Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2010-08-06, 1:33pm
I'm meeeeelting

Just confirmed with my dog sitter last night. It's getting close!!!

Foot Pedal Tutorial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-08-07, 5:56am

I'm sitting here with my waiver in hand. Can't wait 25 more days. Want to start now.
Joan
Old 2010-08-07, 6:30am
Master Procrastinator

Just sitting here pretending to myself that I'm still going. Will be with you all in spirit! Have a blast as I'm sure you will!

Old 2010-08-07, 6:45am
Wooohooo,GS!

Aw, Lea, we are sure going to miss you! We are going to carry your shirt around for the event so we can send it to you with all the great vibes! It won't be the same without you, wahhhhh! We are all wishing you the best, a speedy recovery and please keep us updated!

Felicia, Bella always knew when I was going somewhere, she and Honey would always get the longggggg face!

Joan, I know, I am super excited too! I wish it was sooner but glad it isn't as I need a couple more weeks to get teacher boxes, etc, ready to go. Our sponsors really came through this year, we are really blessed to have so many of them supporting Glass Stock!

Hugs and more hugs, deb

Old 2010-08-07, 8:56am
I like to melt things

Lea, I'm so sad that I won't get to meet you! We'll be thinking about you... I hope that your surgery goes really well and that you're feeling much better soon.

I am so excited! The next three weeks cannot pass quickly enough.

-
-
Old 2010-08-07, 9:37am
I'm meeeeelting

Deb, Velvet is the biggest attention hog ever and isn't too particular about who gives it to her. Instead of laying all 50 lbs. of herself on me, she'll lounge all over the sitter quite contentedly. She's a pretty go with the flow girl as long as she's in her own home.

Lea, my roomie, I'm still sad.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2010-08-07, 12:33pm
Master Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyuno View Post
Lea, my roomie, I'm still sad.
Me too! Don't have too much fun without me....as if! You know I'm JK, right?

You all better take TONS of pictures so I can live vicariously thru your experience! & tons of hugs to all!!

Old 2010-08-08, 6:59pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Felicia, AWWWWW, Velvet could be my lap doggy anytime! Bella and Honey were over 100 lbs and they still fit

Lea, sweetie, we will keep you posted! You better rest up and be back next year raring to go! We love ya girl!

Hugs, deb

Old 2010-08-09, 5:32am

Sometimes I miss having a big doggie. With the 4pound pup, it's easy to run out of dog before you run out of pet. Give Velvet some extra pets from me. See you at GS.
Lea, you will be missed.
Joan
Old 2010-08-09, 9:48am

Deb quick question about footware. Can the fronts of my shoes be solid and the backs a strap. I'm not wearing strappy pumps. I have a pair of leather shoes with a strap in the back. They are comfy and wanted to confirm this was ok.
thanks bunches
Old 2010-08-09, 12:48pm
I'm meeeeelting

Joan, she'll take those pets! I'm looking forward to seeing you again. We should try to do lunch again.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2010-08-09, 4:21pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Hi Lendy, thanks for asking! In the hot shop CLOSED TOED SHOES ONLY! That means your shoes are great!

For torch classes it is your risk but I wear Birks constantly

Hugs, deb

Old 2010-08-10, 5:47am

Lunch with Felicia. It's a deal.
Joan
Old 2010-08-10, 9:17am

Thanks Deb... I live in my Berks... I just wanted to make sure I didn't get excluded on a technicality.
Old 2010-08-11, 6:57am
Wooohooo,GS!

No problem Lendy! Always best to check these things out! CUTE avatar fishy BTW!

Joan, aw, some 4 lb doggies think they are huge...it is so cute (plus their hearts really are!). I sure miss my dogs!

Off to soak in the spa and then fire up, have a great day everyone!
deb

Old 2010-08-11, 7:40am

And we've got a cat, Marco, that thinks he's a dog~ all 13 lbs. We have a harness for him and walk him around the local lake where he greets all the other real dogs

Old 2010-08-11, 10:18am

Thanks Deb, Looking forward to you sculpting fish class at GS.
Old 2010-08-12, 6:25am
Wooohooo,GS!

Les, that is too funny! I bet he thinks he is a dog, how cute!
My cats are trained to stay in the yard, they are pretty good about it but a leash is a great idea if you can train them young!

Lendy, you're wecome! We are going to have a blast athough it looks like you are doing really well on your own! It will be fun teaching you some new fishy tricks!

Hugs, deb

Old 2010-08-16, 12:21am

I sure hope it cools down before glass stock gets here. Everyone better bring some shorts and tank tops for sure. It won't be like at the coast where there is a breeze. I have never been in EGS do they have air or a nice breeze?

Old 2010-08-16, 7:21am
Wooohooo,GS!

Hi Lori! Yep, it will be a roasting good time,lol!

Even if EGS had air it wouldn't matter with venting for 45+ torches going at the same time, all the doors have to be open! We will have 8 CC's, 8 Hellcats, 24 mini-ccs and a Black Widow to try plus a few other torches, be ready for some serious meltage!

We also will be using the fantasticly versatile Arrow Springs bead/fusing kilns so no matter what the class is they will have an easy time loading them. They are also super easy to reprogram in seconds for all the different classes so teachers, breathe easy. They will be selling them for a really great price too, save your $$ for the kiln and torch deals there!

I am looking forward to some nice HOT weather for a change, been a foggy summer here! I am also looking forward to having it all in one building again, this is going to "rock the house" for sure.

Bring lots of layers JIC it might get cool at night during open torches. Also, don't forget your waiver, ID, mark ALL of your tools and bring some way to carry them with you!

Wooohoooo, see you all in a couple weeks!
Hugs, deb

Last edited by deb c; 2010-08-16 at 7:24am.
Old 2010-08-16, 2:49pm

I am thinking it will be really nice to have the pool we have at the house

Old 2010-08-17, 8:47am
Wooohooo,GS!

POOL???? Well, remember in school when you got busted for chewing gum and the teacher asked if you had enough for everyone? WELL.....be prepared for a possible house/pool crashing girl!
Hugs, deb

Old 2010-08-17, 1:52pm

Counting the days. 14 Can't wait.
Joan
Old 2010-08-17, 1:58pm

Hey, Deb ~ We'll have one at the Holiday Inn.... welcome to join us anytime.

oh, and I only have to wait 9 1/2 days until I get there

Old 2010-08-17, 6:57pm
Angel's Mom

2 weeks to go. Hurry up September!

Can't wait to see everyone and take those glassy skills up a couple of notches!
Old 2010-08-17, 9:28pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb c View Post
POOL???? Well, remember in school when you got busted for chewing gum and the teacher asked if you had enough for everyone? WELL.....be prepared for a possible house/pool crashing girl!
Hugs, deb
That would be fun HUH!!!!

Old 2010-08-18, 6:08am

13 days and counting.
Joan
Old 2010-08-18, 7:30am

Getting excited to meet everyone!! Just booked the rental car.

Worlds in miniature a passion for murrini - Jodie McDougall
Old 2010-08-18, 7:33am
Wooohooo,GS!

Oh man, I can't tell you how much I miss all of you!!!!! GS is definately my highlight of the year, it is why after 8 years I still spend all my free time every year planning it!

Les and Lori, hey, we might just have to have a pool scavenger hunt! I have a feeling we might all need it, especially since we have had 1 1/2 days of sun this summer, seriously, it has been under 70 and misty, cloudy all summer. I hope I don't mellllllllltttttt!

Joan, I know, counting the days too but with almost everything done now it isn't panic, just excitement, yay!

I am headed to the Flame Off on Thurs, so you all won't be able to get a hold of me until Monday the 30th, I am coming home for a birthday bash with family, back to Eugene on Tues). I have to leave early next Thurs, they are using the tents I bought for GS food tables and I am one of the honorary time keepers.

I am more than proud to say my son Pat is coming too, he is back blowing glass again and doing really well! It has been marvelous having him in the studio with me again! So you will all get to meet him at the Flame Off. I have a great friend staying at the "compound" to keep an eye on everything and the fur babies.

My cat is going in for surgery tomorrow so after Flame Off Pat will be home to help take care of her while I am at GS. Hopefully she will be back on her feet in a week so he will be able to take care of her and I can concentrate on GS (she will be boarded at the Vet during Flame Off). Poor kitty, sure wish I could have put it off a couple weeks and been here full time for her but can't stand to see her in pain, even with the meds!

Back to more positive things! If anyone has a room to split please PM me, I have someone who needs lodging!

Remember, I have a couple dozen free Flame Off passes but you need to find me at EGS Thurs afternoon or Friday morning! Once I start time keeping you may have to wait to get your passes! You can also find our Bernie the PMC gal, she can grab a pass from me for you, she is a time keeper also.

Les and Chuck, maybe you could join us Thurs for dinner at EGS, we usually just do pizza there while we are setting up for Flame Off.
I'll warn you though, Hugh might just put you to work too

BIG hugs everyone and see/meet you soon!
debster

Old 2010-08-19, 5:22am

12....and the excitement builds.
Joan