Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2012-02-26, 1:54pm

Thumbs up Beads of Courage comes to Chicago area, 3-10-12

Beads of Courage comes to Chicago area! Sat. March 10th BE THERE!!!!

Ed Hoy's International is hosting the first Chicago area Beads of Courage event to raise money and volunteers for making and stringing beads for children in the program.

Here is a link to the poster with details. Click on poster to enlarge the image:

http://www.beadsofcourage.org/images...er3%281%29.jpg

Here is an easy link to click and donate or signup: http://beadsofcourage.givezooks.com/...spired-chicago

Bring spare beads you can donate with you. Take advantage of a great opportunity and positive event.

Be there! See you then,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Ofilia; 2012-02-26 at 1:57pm.
Old 2012-02-28, 5:42am

Smile

Word is that BOC is in desperate need of the bigger one inch, 1 1/4 size beads. Anyone out there with spare beads, ship them off to BOC!

You Chicago area folk, come join in on the fun. Let's hope we can keep a tap on our area to be an active participant to BOC's needs.

Old 2012-02-28, 11:57am
Type ZZZ personality

I'm gonna be there! So excited!

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2012-02-29, 5:57pm

Smile

Awesome, Patty! Will be nice to see you again. I hope more from the troup come. Been a long time no see.

Old 2012-03-01, 5:03am

We all need to wear nametags so we can find each other!
Old 2012-03-01, 10:43am

FYI, posted by Robert in the BOC area:

The event will be hosted in an area of the Ed Hoy warehouse. The first hour or so will be mingling though the event space. We will have the Beads in Space Exhibit, an area to make a Strength Bracelet for a child, 6 artists will be making beads (some will be Dream Beads), we will have a BoC store with items for sale and a Bead Sponsor and Wingman Bead table. We will have a short program with Jean speaking, a family, a clinician and then more mingling while you enjoy some music. It's going to be a wonderful, inspiring evening. Go ahead and get your tickets so that we can plan for food.

We will have many of the beads from the Bead Design Challenge and othe BoC swag. The new books aren't ready yet so we won't have those.

There will be a BoC family there but not many kids as it isi n a warehouse at night.

You are welcome to give some of your beads as a 'thank you' as stories are shared.

We would love for you to donate Act of Courage beads! We need those!
Old 2012-03-02, 3:38am

Thumbs up

Thanks Robin, for getting more details.

Come on everyone, sign up and join us. Being inside the large cavernous Ed Hoy is really a treat to behold! It's the largest wholesale glass vendor I've ever seen, and I've seen several warehouses. At Hoy's you want to just spend the night and fondle and drool over all the glorious sheet colors and patterns.

I can't wait for the event!

Old 2012-03-10, 10:36pm

Smile

Just got home from this great event! It was so great to meet up with folks I had not seen in eons. People came from as far away as Minnesota! It was a very nice event, filled with great catered appetizers to die for, drinking refreshments (still buzzing from the cola, as you can see)

We made lots and lots of bracelets for the kids, put into these little sweet transparent envelopes with a little note to the future recipient. It was such a feel-good night!

Several of us talked about the next time BOC holds such an event in the Chicago area, we will coordinate amongst ourselves, and offer overnight stays for you out of towners!! This way, no one has to make long drives back home to distant places, and really have a blast of a weekend.

Nice to meet some of you in person, some of you from years back I have not seen. It really and truly was a great evening. They practically had to shoo us last ones out. We were kind of hoping to call it an all nighter and been fun to keep stringing those good-message bracelets.

I have a special request for Cloe, and can't wait to get to make her a purple fish!! It will hopefully make up for my lame attempt at Disney's Rapunzel with her little geckoish friend. OMG, did I suck at this improvised poor color selection attempt! I kept telling the sweet Cloe, that I was much better at "fish", in hopes that she may have a change of heart for her "dream bead" of Rapunsel. IF by chance, anyone here wants to take a crack at this creature : http://www.suite101.com/view_image.cfm/3118529 I'll be happy to forward it to her along with my purple fish!! You know, in a way, Cloe looks like Rapunsel! She had gorgeous blond curls and big green eyes like the character in the movie. Serious, anyone out there want to take the challenge of Rapunsel??!!

Thank you, BOC and Ed Hoys for such a great night! Hope there are many more to come.....

Last edited by Ofilia; 2012-03-10 at 10:40pm.