon...

Old 2013-03-08, 8:02pm
I'm kinda biz-EE

I have too many but use them all, lol. The graduated donut is the go-to for me. Like Heather, it's critical to made to order.

Old 2013-03-11, 2:18pm

Donut Beadroller and Barrel Beadroller came today! Yippee! Thank you for all of your inputs!

~
~
~
~
Old 2013-03-11, 5:33pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendebrock View Post
Would someone be willing to post some hints and tips on how you use a bead roller?
Number one (and most important) tip: just remember, they are nothing more than a flat marver with a predetermined curve built in, so marver the same as you would on a flat surface, ie too much pressure will only push the glass (unless that's what you are trying to do).

-Donna

Donna Felkner -
-
-
-

Tags
beadroller, newbie, tools