Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2010-11-04, 7:28am

Default Help w/pricing pendants/matching earrings

I'm confused with this and need some imput. Lets say I have made 3 lampwork beads that I've made and they are all the same size. I used 2 for a pair of earrings and 1 for a pendant. Only difference in findings is simple earwires/bale. How do I price them? I am not selling as a group but pricing separately. Do I charge twice as much for the earrings as I do the pendant?
Or, lets say the pendant bead is twice the size of the earrings beads. Do I charge the same for both because I have the same amount of glass in the pendant as I do for both of the earring beads?
It just always seems like the pendant cost more and I don't understand why. I've got a show coming up and want to get this right. What do you do???
Old 2010-11-04, 9:44am
OBA-Official Bead Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xristie View Post
I'm confused with this and need some imput. Lets say I have made 3 lampwork beads that I've made and they are all the same size. I used 2 for a pair of earrings and 1 for a pendant. Only difference in findings is simple earwires/bale. How do I price them? I am not selling as a group but pricing separately. Do I charge twice as much for the earrings as I do the pendant?
Or, lets say the pendant bead is twice the size of the earrings beads. Do I charge the same for both because I have the same amount of glass in the pendant as I do for both of the earring beads?
It just always seems like the pendant cost more and I don't understand why. I've got a show coming up and want to get this right. What do you do???
I can so relate! I usually sell my earrings for 20 dollars per pair and if I have the same bead in a pendant I sell them for 15 each, usually because of the bail, I generally have a fancier bail with a fancy bead cap at the top. They seem to sell well that way.

Janet

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-11-04, 9:56am

So you sell the pendant for $5 less than the earrings. That's what I was thinking and then if the pendant is larger than the earring beads would you charge $20 for the earrings and then $20 fo he pendant or up the pendant to $25?
Old 2010-11-04, 3:39pm
offically down under

I sell earrings for $35 and pendants for $40 + as I make the pendant larger. Most of my earrings are 12mm which are too small for a decent pendant. Plus, earrings take no time to make and are made with smaller components. My pendants have substantially more silver and come with a complementary cord. I would suggest, if you are making the same size beads, then come up with a packaged deal price. Earrings are X, pendant is Y but together they are XY.

But, I totally agree that it doesn't make sense. We had a girl at our market that made a necklace with several of her nice lampwork beads. She strung it together with tiger wire and crappy seed beads and it looked cheap. She put a price tag of $135. But... her earrings, using the same beads, she had a price tag of $15. Right away that is telling me that she's priced her beads at $7.50 so the necklace was way over priced.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-11-04, 4:12pm

Thumbs up

Tammy/Janet,
I appreciate your replies. It's been most helpful!! I've got a lot of shows coming up and wanted to fix my pricing and get it right for once so I thank you!
Old 2010-11-04, 4:32pm
a pox upon an idiot :..

You could add a simple chain with the pendant and increase your profit. Simple earrings 15.00 a pair, pendant same as earrings with chain 16.00. Increase your prices with the difficulty and sizes of the beads and findings.