Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2011-03-16, 4:26pm

Oh me too - VERY HAPPY
Old 2011-03-16, 8:44pm

Yay!!! You can take a deep breath now!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kathie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2011-03-17, 7:14am
Irish Eyes A Smiling

AWESOME!!!

Old 2011-03-18, 6:40am

Astrid,

I am so glad that everything went well with obtaining your visa! Will there be a site seeing day scheduled for this trip? Are the dates definite yet, so that we can start getting airline tickets?

Thanks,
Jeannie

Be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars. In the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul. (Max Ehrmann)
Old 2011-03-18, 6:57am

I just checked Astrid's blog and it says her flight is booked and she will arrive in the US on 4/1. Is the class scheduled for 4/2 and 4/3? Did anyone get an email regarding the dates? Thanks!

Jennifer
Old 2011-03-18, 6:58am

No I haven't heard anything. Maybe we're all just talking to ourselves

B
Old 2011-03-18, 7:12am

LOL!!
Old 2011-03-18, 7:36am

I'm here too,

I just e-mailed Portia to ask when the class is going to be.

Jeannie

Be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars. In the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul. (Max Ehrmann)
Old 2011-03-18, 10:41am
To bead Yeah! ;)

I thought I heard some chatting going on here LOL, have all of you received an email Portia sent out today?

_
NEW "Marble Twist" tut!
HOLLOW BEAD, 3D SQUARES for hollow beads, Rose Murrini and Multi Murrini tut, JETZT alle in DEUTSCH erhältlich!
Old 2011-03-18, 11:28am

Hi Astrid,

Yes, I received Portia's e-mail. Time for us to all start getting excited again! I do have a question about the supplies that you are bringing with you. It was mentioned that you would not be bringing the graphite tools, but are you still bringing the fuming kits that you mentioned?

Nohline and I have already figured out which class we want to do(16-17th) and purchased our airline tickets. Portia has confirmed that our site seeing day will be on Fun Friday the 15th.

I can hardly wait!

Jeannie

Old 2011-03-18, 11:44am

Hi Astrid! I got the email and will also be attending the 16th and17th. I have already confirmed with Portia! I am so excited! See you soon!

Jennifer

Ps: I would still like the fuming kit if you are bringing them. Too bad you can't bring the graphite rollers!
Old 2011-03-18, 12:08pm

I can't come

But I wish you all a wonderful time!!

Astrid, our paths are obviously meant to cross some other time.

My best

Bette
Old 2011-03-18, 6:31pm

I know how you feel, Bette. I'm trying but it's not looking to good for me either.

Minor

Last edited by beybey; 2011-03-18 at 6:40pm.
Old 2011-03-18, 10:28pm
To bead Yeah! ;)

You are right I will not be bringing the graphite molds anymore, it just complicates matters at customs for me.
I have sent (per EMS shipping) a lot of the otherthings I want to bring including the fuming kits as we really need those.

Bette and Candace, is there a date April when you could be there ?

_
NEW "Marble Twist" tut!
HOLLOW BEAD, 3D SQUARES for hollow beads, Rose Murrini and Multi Murrini tut, JETZT alle in DEUTSCH erhältlich!
Old 2011-03-20, 6:00am
I'm not Barbie.

Wow, Astrid, I am so sorry this has happened to you. What a mess. But I am happy that you now have the visa and things will go much smoother on your next trip.
Old 2011-03-21, 9:13am
To bead Yeah! ;)

Thanks Donna, I hope all goes well

_
NEW "Marble Twist" tut!
Old 2011-03-22, 3:27pm

Jeanie,
I read in the silver exchange thread that you wanted to try Clarity. I have tons of it, so I could either mail you a couple rods to try or bring some to the class. If you want me to mail them just pm me your addy and consider it done. I am addicted to Clarity! Its soooooo awesome!
Jennifer
Old 2011-03-22, 4:31pm

Hi Jennifer,

How nice of you to make the offer!!! But I was actually going through some of my glass today(thinking about taking the "pickle" plunge) and I discovered a sample rod of Clarity that was sent with my last batch of Transcendental. I had stashed it away in my Aether bin, that very special place that I usually don't dare touch, and I forgot all about it.

Anyway, I used it this morning while I was torching. I didn't see any bad things happening at all while I was working it. In fact, I think I really liked it. I'm waiting to come to a final conclusion after I see the beads come out of the kiln, but so far, I like!

Thank you so much for the offer though! That was very sweet of you!
Jeannie

Old 2011-03-22, 8:58pm
Finding Sanity with Glass

Default astrid class

Yep, it is time to get excited again!!!! What an honor to be able to take a class with Astrid.... and... what a great place Portia has to take the class!

I am planning on taking the April 6/7 session and then sticking around to take the Hayley class on April 9/10. Not sure what I will do on the 8th... but I am sure I will find something to do!

I'm open to finding a roomie to cut down on costs... I am pretty quiet and non-smoking. Please PM me if interested.

Smiles!!
Wendy

" border="0" />

Old 2011-03-24, 8:24pm

No problem Jeannie! How did your beads turn out that you made using Clarity?
Old 2011-03-25, 10:01am

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennilee View Post
No problem Jeannie! How did your beads turn out that you made using Clarity?
Well, the bead, not so great. But the Clarity was lovely!! Only had myself to blame for my fugly bead. Now I have to decide if I really want to purchase five pounds for the good price.

Jeannie

Old 2011-03-25, 10:39am

Where's the good price? What's the good price? I haven't had much time to catch up on what's going on around here! FYI....if you buy directly from TAG you can get a great price on their ODDS of any color or the Clarity. I recently bought some Clarity odds and they sure don't look like odds to me! The rods are beautiful!

Jennifer
Old 2011-03-29, 2:40pm

Just signed up for Astrid's class. So excited! Hope it's not too advanced for me.
I need to order a graphite marble mold. Did everyone else buy a 20 mm one?
Can anyone tell me who is a reliable seller?
Thanks and can't wait to meet everyone.

My Ebay
Old 2011-03-29, 8:04pm
Irish Eyes A Smiling

I've got a couple of marble graphites from different sources....and I use them both! My original was from Arrow Springs and the newest is one I bought from Loren Stump after taking his class and playing with the marble mold a bit....

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasslass2 View Post
Just signed up for Astrid's class. So excited! Hope it's not too advanced for me.
I need to order a graphite marble mold. Did everyone else buy a 20 mm one?
Can anyone tell me who is a reliable seller?
Thanks and can't wait to meet everyone.

Old 2011-03-30, 8:41am

Hi Everyone,
I've sent out emails to everyone (except Kat, yours is coming) and we are getting close! Class on 6-7th will have a meet the teacher on the 5th in the evening, 16th and 17th will have a sight seeing day on the 15th ! All this will be so much fun! After everything and all but 4 were able to reschedule, Kat has joined us and so we are now full on the 6-7th class and have 3 open spaces in the 16th-17th class.
Feel terrible about the 4 casualties of the date change! We will miss you!
Surprise package for those of you who were in the original classes! See everyone soon!

Old 2011-03-30, 10:09am

Welcome to the pack Kat. Sorry about the 4 who can't make it Just a pity that those of us on the second class are not going to meet those of you in the first. Oh well - we will have to start an Astrid Show and Tell thread ! Starting to get the juices flowing again!
Nohline
Old 2011-03-31, 3:54pm

Astrid should be on her way. Have a wonderful time everyone. I am so sorry that I could not make it this time. This will definitely be one of those "what if" moments. Have fun and tell Astrid I said hello.

Minor
Old 2011-03-31, 3:58pm
grama punky - class junky

Hi all....I too can not make it this time. I will be thinking of you all with envy! Have a fabulous time. And Wendy...you lucky duck! both classess.....am drooling. Portias studio is fabulous and she is a wonderful hostess.. enjoy everyone!! d

Old 2011-03-31, 7:00pm

Thanks Lynn for the marble mold info and everyone else for the warm welcome.
This will be my first formal class, so you guys are gonna have to promise not to laugh at my fuglies. Can't wait.

My Ebay
Old 2011-04-06, 2:16pm
Irish Eyes A Smiling

So....let's hear all about Astrid's class #1 at Portia's!! I think it was yesterday and today...