Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2006-05-09, 9:22am
still making rainbows

Default Effetre/Moretti Pink Lt-"Bubble Gum"...anyone tried this yet?

I just ordered some Effetre/Moretti Pink Lt-"Bubble Gum" from Galaxy glass on eBay. Has anyone tried this yet? Is it super pink? I can't wait to get it

http://cgi.ebay.com/Effetre-Moretti-...QQcmdZViewItem

PS

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I am kind of a newbie here.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Janet

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2006-05-09, 9:33am

I haven't tried it but thanks for posting this. I just bought some!

Old 2006-05-09, 10:27am
still making rainbows

No problem! It looks fabulous!

- Janet

Old 2006-05-09, 10:31am
sunscreen me baby

Sure, tease me! I want some!!

~

Old 2006-05-09, 10:35am
still making rainbows

Check out Galaxy glass on the bay again tomorrow morning...Deonne will probably post some more cause I bought mine yesterday and it sold out right away too and then there was more this morning.....

- Janet

Old 2006-05-09, 10:37am

that pink is gone
Old 2006-05-09, 1:09pm
Superkitty

I think this is the same stuff.

http://cgi.ebay.com/LBSUPPLYS-LAMPWO...QQcmdZViewItem

Deb
Old 2006-05-09, 1:11pm

Well, they are making progress. Perhaps in another 10 years, they will finally come up with a true hot pink (and yes, I have closer to hot pink in other COE's) - still not quite good enough, though.

Debbie
Old 2006-05-09, 1:20pm
Your Royal Fritness

Mike from Frantz Art made a post on this some where. They have it too. I ordered 3 lbs of it. It is $15 a pound.

TTFN, Dawn

Old 2006-05-09, 1:49pm

I ordered some and it should be here soon....If it's darker than 256 Dark Pink I will be happy!

Old 2006-05-09, 2:01pm
BrakerBeads

HA! I ordered only 1 lb.....I learned my lesson from the "dead fish gut pink" pinks that were awful (probably my user error, but darn they were ugly)

Nancy B in IL

Because Beads are Necessary for Life Force!

Old 2006-05-09, 2:15pm

Ooooooooooohhhhhhh Kimberly, those are delicious!!! Someday......

Old 2006-05-09, 2:58pm
sunscreen me baby

Awesome beads Kimberly! Your seahorses knock my socks off when I examine the detail. Thanks for showing us the difference in pinks.

~

Old 2006-05-09, 3:00pm
still making rainbows

That's awesome Kim! Thanks so much. All three sea horses are scrumptious
of course You're right, the new pink is not quite the same shade as the streaky, but it looks yummy non the less....at least it doesn't look white..hee hee.

Nancy, I too have a large pile of "dead fish gut pink" that I can not figure out how to use properly to bring the nice color out....lol. It just all turns out grey Oh well, live and learn I guess.

Thanks for the input everyone! When mine arrives I will make some beads and post them here too.

- Janet

Old 2006-05-09, 5:10pm

yummy Kim, great horsey and pink!

Become a fan on Facebook:
Old 2006-05-09, 6:57pm
BrakerBeads

I have to say...whenever I see one of her seahorses, it always feels like a punch to the stomach....just one of those 'GASP' kind of things.....they are just always so startlingly beautiful. I enjoy the feeling of wonderment, and it doesn't happen to me a lot. ~Nancy

Because Beads are Necessary for Life Force!

Old 2006-05-11, 5:09pm
still making rainbows

My pink glass arrived today. And although it's lovely color, it is still quite pale and doesn't look much darker than opaque dark rose pink. Just thought you all might be interested.

- Janet

Old 2006-05-11, 5:45pm
HourGlass Studio

I was told all pink glass does strike a wee bit - TRUE or FALSE ??? (Moretti / Vetro)

Last edited by Laurie L; 2006-05-11 at 5:52pm.
Old 2006-05-11, 5:48pm

I hate to say this but if you want pink with punch you need Bullseye!
Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2006-05-11, 6:33pm

True, at least in my experience. Lauscha and Kugler as well. Bullseye, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurie L
I was told all pink glass does strike a wee bit - TRUE or FALSE ??? (Moretti / Vetro)

Old 2006-05-11, 9:00pm
still making rainbows

Yeah, I am thinking for sure that it is time to start collecting some bullseye glass. My streaky pink stash is dwindling....lol. The one thing I have heard is that bullseye glass is much more stiff than effetre. Is this true?

As for the striking, I made a few spacers out of the new pink glass thinking that it might be brighter once it was worked a bit (like the streaky pink is) and it really wasn't. Maybe it will be when I make some larger beads out of it, or maybe I am just bad at striking....hee hee.

- Janet

Last edited by stargirl; 2006-05-11 at 9:05pm.
Old 2006-05-11, 9:21pm
HourGlass Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandice
True, at least in my experience. Lauscha and Kugler as well. Bullseye, too.
Good to know - Thanks Kandice. I wasnt sure about the Bullseye, Kuglar and Lauscha.
Old 2006-05-11, 10:22pm
Broken

I tried it tonight and it didn't strile all that much darker than the regular stuff for me

Old 2006-05-12, 12:52am
Maria B @ Indone6ix

Kimberly, the one with green and streaky pink is so darn yummie..

Old 2006-05-12, 4:45am
Your Royal Fritness

[quote=stargirl]Yeah, I am thinking for sure that it is time to start collecting some bullseye glass. My streaky pink stash is dwindling....lol. The one thing I have heard is that bullseye glass is much more stiff than effetre. Is this true?
QUOTE]

Yep, it is pretty stiff. I do like it though. I have built up a nice stash of BE but have yet to dive in with it. So much glass and too little time

My Pink arrived yesterday I can wait to crank up the torch today!

Have a great weekend!

Dawn

Old 2006-05-12, 6:50am
yukue fumei

I just got my batch and it looks like regular dark pink....not the dark dark pink of old, but the light dark pink, though it is darker than the current dark pink.....

haven't made a bead with it yet...just added it to my massive almost pink-pink stash...LOL! I'm still hopeful that it will strike a bit in the flame....this weekend may be an all pink weekend!
Old 2006-05-12, 7:06am
Where Am I?

Why do my pinks come out black?

Some days you're the dog.
Other days you're the hydrant

phyliss
Old 2006-05-12, 10:28am
yukue fumei

you are reducing them....cut back on your propane or turn your O2 up and the pinks will come through.

Last edited by nagibeads; 2006-05-12 at 10:28am. Reason: spelling
Old 2006-05-12, 11:17am
caffiene, beads, bedhead,

i dont find anything fun about the bubblegum pink so far, its just naked baby butt pink, sigh.. I also tried a vetrefond pink, thats a puece lavender instead, tried striking it and got kind of a edp going on with it, but alas, i do best mixing my own damn pink!
I do love the kugler, but its still not quite hot pink,,,
If i can mix a pretty real pink? couldnt moretti do it also? I dont get it..
oh well its a great work out for my arms.

~~
~~
Old 2006-05-12, 2:16pm
moth to the flame

You sure make pretties out of the pinks anyway, Laurie

May you always have love to share, health to spare, and friends that care.