Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Beads of Courage > Beads of Courage

Beads of Courage -- Discussion for all things Beads of Courage; the only not-for-profit, arts-in-medicine program putting to use the talents of glass beadmakers to uplift children dealing with life threatening illnesses, their families and the people who care for them. Families, clinicians and artists alike are welcome to join in! (Thank you to Lampwork Etc. for supporting Beads of Courage and helping to foster communication!) PHOTOS OF INDIVIDUALS OR CHILDREN ONLY ALLOWED WITH THEIR SPECIFIC CONSENT.

Old 2012-11-02, 4:52pm
I'm the 1000th poster!!

Default Another Beads of Courage Challenge!

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Together with Mountain Glass Arts, I am challenging you all to a Beads of Courage Challenge!!

Up for grabs are TWO 50.00 gift certificates to Mountain Glass Arts.

To enter, each set of 10 "Acts of Courage" beads that you make between now and Dec. 1st you will be entered into a drawing for a gift certificate! The more you make, the more chances you can get.

Let's spread some love this holiday season while these special families go through things we can only imagine.

Post a comment on my blog, or pictures here so I can share them with everyone!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by pierces*designs; 2012-11-02 at 4:55pm.
Old 2012-11-02, 5:04pm
Loving learning

How nice of you Debbie~!
Old 2012-11-03, 7:12am
I'm the 1000th poster!!

For those who wonder what an act of courage bead is:

Artisan-made glass beads are used as "Act of Courage" beads which are special beads that kids get to choose for special courageous acts during treatment. They can be any design or size.

But I would ask that they be bigger than a spacer for this challenge. I will give an entry for every 30 spacers.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2012-11-03, 7:21am
Loving learning

I try for at least 1 1/4" after Robert posted that they need large beads for AOC beads, so I think I'm OK there, but have a question.

I am doing some of the That Frit Girl frit sample beads for BOC, so those will be mailed back to That Frit Girl when I get them done, then she mails on to BOC. I'm assuming I would not count those beads in to my total, is that correct?
Old 2012-11-05, 10:34pm

That is so nice, Debbie.
ginger
Old 2012-11-07, 7:43pm
Catchen' the Sun

I will take that Challenge Deb.
Its a wonderful thing to do.

SRA # K36 Catchen' the Sun Glass Art

Old 2012-11-10, 12:41pm
I'm the 1000th poster!!

Bump! I have about 20 made so far. (I don't get to participate, but that is all good)

Old 2012-11-11, 6:47am

I've made 20 so far and hope to get a lot more done by the end of the month. These are all 15mm and 25mm.

Deb - I think you should post pictures even if you're not entering!

Old 2012-11-12, 3:19pm
I'm the 1000th poster!!

Quote:
I try for at least 1 1/4" after Robert posted that they need large beads for AOC beads, so I think I'm OK there, but have a question.

I am doing some of the That Frit Girl frit sample beads for BOC, so those will be mailed back to That Frit Girl when I get them done, then she mails on to BOC. I'm assuming I would not count those beads in to my total, is that correct?
Eileen, if you made them on/after the date the contest was announced, then yes, post away!

Old 2012-11-12, 3:21pm
I'm the 1000th poster!!

Quote:
I've made 20 so far and hope to get a lot more done by the end of the month. These are all 15mm and 25mm.

Deb - I think you should post pictures even if you're not entering!

LOVE THEM!!!

Old 2012-11-12, 3:35pm

Thanks Debbie!
Old 2012-11-12, 3:39pm
Loving learning

Patty, those are lovely!
Old 2012-11-12, 4:35pm

My Grandson had Cancer and was at Childrens Hospital of CA for 6 month straight. They don't have a "Beads of Courage" at that hospital. (that was 5 yrs. ago) But.... I'm up for the challenge for sure!
Where do we mail them too?
Thanks,
Teena
Old 2012-11-14, 9:56am
Practice makes perfect?

My first BOC challenge. I am finally getting to the point where my beads have puckers and my kiln is working so I can anneal so....I've been working my tail off and have 100 beads to show for all my effort. Sending them off to BOC tomorrow am. They are a mixture of all kinds.

Old 2012-11-15, 2:37pm
Pugs rule

Love those Karen

Old 2012-11-16, 12:13pm
I'm the 1000th poster!!

WOO HOO Karen!! That is AWWESOME!

Old 2012-11-16, 6:51pm

Wow Karen - lovely beads! The kids will be thrilled!
Old 2012-11-16, 7:00pm
Practice makes perfect?

Thanks, I'm just happy to help the kids!

I don't want to brag or make anyone jealous or anything, but I can still fit into the earrings I wore in high school.
Old 2012-11-25, 12:07pm
I'm the 1000th poster!!

Bump!

Old 2012-11-28, 9:21am
Loving learning

I finally got to make some BOC beads the last 2 days. These are the ones I'll be sending that I'm sure I made in November, because I don't remember when I made the others in the bowl!

Just remembered I had one still on the mandrel, so off to see if I can coax it off this morning, LOL.
Old 2012-11-28, 4:38pm
Sheila Davis Designs

I love the parrot! I have some, I just need to photograph.

Old 2012-11-29, 1:44pm
Sheila Davis Designs

Here's a few (22) from me!
Attached Images

Old 2012-11-29, 4:54pm
I'm the 1000th poster!!

Awesome!!!

Old 2012-11-29, 11:47pm
Pobody's nerfect!

Here's 20 from me, will be on their way this weekend! (please excuse the craptastic photography lol)

"While we have the gift of life, it seems to me the only tragedy is to allow part of us to die -- whether it is our spirit, our creativity or our glorious uniqueness” -- Gilda Radner
Old 2012-11-30, 7:04am
Loving learning

The kids are going to have some cute beads coming from this challenge, they're all so great!
Old 2012-11-30, 11:59am

Here are some of mine, I brought in eighty beads last night (to the Canadian BOC) but most of those were my wonky ones from last year. I made some butterflies, trains and christmas beads specifically for BOC. It was a really great way to get creative ideas flowing! Now I'm looking at all of my kids toys and thinking about what great beads they'd make....
Attached Images

Old 2012-11-30, 12:14pm
Loving learning

Deb, I forgot to say that I can only claim about 12-15 beads that I'm sure I made in November, so I would have one entry, thanks!
Old 2012-12-10, 7:16am

Dayna, those train beads are so cute!

Old 2012-12-10, 6:03pm

Thanks Denielle, I made then because my son is crazy about Thomas. I'm still trying to work them out a bit, but I'll write up a tutorial for them after Christmas.

Old 2012-12-10, 6:06pm
I'm the 1000th poster!!

Sorry I neglected this thread. School and family issues kept me a mess.

Let's go until 12/15 and see if we can get more made.

Sound OK?

So, if you have any in Dec, lets see them!