Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2011-05-14, 1:44pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Default Glass Stock West - attendees check in!!!

Who is going this year??

http://debcrowley.com/gpage4.html

I'm teaching - I hope to see some new faces, and of course, some
old faces (as in "old friends", not wrinkly ).

I'm so excited! It just gets better with each year.
We have such incredible classes lined up.

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-05-14, 1:46pm

I'm going! and I'm teaching these glass triangle boxes, my students here have been having so much fun with them!
Old 2011-05-14, 1:51pm
FreeAssociatesVeryFreely

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissmyglassjackie View Post
I'm going! and I'm teaching these glass triangle boxes, my students here have been having so much fun with them!
Take me with you......

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-05-14, 2:22pm
I'm meeeeelting

Me. I'm teaching. Eek!

Is it too early to unearth the old packing list? This was an LE collaborative effort a couple of years ago. Feel free to add to it.

1. Clothing
2. pajamas for pajama jam
3. bathing suit (for hotel pool/jacuzzi)
4. light jacket (it can get chilly)
5. Pills/vitamins
6. Makeup, shampoo, toiletry stuff
7. Closed toed shoes
8. spray bottle of lysol (used for spraying surfaces and fixtures in your hotel
room/condo. It sucks to catch a cold from the last guest. Learned this trick
from a world traveler friend of mine).
9. Basic first aid kit. Burn cream, band aids, something to help you sleep,
allergy meds, flu meds (in case), cough meds, headache meds, lavender oil.
10. Didy and/or boro glasses
11. Tools for classes (see list of classes for the tools you need)
LABEL ALL YOUR TOOLS with your name. Other items as well if you
might leave them on a table or something.
12. mask for classes using frit or enamels
13. Fanny pack or other small bag for your tools. This way it's easier to
carry them around with you. (No wheeled bags)
14. Trade beads (I bring about 60) along with little baggies and business cards to enclose (or a piece of paper with your name on it)
15. Vendor gifts (2 beads usually)
16. Gift item for auction
17. Money for auction (checkbook/cash)
18. notarized letter
19. directions to event
20. address book to get info from new friends
21. notebook and pens
22. cell phone AND charger
23. camera AND CHARGER and an extra memory card if necessary
24. refillable water bottle
25. Extra suitcase for purchases (no, I am NOT kidding about this one.
Usually, I throw a zipper duffel bag in, and my clothes go in there on the
return journey, leaving my suitcase free for purchases AND the stuff I make
during the event. You'll be surprised how much room this stuff takes up).
26. Glass rod storage travel container (these are AWESOME)
Here's some links to tubes that can work:
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=46477
https://store.opusframing.com/sagro/...&category=1800
http://www.artcoinc.com/storage_and_travel_tubes.php
http://www.fineartbyrocio.com/tools.html
27. Wrist rests, or creation station! Special marver if you need it. Anything to
make your work area more comfortable.
28. Hat using glass for Hat contest, great prize!
29. Hair ties and cotton clothes for hot shop. Kevlar sleeves would be handy, too.
30. Glow in the dark anythings for open torch nights!
31. Dark chocolate for Deb.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:

Last edited by artsyuno; 2011-05-14 at 2:34pm.
Old 2011-05-14, 3:00pm
Still makin' flowers...

I'll be there. This year, hopefully I'll be able to stay the full time.

--NEW and Updated Beading Tutorials for all levels
!
Old 2011-05-14, 3:29pm
Always with a smile!

I'll be there!

) and
)
Old 2011-05-14, 6:10pm
Type ZZZ personality

ME ME ME!!

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2011-05-14, 9:32pm
I like to melt things

I'm going again. Can't wait! See all of you there

-
-
Old 2011-05-15, 6:07am

ME ME ME I'm in see ya'll there!
Jodie

Worlds in miniature a passion for murrini - Jodie McDougall
Old 2011-05-15, 6:28am
Angel's Mom

I'm going! I'm teaching a Silk Scarf dyeing class. Plus I'm bringing silk ribbons to dye. Can't wait!!!
Old 2011-05-15, 8:21am
Wonder-wench

yah! I got my golden ticket. Total newbie here, so I'm really nervous about the demo, but OH SO EXCITED about spending the weekend with really cool and talented artists.

Old 2011-05-15, 8:34am
just another glass addict

Is it September yet?!!!!
I'm pretty sure I'm going early for the flame off! Anyone else?

"Confidence, like art, never comes from having all the answers; it comes from being open to all the questions."
-Earl Gray Stevens-

Old 2011-05-15, 11:04am
I like to melt things

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracticalMagicGlass View Post
yah! I got my golden ticket. Total newbie here, so I'm really nervous about the demo, but OH SO EXCITED about spending the weekend with really cool and talented artists.
Don't be nervous about the demo - it's totally informal and a little chaotic and everyone will just be having a good time. You will be just fine

-
-
Old 2011-05-15, 11:25am
I'm meeeeelting

What Melanie said. There will be several demos going on at once and people will be craning around trying to see multiple things at the same time - you're not likely to have a lot of people really hovering around you, focusing on you. It's all about getting comfortable working in front of other people so you'll participate in open torch, not about creating the masterpiece of a lifetime. Do something that you're comfortable with. You have the whole rest of the week to push yourself. Undoubtably, someone will be thrilled that you're doing something they've never seen or never done the same way. Plus, it's a very supportive bunch. No one will be judging you.

We thought about coming early for the flame-off, but a couple of days in Portland on the way down has won out.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
Old 2011-05-15, 12:01pm

I am going...hip hip hooray...the classes sound awesome...can't wait to see you all there
Old 2011-05-16, 9:16am

MEE TOO MEE TOO !!!! I'm coming too !!!
Can't wait to see you all again ! The Canadian girls are doing a road trip !!! YEAH !!!!
LOOK out Glass suppliers !
Old 2011-05-16, 3:20pm

I'm going! Catching a ride with bakedpeach and yes, 'look out glass suppliers' the Canadian Girls are going on a road trip!

Old 2011-05-16, 5:39pm
Type ZZZ personality

It's gonna be so great to see you guys!

I'm coming out early for the Flame Off, too.

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2011-05-17, 6:18pm

Me!!!! I am so excited to be going again This is the highlight of my year

Old 2011-05-22, 8:50pm
Wooohooo,GS!

meeeeeee, me toooooo

Old 2011-05-22, 9:37pm

Me too....can hardly wait. Got my room and my plane ticket already, is it September yet?? And - I'm teaching a resin jewelry/art class, will be loads of fun. But then, everything is. Looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones, too.

Melody

Old 2011-05-27, 12:54am

Me too, me too! Can't wait to see everyone, especially all the great teachers again. I want to take every class there is!
Old 2011-05-29, 12:13pm
Mandrel Slayer

Me too. I'm am so looking forward to it.

Bonny

Nothing right now

What happens in Rockland, stays in Rockland.....
Hellcat, Two M-15s, propane and finally no tanked oxy.
Old 2011-06-01, 8:58pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Lo, Brenda, you are toooo cute girl!

Me too Bonny, time is flyin'

Payments are this Sat at 9am PST, NO EARLIER, followed by the infamous "use that free long distance" weekend calling marathon this Sat starting at 10am PST!!!!

Be ready with your class choices, 1st, 2nd and third JIC. We will be making 2 calls and hopefully will be done or nearly done Sat.

Fees for classes that have kits from instructors will be billed separately directly from the teachers in 2 weeks or so. Do NOT send kit fees with your online payments please!

The June newsletter will go out tomorrow night, today was a super busy day for me and I didn't get it finished in time. It will have the payment information again for those who need it again for this weekend.

Wooohooo.......
deb

Old 2011-06-01, 9:01pm
Wooohooo,GS!

PracticalMagic, don't be worried about the demo, it is over fast and then you will have melted that ice and be ready to dive right in!
That is why the demo's are first thing.....plus you get to see really amazing art from everyone with 4 days to learn how we all do it!

we are looking forward to adding you to the ever-growing GS family!
Hugs, deb

Old 2011-06-04, 8:32pm

Classes picked now the wait! COME ON SEPTEMBER !!!!!!!

Michelle
Old 2011-06-05, 7:07am
Wooohooo,GS!

You got that right Michelle, you are too funny, you sure helped make yesterday FUN!

The sign up was super smooth, we managed to get all the calls done in 5 hours this year!

I got up early, made a yummy coffeecake and some Kona coffee and covered the kitchen table with rosters, phone # and payment order lists and of course, chocolate!

Thank you to everyone for being so nice, patient and super excited for September, all of us had a great time!!! Thanks to all of you, we laughed our butts off the whole time and long afterwards! In fact, I woke up still smiling but at least my stomach doesn't hurt anymore from laughing SO hard...thanks for the love, support and cheer from all of you!

After the blitz, we spent a few hours in the warm sunshine watching my koi soak up the rays too, had yummy filet mignons for dinner and a couple glasses of champagne while soaking in the hot tub! I slept like a baby!

Ahhhh...a fantastic ending to a great week!

Hugs, see you all in a few months!
deb

Old 2011-06-05, 7:28am
just another glass addict

Wow Deb, you sure know how to do things right! Coffeecake, kona coffee and chocolate!!

I'm glad I read this because it looks like I better get to Portland before those Canadian girls buy up all the glass! lol

I can't wait!!!!!

"Confidence, like art, never comes from having all the answers; it comes from being open to all the questions."
-Earl Gray Stevens-

Old 2011-06-05, 12:22pm
I like to melt things

ok, so I picked my classes, spent the day on the torch, made myself breakfast at 2am because I'd forgotten to eat all day and then slept like a rock. I don't understand why it's not September yet.

I don't think I can wait. I got all of the classes I signed up for and had such a great time last year that the next few months are going to pass so. slowly.

-
-
Old 2011-06-05, 2:12pm

Got all the classes I wanted too ! Hard decisions, so many great ones to chose from !

Polly you have till september, than I can't be held responsible for us Canadians, there going to be a bit of explaning at the border this year I think !

Hope to see you this summer Deb, hopefully we decide soon where we are going and make a stop in Oregon to see you again , maybe in August !

Penny