Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Free Tutorials

Old 2008-07-01, 4:09am

Make that three FF holders. I have been using anything I can find. Currently my smaller press bit, which looks like a screw from the Jim Moore tool ,plopped in a hole drilled into a piece of pine scrap. Maybe I have the pre- FF thingie.

I live in Michigan, USA

Anne

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by anne225; 2008-07-01 at 4:10am. Reason: clarification
Old 2008-07-01, 5:20am
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

And your secret to polishing this week, right????? HintHintHint...my zip is 22539..I will look up the ID in a bit. I think it is a good time for you to think about moving on over this way now!!
Thanks again, pat
Old 2008-07-01, 5:24am
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

Ok, that didn't take as long as I thought to find...I actually have been filing my little bits of paper!!
My IDs are .156 and .218...Those two fit the 3/16 and 5/32 and 1/4 mandrel sizes if any one else is interested. They seem small...
Thanks, pat
Old 2008-07-01, 5:46am

Lol ok guys message recieved, il do the tut tonight before i move onto anything else.

Quote:
Make that three FF holders. I have been using anything I can find. Currently my smaller press bit, which looks like a screw from the Jim Moore tool ,plopped in a hole drilled into a piece of pine scrap. Maybe I have the pre- FF thingie.

I live in Michigan, USA

Anne
Ok can you give me your inside diam to please Anne?

Regards
Andrew

back up and running. Been months so needs major work. (updated 12/06 )
Old 2008-07-01, 7:53am
Covered in glitter

Fabulous tutorial! Thanks so much!

And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who couldn't hear the music. --Nietzsche
Old 2008-07-01, 8:56am

Okay Pat here it is Click Mr Smily.

Quote:
Fabulous tutorial! Thanks so much!
My pleasure

Old 2008-07-01, 9:14am
Master Procrastinator

OOOOOOH! Can I get in line for a fat finger too? I just came across this wonderful thread and am taking it all in. I resisted buying a press, well couldn't afford is more like it, so this tute will definitely come in handy. If you have enough to go around, I'm in New York.

Old 2008-07-01, 12:16pm
aka Spawn Of Flame

Thank you for such a nice tutorial. I don't think that I will be able to do this - my cat will not eat broccoli. Maybe I'll try and skip that step.

--
--
--

Old 2008-07-01, 1:01pm
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

Hi Andrew, Thank you very, very, much!!!! love and kissies..........
At first I was a little hesitant to click the smiley...not quite sure if something was going to jump at me. Thank you again and again for all your wonderful work on this for all of us...It sure does look like I had better try to make that finger thingie today so I can try this...oh, wait, gotta order the green and brown thingies first!!AHA..

pat
Old 2008-07-01, 11:25pm
Senior Moment

Andrew, thank you so much for the fantastic tutorial. I will give it another try now-well in the morning.

Old 2008-07-02, 3:18am

Thanks for all the lovely comments, hope you guys get something out of it.

Yes skip the broccoli its purely for sycho siamese

I am working on the Fat Finger Stands over the next couple of days but have a market to get ready for on the weekend. So hopefuly il get something worked out by the end of the weekend.

regards
Andrew.

Old 2008-07-02, 7:34am
Covered in glitter

Andrew thanks so much for this brilliant tutorial. Thank you also for letting me post the link on MCC. I would post the entire tutorial but I'd hate to screw it up somehow. You are very generous with your time and knowledge.

I'd love a 'fat finger' as well. This could be a great seller for you on etsy!

Broccoli kitty is adorable. She should meet my BT who's currently loving green mulberries. LOL

And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who couldn't hear the music. --Nietzsche
Old 2008-07-02, 3:30pm

WAHOO!! Andrew, you're tutorial is excellent! I've been cursing my bead liner tool because I was cracking most of my beads. I finally gave up and read you tut about a gazillion times. Tried it for the first time today and VOILA! It's unpolished and has fuzzies galore but here's a pic of the first one:

Holy cow, that's an in-your-face photo - sorry about that. I'm so excited I can barely sit still long enough to read your polishing tutorial. I'm headed to the hardware store tonight to get a nut and bolt for a FFS. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Angela Kane

-One of a kind boro frit blends!
Old 2008-07-02, 3:38pm

Thank you Deb for the kind words and thank you for doing the work and linking it. Lol i dont know if im generous or not but i do get a lot of enjoyment seeing people getting something out of it. Certainly makes it very worth while.

Lol godbless weirdo cats, im sure noodle gives me a good laugh at least once a day. Oh no green mulberries they made me very sick as a kid sitting in grand mas tree scoffing them.

I had a brain wave last night and im going to try for one fat finger with two sizes. Lol i have two and its annoying so il make one for myself and see how it goes.

Ive checked out postage to the USA and im aiming for $ 25 delivered . So il see how it goes today.

Regards
Andrew.

Old 2008-07-02, 3:43pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by framerak View Post
WAHOO!! Andrew, you're tutorial is excellent! I've been cursing my bead liner tool because I was cracking most of my beads. I finally gave up and read you tut about a gazillion times. Tried it for the first time today and VOILA! It's unpolished and has fuzzies galore but here's a pic of the first one:

Holy cow, that's an in-your-face photo - sorry about that. I'm so excited I can barely sit still long enough to read your polishing tutorial. I'm headed to the hardware store tonight to get a nut and bolt for a FFS. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!
Congratulations on a awesome job and thanks for sharing. You have made my day .

I love the bead and love the viking knit? or is it a braid ?

He He who cares about the size looks fantastic.

Old 2008-07-02, 3:59pm

Thanks for the compliment Andrew! It's Viking knit. Don't have a Pandora-style bracelet but I have that chunk of Viking knit that I've never done anything with so I use it for photos.

Angela Kane

Old 2008-07-02, 4:05pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by framerak View Post
Thanks for the compliment Andrew! It's Viking knit. Don't have a Pandora-style bracelet but I have that chunk of Viking knit that I've never done anything with so I use it for photos.
Totaly love it no pandor- bracelet looks that good . Did you do it on a round or hexagonal object ?

Old 2008-07-02, 4:08pm

Love along the waters edge one of my favorite color combos.

Old 2008-07-02, 4:27pm

Did it on a round plastic tube and pulled through really small drawplate. It was actually my first Viking knit and I've never gotten around to putting it to use. And many thanks for the compliment on the "waters edge" beads. Love that ocean green color - Vetro odd lot from a few years ago.

Angela Kane

Old 2008-07-02, 7:09pm

top job i love it

i would love to do viking knit for every bracelet and pendant but alas i need time to eat, sleep and play with my pussy

Looking for someone who can add a few extra hours a day to my day pretty please.

Old 2008-07-03, 2:22am

Ok ive completed the first Fat Finger Bead stand.

I have worked out a price of $ 10 Australian Delivered. Which i think is very reasonable.
They are made from brass and stand 25 mm (1") high and will be in two sizes. The sizes being the diameter of the nipple the bead sits on.
The sizes are 3.1mm (one eigthth) AND 4.9 mm just over (3/16) but as im useing bought stock to make them i will make any size for the $ 10.

If the people that have already asked still would like one il certainly honor those first then i will keep putting them on either Oztion or Etsy to keep the price down.

The only thing i can see that may change is drilling them out to reduce the weight if Australia post gets picky. Wont effect the the FFs but wont be able to do my hair using the base for a mirror anymore

So its on and if i dont hear from anyone over the next few days il start putting them on Oztion to start with to see how that goes .

Regards
Andrew.

Old 2008-07-03, 6:10am

That is a great price for the fat fingers!

Beth
Old 2008-07-03, 7:12am

Thanks Beth, i thought so myself

Old 2008-07-03, 9:46am
Give to receive...simple.

Hi Andrew, you are amazing!
count me in for the two sizes..One of each..

I have Paypal..
Let me know at your convenience....

Thanks!
PS I'm away from the computer this weekend ...

Old 2008-07-03, 10:57am

Andrew, count me in for one of each too! I can do Paypal pronto so let me know your Paypal email addy.

Many thanks to you!

Angela Kane

Old 2008-07-03, 11:07am

Talking

This is a great tut have read many and this one is by far the best thanks for taking the time to help those in need such as me
Old 2008-07-03, 2:59pm

Lol thank you adee and char for the lovely comments. You have exactly two weeks to stop it

Thanks Adee and Angela i will start a list here and update it daily on progress.

Regards
Andrew.

Old 2008-07-03, 3:32pm
Give to receive...simple.

Only two weeks Andrew??! Awww shucks!! LOL!

We do truly appreciate you, I know I speak for all of us here ...

Thank you from the bottom of our beadmaking heart!

Last edited by adee; 2008-07-03 at 3:33pm. Reason: i'm a spelling dud! lo..
Old 2008-07-03, 4:18pm

He He thanks adee

Old 2008-07-03, 5:06pm
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

And don't forget the person who suggested ever so kindly that you should be making those fat thingies to sell to us???? Yes Sir, Andrew Sir, please put me down for two. I will send my paypal addy when you are ready to ship. Thanks more and more, pat