Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2010-07-11, 6:44am
Noobie

Default Thank You Mary Lockwood

I woke up this morning to two of Mary's tutorials in my email..

I had wanted to take advantage of the sales that Mary was offering. I added the tutorials to my cart and proceeded to check out, once I got to my paypal I was reading that the funds would need to be taken out of my checking. That didn't make sense..I knew I had funds in my paypal..My paypal account was somehow charged for transactions that I did not authorize. There was also 123.00 taken from my checking since my paypal is connected to my checking.

I had contacted Mary, told her what had happened and when I get this straightened out I would pay her...She emails me the tutorials with a message to pay when I can..I thought that was so sweet of her!!!

I was a little stressed about it since it left me a little short this month..but to wake up this morning (and on a day I had planned to torch ) and find Mary's message along with the tutorials really made my day!

Thank You so very much Mary!

This is what I did to try to prevent this from happening again..maybe it could help someone.

I set up another checking account through my bank to be linked with my paypal. I can transfer funds from one checking to another when I want to purchase something using my paypal..

And the person that used my account to set up an account for Zoosk (online dating) I hope the person/people you meet using my account lie, steal and give you a good whack on the head!
Old 2010-07-11, 6:57am
Formerly FishBulb

Mary is amazing, isn't she? You'll also love her tutorials!

Sorry about the rest of the mess. I hope you get it sorted out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

In Soviet Russia, Google searches you.
Old 2010-07-12, 10:15am
Bum-chaka-laka-laka

Sorry about the mess, happened couple years ago to me. Suddenly I had this one dollar charge for itunes... thought that I must have signed up something stupid, but I got a call from the bank really fast (thank goodness I have a fraud protection) and I could not remember if I had used my card for this or that, since the names on the statement dont make always sense, but the e-harmony made me realize that ok, this is not my using! I was so mad, but I was lucky to get it all back. Hope you get yours sorted out painlessly! Sorry that it happened for you too!
Pia
Old 2010-07-12, 2:34pm
Noobie

Yes, It will all work out and I will have all of my $$ returned. Its all just a PITA. But I did learn a lot about what not to do.
Old 2010-07-13, 2:25pm
Mary Lockwood

Awww, Cherie. You didn't have to thank me for that. It's no problem at all. My bank account was hacked once, nothing to do with paypal, somebody just used my debit card numbers to order a bunch of stuff online.

The bank called me before I ever even knew it was happening. They fixed it all. I guess there were 4 other people it happened to the same morning and that was how they found it for me so quickly. Your situation is a bit more of a headache but I'm sure it will all work out.

Hugs.
~~Mary