Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2007-07-19, 10:19am
mystical cat lover 56

Default What is yellow ice

What is yellow ice ? Is it a glass ?
Old 2007-07-19, 10:27am
You talkin to me?

Yes, it's a new Vetrofond color... here it is...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I work on a Minor burner, with an oxy-con and household natural gas
Old 2007-07-19, 10:46am
mystical cat lover 56

Thank you !
Old 2007-07-19, 10:49am
Entropy increasing....

Though it looks like a pale yellow sort of alabastro in the rod, it's an off white opaque when melted. I made the core of this bead out of it.

Old 2007-07-19, 12:25pm
You talkin to me?

You're welcome dahhhling.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I work on a Minor burner, with an oxy-con and household natural gas
Old 2007-07-19, 5:17pm
Melts glass~makes jewelry

Ebay is sold out. Who else has it?

Old 2007-07-19, 5:20pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

www.ggglass.com also has it.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2007-07-19, 5:28pm
Entropy increasing....

I got mine from Mike Frantz
Old 2007-07-19, 6:02pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevan View Post
I got mine from Mike Frantz
me too actually

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2007-07-19, 6:46pm
Dangerous Woman

Renee has it. www.Flamekissedglass.com

May your torch burn brightly and your oxy never run out. - Karen Hardy

On a Cheetah with a hurricane Still have my Lynx as a back up.
Old 2007-07-19, 6:47pm
I'm a lilac!

Do not eat the yellow ice...

Old 2007-07-19, 8:03pm

LOL

Old 2007-07-19, 8:18pm
maybe tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalera View Post
Do not eat the yellow ice...
I was waiting for this. I can't believe it took so long! LOL

Old 2007-07-19, 9:03pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Lutman View Post
I was waiting for this. I can't believe it took so long! LOL
I can't believe I didn't think of it!
:

--------------
Make Beads:

--------------

Do you make purple hearts? Let me know in your order and I'll send you free purple glass!
Old 2007-07-19, 9:05pm
I'm a lilac!

Hee hee hee...

Old 2007-07-20, 3:56am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

has anyone experienced incompatibility issues with this color when encased... cause I have. I made an encased flower bead, flowers where yellow, and after two weeks I discovered big spiderweb cracks on my encased flowers

I really hate the fact that I have to test all my glass these days, and not just make a set out of it, but make encased beads and wait three weeks... what the heck is going on

Old 2007-07-20, 7:18am

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanne View Post
has anyone experienced incompatibility issues with this color when encased... cause I have. I made an encased flower bead, flowers where yellow, and after two weeks I discovered big spiderweb cracks on my encased flowers

I really hate the fact that I have to test all my glass these days, and not just make a set out of it, but make encased beads and wait three weeks... what the heck is going on

I haven't encased it yet - I will do some today and let them hang around. I'm curious to see what others have experienced as well

thanks for sharing Suzanne!
:

--------------
Make Beads:

--------------

Do you make purple hearts? Let me know in your order and I'll send you free purple glass!
Old 2007-07-20, 7:30am

Just wanted to add that it is called "Belgian Lace" in Europe (or at least in the German speaking countries).
Verena

Fritblends in COE 104:
Old 2007-07-20, 7:58am
traumaqueen

I've had incompatibilitycracks with both the lemon ice/belgium lace as well as with the lemon merengue when encased. I haven't tried encasing with moretti or vetrofond though, just Lauscha so that might very well be the culprit here

Old 2007-07-20, 8:35am
SSDD... go ahead, ask me!

Great information Kimberly, thank you! I still consider myself a newbie and really appreciate any tips from the Pros I get.
Old 2007-07-20, 9:48am
traumaqueen

I'm sure it will help lots of people, thank you for pointing it out, cause it is important. I never use any yellow and I've only started working with odd lots about six months ago, and found I had to really test all these lovely colors before selling them off cause lots of colors do cause trouble.Also Lauscha has caused me lots of crap lately, I bought a huge batch from the factory last november and I've had the weirdest cracks sometimes.

I think testing glass is a good thing, I really don't want to wreck my name on ebay because I didn't test my glass thoroughly enough ( sp)

Suzanne

Old 2007-07-20, 11:30am

Kimberly, what clear do you encase with now?

Old 2007-07-20, 11:44am
traumaqueen

How does the diamond clear compare to lauscha, I've been kinda hesitant to order it cause it's not really that inexpensive, and I've bought the kugler clear ( the expensive one) and it turns out to be incredibly incompatible with almost anything I use it for. Now it's just sitting in a box looking purty...

Old 2007-07-20, 11:50am
yukue fumei

Suzanne- the Diamond Clear is wonderful....if you want to try a sample I can mail you a bit to try

nagi

Old 2007-07-20, 11:51am
traumaqueen

I just ordered some ( and I couldn't resist getting some of his perfect rubino, the latest batch I've seen here was horrible , turned all murky and yellowish under clear) so I'll do some side by side testing for those interested

Old 2007-07-20, 11:52am
traumaqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagibeads View Post
Suzanne- the Diamond Clear is wonderful....if you want to try a sample I can mail you a bit to try
Denise you are such a hoot, I just ordered some but thank you, you are the sweetest, I think you should really mary me

Old 2007-07-20, 12:00pm
traumaqueen

you and me both, I'm such a sucker for pinks, especially if they are good

Old 2007-07-20, 4:02pm
Glass my new Obsession

Who makes the diamond Clear?I wanna try it and see if I can encase without scum!

Old 2007-07-20, 4:47pm
Dangerous Woman

R4 Honey.

May your torch burn brightly and your oxy never run out. - Karen Hardy

On a Cheetah with a hurricane Still have my Lynx as a back up.
Old 2007-07-20, 7:16pm
Glass my new Obsession

Thanks Nancy