Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2006-09-08, 11:55am

Default shards

who sells shards? i've seen lots of lovely beads, especially with Raku shards. i know Val Cox has them but her store is closed temporarily
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
so i am looking for other sources. Any ideas??? Thanks!

Melanie
Old 2006-09-08, 12:03pm
novembersfyre everywhere

OCR has them!

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2006-09-08, 12:06pm
"Sinners have soul too"

I sell shards. Mine come packed in the aluminum glass topped tins 2oz each and the prices range $5 - $8 depending on the color or all 12 colors for $60, at that price it's like getting the gold ruby, which is the only $8, for free. : )

Old 2006-09-10, 4:25am
Knob Creek Glass

Glass diversions has 12 colors of shards.
Old 2006-09-10, 6:30am

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen-mom
I sell shards. Mine come packed in the aluminum glass topped tins 2oz each and the prices range $5 - $8 depending on the color or all 12 colors for $60, at that price it's like getting the gold ruby, which is the only $8, for free. : )
Donna, I can't find the shards on your web site. Actually, I can't find anything for sale, just a reference to new frit colors in your newsletter. Is there a link to a store missing?
Old 2006-09-10, 2:28pm
It's all about the color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judi_B
Donna, I can't find the shards on your web site. Actually, I can't find anything for sale, just a reference to new frit colors in your newsletter. Is there a link to a store missing?
Ditto also what she said.

-Kay

(If the link doesn't work, edit the s out of your browser. It should be "http" not "https" Sometimes LE put in an S just for the heck of it.)

Old 2006-09-10, 3:21pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Oh, I'm sorry! Haven't checked the thread lately.
I'm working on the on-line store... My banner ad, from a previous on-line store, is out dated... I'm sorry : (
I'll up-load photos tonight with the prices and a link. If you decide to order, send me an e-mail with colors and your zip code, I'll send you a paypal invoice.

Old 2006-09-10, 3:40pm

Location: Im in Lawrenceburg TN .. about 1 1/2 south of Nashville

Ohh good .. I thought I was the only one missing it . Do you also have glass for sale ? Or do you only sale this in your shop?

"If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."*John Irving*

Old 2006-09-10, 3:48pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Oh no, I feel so bad! I sell through e-mails and PM's, one of my best customers just sends me an e-mail with the colors and amounts she wants, I pull her order and let her know what her total is. It works out great. I carry the full line of Moretti/Effetre colors, Vetrofond odd lots, frits, cz's, fine silver wire, foil, leaf, mandrels, about 1/2 the colors of TE enamels.

Edited to add: I also have tools, the Nortel Minor Torch and all the little things like pixie dust, etc...

Last edited by zen-mom; 2006-09-10 at 3:50pm.
Old 2006-09-10, 6:03pm
Detail G-Mama!

If I ever get to teach in TN, I teach how to raku shards?

Old 2006-09-10, 7:14pm

Hey Melanie ! Just now noticed your in TN . Where abouts ?
And Ms Ann ... woohooo that sounds great !

"If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."*John Irving*

Old 2006-09-11, 10:45am

Default Thanks

hi there all, thanks for all the replies. Anne, i would LOVE to take a class with you, i always admire your beads here!

I am in Cumberland City, TN... which is about 20 minutes from Clarksville- it's northern middle TN. i am about an hour from Nashville.... anyone close???

Melanie
Old 2006-09-11, 12:32pm

Melanie .. im in Nashville every other weekend . Maybe we can get together sometime

Old 2006-09-14, 3:37am

Default Might be a silly question................

Are shards compatible with morretti glass?

Old 2006-09-14, 7:50am
Detail G-Mama!

The shards I make are made from moretti. Maybe Donna will come back and say what her shards are. I'm not sure what the coe on the ones she sells are.

Old 2006-09-14, 8:01am
Crazy Snake Lady

Got mine today - Thanks Donna!!! I can't wait to play.
Old 2006-09-14, 12:22pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkys
Melanie .. im in Nashville every other weekend . Maybe we can get together sometime
that would be fabulous... love making new glass buddies!
Old 2006-09-19, 10:56am

Just got Raku Shards from Donna at The Mandrel! Thanks! they look fabulous, can't wait to get home and melt them onto beads... any suggestions for good base colors??? thanks all!

Melanie
Old 2006-09-19, 10:59am
Detail G-Mama!

Root beer brown, straw, grass green, amethyst, just about anything!
Just have fun!!

Old 2006-09-19, 11:18am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne Ricketts
Root beer brown, straw, grass green, amethyst, just about anything!
Just have fun!!
Thanks for the suggestions... i am going to try ALL of those...
Old 2006-09-19, 11:22am
"Sinners have soul too"

My favs to make raku *pop* are the odd lot Vetrofond Browns, any of those or Effetre handmade light brown transparent.

Thanks Melanie!

Old 2006-09-20, 7:33am

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen-mom
My favs to make raku *pop* are the odd lot Vetrofond Browns, any of those or Effetre handmade light brown transparent.

Thanks Melanie!
great! thanks so much! and thanks for the little goody bag of free frit - that was a super nice suprise! the shards are really lovely.

melanie
Old 2006-10-20, 7:40pm
"Sinners have soul too"

In case any one is still interested, I now have "pure" Raku shards.
Nothing added just Raku : )

2oz. for $5

Cheers!

Old 2006-10-21, 4:41pm
Crazy Snake Lady

I can vouch for the raku shards - they're awesome!
Old 2006-10-22, 7:11pm

Also LBSUPPLYS.com has Shards!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie
who sells shards? i've seen lots of lovely beads, especially with Raku shards. i know Val Cox has them but her store is closed temporarily
so i am looking for other sources. Any ideas??? Thanks!

Melanie

Thank You to ALL of my friends
who have journeyed
With me thru my elbow injury
and recovery!

:
Old 2006-10-22, 7:34pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Shard Link

Last edited by zen-mom; 2006-10-23 at 10:15pm.