LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Free Tutorials

Old 2009-11-14, 4:17am
Knob Creek Glass

Hmm. I ordered my third raggeria from Spiral Arts. I better save my pennies for January when they are ordering again. Cynthia, you have made me want the bellflower tools. See you in April in Indiana!!

Last edited by barbaracollins; 2009-11-14 at 6:39am.
Old 2009-11-14, 8:21am

Bev. Those are beautiful! The bell flowers will be perfect for this. I too abandoned my leaves and holly berries, and flowers on wire but, came back to them when I got the presses. There is a vintage shop here by my house and I went in and found an all glass flower necklace, I think probably from the early 50s and just loved it. That's when I started with the flowers on wire. Yours have a very wonderful look.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-11-14, 8:22am

Indiana wants me I'll see you in April. I'm looking forward to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaracollins View Post
Hmm. I ordered my third raggeria from Spiral Arts. I better save my pennies for January when they are ordering again. Cynthia, you have made me want the bellflower tools. See you in April in Indiana!!

Old 2009-11-14, 10:09am
Forever P~P~P :0)

I too would love the flower press tut as well. thanks for sharing!! sansan@wavecable.com Sandy :0)

Sandy
No hurry ~ no worries ~ unless its hot & drippy..!

Hot Head & big BBQ tank of propane!

awesome banner by Knatty Dreadz!! WE MISS YOU!
Old 2009-11-14, 11:47am

OK, I must have missed something because I can't find where we can buy the presses. HELP, please.

Thanks Cyntyia for the tut. I can wait to get my hands on the press and start making flowers!!

Last edited by The Mad Beader; 2009-11-14 at 5:28pm.
Old 2009-11-14, 1:37pm
Knob Creek Glass

Yes, Cynthia Tilker, we do want you. I will check with you sometime next week. We are excited and talked about you this morning at our Indiana, www.islaga.org, meeting.
Old 2009-11-16, 1:02am

I would love to see the tutorial! So beautiful!

Old 2009-11-16, 1:03am

oops... portiasold@hotmail.com

Old 2009-11-16, 8:58am

I hope it was all good My ears weren't ringing so that's a good sign. I am really looking forward to this. I am not a traveler so this is something BIG for me. Would you believe I have only been in three other states in my lifetime, and they were pretty close My parents never traveled either.

Quote:
Yes, Cynthia Tilker, we do want you. I will check with you sometime next week. We are excited and talked about you this morning at our Indiana, www.islaga.org, meeting.

Old 2009-11-16, 9:32am

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassactcc View Post
I hope it was all good My ears weren't ringing so that's a good sign. I am really looking forward to this. I am not a traveler so this is something BIG for me. Would you believe I have only been in three other states in my lifetime, and they were pretty close My parents never traveled either.
OMG! Cynthia, once you get that 'travel bug' in you, it's PERMANENT! My son got it, as he's on his second trip to Australia to teach latin dance, and he is extending this current trip.

It's awesome to travel, so you better get used to it because one of these trips I'd LOVE for you to join us in Murano!!! We can spend hours fondling Roberto's.....tools.....

Old 2009-11-16, 10:24am

hook me up with that tut also, thank you so much for making this!
Old 2009-11-16, 11:18pm

Ofilia, your KILLIN' me. I can't think of anything I would enjoy more than Dona tool fondling. You know, Roberto should charge a per minute rate for that

Billy, I need your email addy and I'll send it asap

Old 2009-11-17, 9:14am

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassactcc View Post
Ofilia, your KILLIN' me. I can't think of anything I would enjoy more than Dona tool fondling. You know, Roberto should charge a per minute rate for that
.....no charge for 'fondling' nor for tissues needed for drooling......

Old 2010-02-15, 12:15pm

Your bell flowers are beautiful !!!!!
If you still have the tut I am in desperate need of it.
Thank, Linna
Linna4257@yahoo.com
Old 2010-02-16, 6:56am
Smooches!

Quote:

Hell - I've been talking about her for the past coupla years - written her # on bathroom stall walls - still I got nothin.....

You Indianpolis gals let me know if you get her there. Then I'll come kidnap her!

cocktail napkins available at:

Now running my Cheetah on 2 Regalia's - pure heaven!

Old 2010-02-16, 9:07am

Thank God for bathrooms stalls, they've been working for me for years. Thanks Miss Kate Are you REALLY coming??? Please come and see me. I just have to get over my travel jitters. I'm such a baby. Once I'm on the plane, I'll be fine. I need advise though. Ofilia, are you here? Should I send my tools ahead? Or should I take them and get arrested at the airport? What do you teachers do when traveling to other states. I'm a virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Kate View Post
Hell - I've been talking about her for the past coupla years - written her # on bathroom stall walls - still I got nothin.....

You Indianpolis gals let me know if you get her there. Then I'll come kidnap her!

Old 2010-02-16, 9:39am
Who me?

Cynthia, pm'd you - thanks.
Old 2010-02-16, 9:56am

It's on its way Linda

Old 2010-02-16, 10:09am

Expecting my press any day...and your beads were the reason I ordered a press! I would appreciate receiving the tut...pming you my email.

Thanks, Kathie

P.S. Cynthia, what size presses are your flowers, I didn't know they came in 4 sizes, so I hope I ordered a good size...14mm, 5 petal.

www.goodomendesigns.com
www.flickr.com/godesigns/

Kathie

Old 2010-02-16, 10:16am
Who me?

Good questions, Kathie - I thought there were only two sizes. did you order from Spiral Arts?

Great tutorial, Cynthia.
Old 2010-02-16, 10:36am

Swamper...yes, I did order from Spiral Arts and there are four sizes..if my memory serves me correctly a 20mm, can't remember how many petals, 14mm-5 petals, 14mm-6 petals and 12mm-5 petals...I hope I have that right, but I thinks it's pretty close.

Kathie

Kathie

Old 2010-02-16, 11:14am
Who me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk5336 View Post
Swamper...yes, I did order from Spiral Arts and there are four sizes..if my memory serves me correctly a 20mm, can't remember how many petals, 14mm-5 petals, 14mm-6 petals and 12mm-5 petals...I hope I have that right, but I thinks it's pretty close.

Kathie
Thanks.
Old 2010-02-16, 11:18am

I don't even know what sizes I have. I'll have to go and measure. Oh GOD, there are four sizes. I NEED the other two too.

Old 2010-02-16, 4:53pm
Fancies

Yippee! My bell flower press came today Cynthia, I emailed you about your tutorial - I am so excited to try the press I got the 12 mm, 5 petal size. And yup, I'm part of that Indiana group that talked Cynthia into coming out - we promise to take good care of her - and we still have a seat left if anyone wants to venture this way.

Old 2010-02-16, 5:16pm

Oh Yippie is right. You guys are going to LOVE your presses. It's my most favorite tool that I ever purchased. I posted a copy of this in the Dona thread too. I don't know why I didn't think of this before. I have had so many requests, my fingers needed a rest. Go and check it out there. I also posted additional information that will be helpful when using your presses.

Have FUN!

Old 2010-02-16, 5:17pm

Ooooo, a full house. Comon' somebody, fill that seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran Carrico View Post
Yippee! My bell flower press came today Cynthia, I emailed you about your tutorial - I am so excited to try the press I got the 12 mm, 5 petal size. And yup, I'm part of that Indiana group that talked Cynthia into coming out - we promise to take good care of her - and we still have a seat left if anyone wants to venture this way.

Old 2010-03-03, 8:00pm
Flaming Glass Studios

Default Presses

Cynthia,

Where do we find the thread?

Patti Hensley
Old 2010-03-04, 9:23am

Patti, it's this one...http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...ght=carlo+dona

Send me your email addy, and I'll send you a copy of the tut so you can print it easier.

Old 2010-03-09, 12:10pm

Smile

Hi guys! So sorry... been MIA in this hood...

These are the sizes of the bellflower (mughet) presses:

>This is the sizes :
>8 rib 20 mm diam. X 18mm depth
>5 rib 14 mm diam. X 10mm depth
>6 rib 13 mm diam. X 10mm depth

In "rib", he is referring to the flower "petals"......

SA should be carrying all of them, if not ask them to!

Cynthia, as long as you are taking a check in bag, you can bring your tools in them. You will not be able to do so in carry on, though! Not worth the risk that they make you surrender them! Granted, a bell flower press cannot look so 'threatening', but, it's still steel, and the mood of TSA can vary from minute to minute and agent to agent. When I bring back stuff from Italy, it all has to go checked in and I do a lot of this..... I do have a special pair of shears and a couple other tools that never leave my bench. I'll have duplicates to take with when traveling.

Old 2010-03-09, 12:23pm

Thank you Ofilia. That is what I was thinking. It sounds like the best way to me.