No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2016-02-28, 12:47pm

Default New to bead making

Hi there,

I'm just starting out, I've been wanting to do this for a long time and have finally saved up enough to start out, as well as cleared out space in the garage for a set up

My questions are what type of set up would you suggest, as far as what kind of torch, table, etc? Are there any kits out there or would you just buy each piece and part separately? I'd like to start out small for now since I'm just a beginner.

If there are websites or dealers that are better than others, I would appreciate any info, thank you all so much!
Old 2016-02-28, 11:33pm
Salt Box Beads

Lots of information here on LE, it will just take time for you to go through all of the posts on the subjects you are interested in learning about. Studio, Safety and the Tips would be the best to start studying.

Pull up a comfy chair, get some tunes on and a cup of coffee along with a note book or thumb drive to save everything you need and just spend lots of quality time doing research. Take lots of notes and take a class if you can and buy books and Dvd's. They help immensely.

Some of us oldies would have given our right arm to have at our fingertips what is out there now and here on LE for new lampworkers Enjoy and welcome to LE

Tags
beginner, kit, set up for lampworking