Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Sale Rack

Sale Rack -- Sales, Promotions, Giveaways, Specials, Etc.
Only LE Vendors may start threads, but anyone may reply.

Old 2014-04-17, 7:25am
Moving On

Arrow The FRIT DIVISION of GG Glass is FOR SALE

IMMEDIATELY!
For pricing, and other information, please contact Gail privately at gailjos @ gmail.com

The selling price will include the following (but not shipping) and is a crazy bargain. It is based on half of the price I paid for the frit, a nominal price for the jars & labels, images and most importantly, the frit recipes:

I will be moving across the country in 8 weeks, and will be packing up my frit in the next week or so. I would prefer to send it to a new buyer, rather than to myself! Due to the weight and volume, it will either have to sell locally, or be shipped by truck on a pallet.

The Fritty-Nitty-Gritty:
I am selling more than 1000 pounds of coe 104, 90 and 96 frit (most of this is solid color), all inventoried. Amounts are approximate, but very close.
556 pounds coe 104 solid colors
400 pound coe 90 solid colors
214 pounds coe 96 solid colors
40 pounds (640 ozs) blends in colors I sell through Ed Hoy's and Delphi

-Not inventoried, but included--All blends I have in stock, made up, from which I jar my retail orders
-Approx. $1000 value jars & lids in multiple sizes
-Boxes and boxes of labels plus my label files in jpg and Word documents
-pegboard wire shelving (originally intended for VHS tapes), if desired--not including in my pricing calculations)

*All recipes I've created (hundreds) plus my assistance in revising due to color changes in industry (i.e., Vetrofond).

*You be able to use "GG Glass Frit" and frit names. I will link to YOU on my website.

*You will be able to use any of my frit and bead images.

*I will facilitate contact with my wholesale accounts and inform my retail customers of the change in frit ownership.

**One last detail--I am omitting the coe 96 solid color frits which I will still use to make my cane because it would be ridiculous for me to take a huge loss on color which I actually still need. If the buyer would like my inventory in those colors, that is an additional 176 lbs of coe 96 frit which will be sold at the price I paid.

Thank you!

I hope someone got a really nice tax refund!!!!--Gail

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2014-04-28, 11:42am
Moving On

An update---I have sold about 1/3 of my coe 90 frit to a fuser, and will be willing to take a bigger loss on the coe 104 frit, just because there is so much of it.

I'm really hoping that there is someone out there who would like to carry on with my blends while I focus my attention on the veiled cane!!!

-Gail (who has sold her house and is about to sign counter-offer acceptance papers on the new house!)

Old 2014-04-28, 12:11pm

congrats on the move, Gail!
and shame on me for not coming down to GG to pick out some cane like i had said i would....damn life gets in the way
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

btw..where are you moving to?
Old 2014-04-28, 12:25pm
Moving On

Thanks! I'm moving to Tucson!!! I haven't quite grasped it yet (nor packed), lol! Well, I take it back, I started, it just looks like I'll never finish!--Gail

Old 2014-04-28, 6:17pm

Ohh.. we will be almost neighbours! I wish I had the $$ to buy your frit business, I would totally go for it.
Old 2014-04-29, 4:45pm

Wow, would love to talk to you about it.. But afraid I would not be able to afford it.. Good luck to you.. Love your glass..
Old 2014-04-30, 10:22am

If I didn't live with someone that would have a stroke seeing 500 lbs of frit come in I would take the 104! Good Luck Gail. I don't envy you moving all of that frit. May I suggest PODS? They were cheaper for me moving glass South than anyone/thing else!
Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2014-04-30, 11:30am

Location: 6 month in Ontario and 6 month in either Michigan or Florida

pm sent

Micki

Old 2014-04-30, 1:39pm
Moving On

An update---If you haven't heard from me, it is because there are a few people with whom I have been negotiating who want various parts of the business, and until I know where we stand, I don't know what is still available.

What I DO know:
-coe 90 and coe 96 recipes are for sale (Or should I publish them, somehow?)
-Most of my coe 90 frit is tentatively sold
-The solid colors of coe 104 (& already mixed blends) and recipes are being seriously negotiated
-I have a revised list of the solid color coe 96 colors for sale
-the already-mixed coe 96 blends have been sold

Last edited by Gail Joseph; 2014-04-30 at 5:55pm.
Old 2014-04-30, 9:29pm

Gail - I just wanted to welcome you to TUCSON! Here's some guidelines to living here:

1) throw out the damn long underwear you will NEVER need them again
2) buy 2 sets of oven mitts, one for cooking the other for driving from June -Sept
3) learn it is acceptable to cut others off with reckless abandon in a Target parking lot just to park under a puny 5' tall, 3 branched tree for "added shade"
4) map out the top 20 Mexican food restaurants given to you as suggestions from locals, you'll marvel at how many ways to make a chile relleno and tacos
5) learn that "cold" means below 88 degrees even if you're talking about "ice water"
6) learn what a swamp cooler is and know it will NOT cool you in monsoon season in July/August even if you poured "ice water" in it... sorry!
7) learn that it is effing hot as hell to try to torch at all outside after May 20th-ish and if you do, it will be because you either are sitting in a kiddie pool with a hose running over you or you're simply nuts - or both.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
because of #7, go to Lowe's and get a stand up AC unit for your studio - even if it's in your house - so you can torch in what everyone else calls "normal" summer temps
9) you get to laugh your butt off in winter at those who post it's too cold to torch where they are, because it will NEVER be too cold in Tucson to torch! EVER!
10) if your torch breaks down after May, don't worry, you can always use the radiant heat off the hood of your car to melt whatever you want.

WELCOME! You can't tell I'm a little "baked" by the sun after 35 years can you? -
Heather in Tucson - Sonoran Glass School patron - and very happy we are gaining another glass diva!!!!!!
Old 2014-05-01, 12:55am
Slogan Challenged...

I agree with all those rules LOL but for those of us who torch outside, we turn into night owls right about this time and work all night. So, if you don't want to get an AC unit, you can get a good light

Facebook:

Etsy:

Old 2014-05-01, 1:42pm

Quote:
I agree with all those rules LOL but for those of us who torch outside, we turn into night owls right about this time and work all night. So, if you don't want to get an AC unit, you can get a good light
ROFL!!! Gail, I wish that you were moving here but South Texas is brutal for lampworkers! My AC went out in my studio so I torch in shorts & a tank top and a lot of sweat! I *hate* it when the rods pop...

Leslie
Frit Happens...