Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-02, 12:21pm

Default how sweet it is :-)

Quote:
This is better than Days of Our Lives.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

here is a pic of my various raspberry beads I have been working on lately:
Attached Images

Last edited by Carols Glass; 2011-06-21 at 8:27am. Reason: this thread is useless without pictures
Old 2011-06-02, 12:24pm

Default here are my rubino shorties

There is one short flamed on to another short which is the raspberry rubino

Where there is only 1 clear short, that is what I was hoping the Vetrofond would look like.

Then, there are 3 shorts together which is great also, I never had a problem with the clear type or the slightly rubino tinted.

What do you think?
Attached Images

Last edited by Carols Glass; 2011-06-21 at 8:31am. Reason: this thread is worthless without pictures
Old 2011-06-02, 12:32pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Well, the Vetrofond looks a bit darker than what you have pictured. But it's definitely rubino and it's not the raspberry... So do ya want me to send it??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-06-02, 1:23pm

Sorry, I was making errands to the post office, etc.

Sure, would you please include the 1/4 pound in my shipment that is slightly pink rods that you didn't strike?

Variety
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Oh, do you have 2 pounds of this cranberry to send me or do you only have the 1/4 pound plus the 12 oz?
Old 2011-06-02, 1:25pm
"Sinners have soul too"

No problem...
Packing it up now.

Old 2011-06-02, 1:33pm

correction:

I meant do you have a total of the vetrofond rubino in the photo plus the vetrofond rubino that is slightly pink?

Here I go getting confused again, lol.

Never mind, I just saw your post.
Old 2011-06-02, 2:04pm
"Sinners have soul too"

It's a total of 22oz. I've refunded you the difference. All shipped, I just got back from the PO.

Old 2011-06-02, 2:06pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

You two need to get a room.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2011-06-02, 2:08pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Backatcha!

Old 2011-06-02, 2:12pm

End of story, item shipped, LOL!

I love happy endings, get out the tissue haha.

Thanks again, Donna
Old 2011-06-04, 12:31pm

Wait, one last post, I got my glass and WOW am I ever glad I said yes, this is gorgeous, thank you so much, Donna!

I can't wait to make some beads with it!
Old 2011-06-04, 6:28pm
sorcerer

The italian rubinos are not solid colour, try the Reichenbach they have a range of 104 coe glass, colours to try are
RL2012
RL2013
RL2015
cheers, B

Old 2011-06-04, 6:46pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Quote:
Wait, one last post, I got my glass and WOW am I ever glad I said yes, this is gorgeous, thank you so much, Donna!

I can't wait to make some beads with it!
Yay! Please post a couple of bead pics when you've made something! I got so worked up playing with the different batches I started making hibiscus flowers with the raspberry batch

Old 2011-06-05, 10:55am

I want to see your hibiscus flowers.

I haven't had a chance to work with my new rubino yet except to pull a couple stringers out and see what it looked like.
Old 2011-06-06, 10:34am
Will work for glass...

Hey, Donna, ya got any more of that rubino? Mine's all foggy too. It seems like almost every time I buy it these days, I get some variation of the dark pink with the cloudy appearance, sometimes worse than others, but never like it used to be.
Alison
Old 2011-06-06, 11:17am

Default my pic

Donna, I made 2 beads with the rubino I just got from you.

The bead all the way to the left in the back is the watermelon bead I was making before I ran out of the good rubino. I put it in the picture to show you what I did have and what I need.

The bead with the flowers was made with one of the rods I got from you that were slightly tinted pink and the other bead all the way to the right in the back is the rubino I got from you that were completely clear till you melted the end.

It looks like plum.

Oh, the flowers were made with the rubino I got from you also.

ETA to add pics of Donna's Gold Pink Special, not rubino. And I always melt the rod in the center so I have two stringers with thick ends. I still can't find the other 1/4 pound I was charged for. Each of Donna's rods are tagged. There is no way I could have misplaced them. I pulled 2 rods out, period, and sent the rest back.
Attached Images

Last edited by Carols Glass; 2011-06-23 at 6:12pm. Reason: this thread is useless without pictures
Old 2011-06-06, 11:19am

I think I will try to dilute it with clear and see what happens before I give up entirely.

ETA: I am still very glad to have bought it and it isn't milky in the least!

Last edited by Carols Glass; 2011-06-06 at 4:04pm.
Old 2011-06-06, 5:06pm

Default Rubino

Quote:
I think I will try to dilute it with clear and see what happens before I give up entirely.

ETA: I am still very glad to have bought it and it isn't milky in the least!
Have you tried 592213? It is a rubino and clear mixed together, it might be what you wanting.........but "MIGHT" is the key word.

And also we are selling some Effetre 591456 Rubino which a rock (small) maybe two rocks in each 13 inch rod.

But Retail being $60, our discounted price is $20, that is a 66% discount, and we have a few hundred pounds.

And this rubino has so many fewer rocks that our Vetrofond had a few years ago.

Mike

Mike

Frantz Art Glass Website:

The Torch Website:

Mike's phone: 800.839.6712 ext 206
Old 2011-06-06, 6:18pm

ok, Mike, I thank you for being so kind and helping me out here.

I ordered enough to last me the rest of my beadmaking life so I could get in on your free shipping!
Old 2011-06-07, 2:49pm

Quote:
Hey, Donna, ya got any more of that rubino? Mine's all foggy too. It seems like almost every time I buy it these days, I get some variation of the dark pink with the cloudy appearance, sometimes worse than others, but never like it used to be.
Alison

Alison,

I would love to sell you the rubino I got from Donna, are you still interested?

I'm sorry, I was being sarcastic.

Last edited by Carols Glass; 2011-06-07 at 6:31pm.
Old 2011-06-07, 6:00pm

Default Update of Rubino

[quote=mikefrantz;3566661]Have you tried 592213? It is a rubino and clear mixed together, it might be what you wanting.........but "MIGHT" is the key word.

And also we are selling some Effetre 591456 Rubino which a rock (small) maybe two rocks in each 13 inch rod.

But Retail being $60, our discounted price is $20, that is a 66% discount, and we have a few hundred pounds.

We have done some testing on this rocky rubino. Now the Vetrofond Rocky Rubino had parts of the crucible in the rods, while the Effetre that we are selling at $20 per pound has unmelted ingredients. What we found is when we were working the the Rubino and came up to some of this unmelted material, we gave it more oxygen and it melted properly.

So with a little extra oxygen, the rods are perfect and still just $20 per pound.

Mikey

Frantz Art Glass Website:

The Torch Website:

Mike's phone: 800.839.6712 ext 206
Old 2011-06-07, 6:28pm

Quote:
Well, the Vetrofond looks a bit darker than what you have pictured. But it's definitely rubino and it's not the raspberry... So do ya want me to send it??
I hate to say this but this is definitely not rubino, well, not regular, it's "special" rubino and when I add it to white it turns the white purple not pink as rubino does.

I think it is the raspberry but without the milkiness of it.

I've tried everything and I am very unhappy with it.

ETA: It's ok, Donna, at least you tried to help me. I know I will be able to figure something beautiful to make with it

Last edited by Carols Glass; 2011-06-07 at 8:37pm.
Old 2011-06-07, 6:29pm

[quote=mikefrantz;3568443]
Quote:
Have you tried 592213? It is a rubino and clear mixed together, it might be what you wanting.........but "MIGHT" is the key word.

We have done some testing on this rocky rubino. Now the Vetrofond Rocky Rubino had parts of the crucible in the rods, while the Effetre that we are selling at $20 per pound has unmelted ingredients. What we found is when we were working the the Rubino and came up to some of this unmelted material, we gave it more oxygen and it melted properly.

So with a little extra oxygen, the rods are perfect and still just $20 per pound.

Mikey
I will be so happy if it is just PINK rubino!
Old 2011-06-08, 1:58pm

Quote:

Hi Donna,

Did you get my PM asking for a refund?

Thanks!

Carol
Old 2011-06-08, 1:59pm

Of course, I want to send you this glass back!
Old 2011-06-08, 4:33pm

It looks like you're reducing the rubino too much or working too close to the flame. Are you working it in a neutral flame? To me it looks like you're burning it by working it too much.

I've gotten pounds and pounds of rubino from Donna over the years and never had a problem with any of the batches.
Old 2011-06-08, 7:11pm
Bead maker and bead buyer

I've had rubino that didn't like to be sitting in the kiln for a long time too. I'd have to make rubino beads at the end of the day so they weren't garaged longer than an hour or so, or they'd get darker and more opaque. If they were only garaged for an hour or less, they'd stay nice and bright pink. So you might want to try that too.
Old 2011-06-09, 7:22am

Quote:
It looks like you're reducing the rubino too much or working too close to the flame. Are you working it in a neutral flame? To me it looks like you're burning it by working it too much.

I've gotten pounds and pounds of rubino from Donna over the years and never had a problem with any of the batches.
Thank you for the advice

I am glad Donna has someone who will purchase the returned rubino from her. Now she won't be suffering any loss at all because I only get a refund for the glass returned, not for the 2 rods I used trying to make it work out, and not for the shipping both ways, which amounts to $20.00 for me.

Total amount lost comes to $34.00, $20.00 shipping and $14.00 for 2 rods of glass!

Last edited by Carols Glass; 2011-06-15 at 2:16pm. Reason: Corrected the amount spent on this purchase
Old 2011-06-09, 7:24am

Quote:
I've had rubino that didn't like to be sitting in the kiln for a long time too. I'd have to make rubino beads at the end of the day so they weren't garaged longer than an hour or so, or they'd get darker and more opaque. If they were only garaged for an hour or less, they'd stay nice and bright pink. So you might want to try that too.
This is good advice, also, thank you.

I could not get any pink out of this rubino, only purple.
Old 2011-06-09, 7:27am

LoriBeads, thank you for the photos, I saw them last night on my cell phone but I was in bed for the night and it is hard to type very much on the Blackberry.

I love the beads you showed examples of. I don't really like the veiled rubino as it is too light but I am sure it has it's purposes.

Your beads demonstrate what rubino I was searching for. I have high hopes that what is coming from Mike Frantz will be great since he said it is the rubino we have all come to know and love.

Thank you for taking the time to make the beads and photograph them.

I don't know why you deleted your post but I am sure you had your reasons.

At least I got to see your gorgeous beads!
Closed Thread