Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2012-05-09, 6:13am

Lisa, your beads are beautiful! I hope to try some this weekend and hope that they turn out half as nice as yours!!!
Old 2012-05-09, 2:15pm
Live and Let Live

Thanks Di, Shirley and Jacqueline. And yes, I am enjoying the process very much! Thanks for a great tutorial! I'm loving experimenting with different combinations for floral canes and have been writing my recipes in a notebook with little cane swatches taped to the page.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by GlassGalore; 2012-05-09 at 2:36pm.
Old 2012-05-09, 2:19pm
Happy Inner Dragon

I tried a watercolour bead yesterday... I think someone added petrol to the paint
More like fried! I got the base combo all wrong, I think.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

rusticalsfreestyle on Instagram

SRA# P107
Old 2012-05-09, 3:16pm
Jacqueline Parkes

I use a address return label, write down the recipe and wrap it around the end of the cane.

Essie, shoot me off an email as I do not understand what you mean. Maybe I can help.

Old 2012-05-09, 3:31pm
Happy Inner Dragon

It's ok, Jacqueline - it's me, not you
Worked too hot, too quick, and too dirty and the wrong glasses for the base. I wasted a lot of silver foil in the process as well - again my poor judgement. I'm never going to leave newbietown

SRA# P107
Old 2012-05-09, 3:45pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Newbie town lol

Well if it makes you feel any better. I have been hanging out in newbie town all week. I have totally lost my mojo. I had too long of a break from torching, ack.

Also, if you are using silver foil with water colored florals, it sounds very messy and very wrong, if I understand correctly. What the heck is water colored florals? You guys have named my beads without giving me a headsup LOL. I am not sure which ones you are referring to. I would post my newbie beads but I still have not purchased a new memory card.

Old 2012-05-09, 3:58pm
Happy Inner Dragon

I'm talking about the melted in ones
And yes, very, very wrong

SRA# P107
Old 2012-05-09, 4:02pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Oh gosh, yes wrong. Try again

Old 2012-05-13, 9:36am

Heres mine, Im really happy with the dichoric pink ones !
The turquoise ones I used my own formula and the flowers came out too transparent.

Old 2012-05-13, 9:46am
Jacqueline Parkes

I love the pink set Teena, fantastic job! I think the turquoise just needs an adjustment in the hues of colors you chose and maybe a smaller black dot for the center. Your petal placement is perfect!

Old 2012-05-16, 6:54am
Queen Tut ;)

Just got this tutorial yesterday and gave it a read. As I expected, very fabulous

Hubby's not thrilled. Well, he doesn't know he's not thrilled yet, as he won't know how much I spend on supplies until tax time. Ha ha!

I'm so thrilled with the vine cane I made last night, I'm happy the gather got much larger than I planned and I got a bunch of it now. Like it'll actually last long.

Anywho, fab tut lady!

Old 2012-05-16, 7:45am
Jacqueline Parkes

Thank you Jenne Just tell him you had too much wine when you ordered it lol

Glad to hear you had success with creating the vine cane. It can get you through at least four focal beads. Isn't it fun when something just works?

Old 2012-05-16, 8:29am
Jacqueline Parkes

It took me a long time to write this tutorial as I actually began it last Fall. I kept putting off completion as I continued to learn new things that I wanted to include in the tutorial. I realized finally that that could continue forever ( that is why it is so huge!) anyways, now that it is completed I am still learning...........here is another application for the raised florals. Put them on top of your encased florals! Just make sure you are keeping that bead warm while you are doing it. I was so nervous for the first few beads. Not the best picture but you get the idea. I created them all in the same color as that is all I had at the time. You see the flowers inside the bead? Yupp, the same floral canes. How fun is that??!!

oops sorry for the huge pic

Old 2012-05-16, 8:33am

Oooooo my! How gorgeous Jacqueline. I must try this! Thanks for the note this am... PPP
Old 2012-05-16, 8:34am
Jacqueline Parkes

PPP