Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2015-04-22, 2:59pm

Default Workshop for Metal Clay Rings in August in CT

Greetings all you metal clay fans! This is an invitation to join me and a bunch of other metal clay lovers in a workshop that I will be giving at the Metal Clay Mojo Conference on August 18 & 19, in Chester, CT.

The Mask Ring is the title of the workshop. What you will be doing in the class is modeling a face (or part of a face—like the eyes or the lips!) in polymer clay, using liquid silicone to make a mold, and then filling that mold with 960 Sterling Metal Clay. You will then make a shank, put the two together and Voilà, A really cool ring will result!!

Don’t be intimidated one teeny weeny iota by the modeling of the face because I have a sure-fire method that ANYONE, yes I said ANYONE can do! No lie; honest to goodness, it’s true. In fact, in previous workshops, I had to beg people to stop working on their models so we could get on with the metal clay part!!

You will see pictures of some rings made with this technique. And as you can see, there are many variations. There is no reason why you couldn’t expand this project to pendants, earrings, or bracelet links.

So if you would like to join in the fun of the workshop (and the conference, too) go to www.metalclaymojo.com, and find out more information. Hope to see you there!

click on my blog to see lots of pix of the rings!
http://barbarabeckersimon.blogspot.com/