Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2013-10-07, 3:36pm

Default Concentrator repair

I'm looking for the name of a company that has repaired a concentrator at a reasonable price and from an reliable person. I have an Airsep onyx+ that needs repair and I'm having trouble deciding who to have do the repair.

I have been waiting since April 29th for a concentrator that I purchased from UO but I finally realized it was never going to come. I was told it's being shipped today one to many times.

Soooo I'm a little afraid of sending it to another state, at an expensive price to ship it, without any knowledge of the repair person.

Any information you can share is much appreciated.

Darlene

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2013-10-07, 6:41pm

I tried to start a thread a while back asking others to post repair sites in their state, and didn't receive many answers......

Where are you?

Try to call some pharmacies, oxygen providers, etc., in your area and ask them for a reference. They should know of a reliable concentrator recertifier who regularly picks up and delivers locally.

If not, call your manufacturer and ask who they recommend.

Be sure to state that you want an estimate before they begin the work, and be prepared for a check out fee.

Replacing the sieve bed can run $200 plus, and I would recommend a new filter at the same time (or learning how to replace it yourself).

Barbara
Old 2013-10-07, 10:42pm
one day at a time

That is a generator and a rather expensive one I must say. I would call Airsep.
Old 2013-10-08, 3:11pm

Check with Maureen at Flametree - she'll have a line on the guy who does them in our area. Can't think I his name right now, but he's good at what he does.

Robert
Old 2013-10-08, 3:38pm

Thanks everyone for the replies.
Robert, I did call Maureen but they're closed today. I'll give her a call tomorrow.
The problem I'm running in to is the repair person not being familiar with Airsep. Also, the cost of the repair and shipping both ways I can just about buy a new one.
Southern Flames had a person listed and he said he might be able to do something. I'm going to call hem again tomorrow.
Thanks again