Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Calls for Entries, etc.

Calls for Entries, etc. -- Calls for Entries, Contests, Exhibits, etc.

Old 2007-01-14, 12:13pm

Default PRIZES....

If you weren't interested in submitting an entry before... maybe this will help change your mind.

We have a partial list of prizes posted on the site along with the sponsors...

http://theannealermagazine.com/sponsor-list.htm

More prizes will be added as they are received.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
~
~
~
Old 2007-01-26, 3:01pm
StudioMarcy

Marilyn, what a great list! I hope you have tons of entries. And I picked up your first issue and was so impressed. Looking forward to the next one.

Marcy

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2007-01-26, 6:54pm
Miss my BoBo Griff

I loved the first issue as well! You did GREAT!!! Maybe I'll have to throw in for this contest.
chris ann
Old 2007-01-30, 9:12am
phrit phreak

ok talking guy creeps me out JMO tho

lori

Old 2007-01-31, 7:36am

lol Talking guy is an experiment... he is not staying! Although, as Barb Svetlick found out, if you move your mouse around his head, he follows you to keep an eye on what you are doing. She seems to have had fun playing with him! lol

There are more sponsors coming on board. The prizes for this one are going to be fantastic - even moreso than what is listed there now!

~
~
~
~
~
Old 2007-01-31, 7:56am
StudioMarcy

Ha, ha he is fun. I just tried him. I really enjoyed trying to making his head move to my music. Anyhow, Marilyn, consensus around here is if you're going to have a talking guy, can you find a hunk by any chance? We've got one vote for Johnny Depp, one for Antonio Banderas and one for George Clooney. Oh, and another vote for that guy who was the boyfriend in Devil Wears Prada- is it Adrian something?

I'm just joking...
Marcy

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2007-01-31, 8:10am
Satake Woman!

I must be a real dunce because I can't find the guy anywhere!

Satake glass in stock and ready for you!
Old 2007-01-31, 8:41am

Sorry Jo - just took the guy off. I'll put him back up for a few more days so you can see him.

Marcy - I'd love to put someone else up there. Just not many choices right now.

Marilyn

~
~
~
~
~
Old 2007-01-31, 8:45am

Okay - he's back up... go play!!!

~
~
~
~
~
Old 2007-01-31, 4:23pm
Satake Woman!

ACK!!! Turn it off, turn it off! That is too creepy.

Old 2007-02-02, 4:22pm
Mummy to 3 Little Elves

Quote:
Originally Posted by mperaza View Post
If you weren't interested in submitting an entry before... maybe this will help change your mind.

We have a partial list of prizes posted on the site along with the sponsors...

http://theannealermagazine.com/sponsor-list.htm

More prizes will be added as they are received.
Good luck everyone. I would imagine a lampworker with a lot of experience will be winning. You ought to think about doing categories next year so newbies can join in the fun!

Old 2007-02-03, 6:44am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allie_T View Post
Good luck everyone. I would imagine a lampworker with a lot of experience will be winning. You ought to think about doing categories next year so newbies can join in the fun!

Newbies are certainly welcome to participate. There are many people who consider themselves as newbies who have some of the most fantastic beads I've seen! Take Teresa Laliberte for instance - her beads have become very well known and she has not been making beads all that long! When we first went live with the site, she was our first featured artist and had only been making beads for about a year at that time - a "newbie"... It's going to be judged on the bead, not the artist. In fact, unless your beads are so unique that they shout out your name, no one will know who made the beads when they are being judged. So, if you can make a nice pucker in your bead and can make a pleasing design... I would certainly enter it!!! You never know! If you don't enter ... you most certainly will never know.

No matter what you enter, your beads and your name will be shown in either the magazine or on the website (after the judging is completed)... It's great advertising just to enter! If you're a newbie and you make nice beads, here's an opportunity to get your name out there and yes, a chance to win some fantastic prizes!

Thanks for your input!
Marilyn

~
~
~
~
~
Old 2007-02-04, 10:56am

we just added a couple more sponsors and more prizes!

~
~
~
~
~
Old 2007-02-04, 8:44pm
Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by mperaza View Post
Got a quick question for you all... I would like to have some lampwork beads as part of the prizes for the jewelry designer winners. I'm thinking that we can do a mini contest - there will be 16 winners... each winner will get a classified ad in the 2nd issue of the magazine. The classified ads are actually 1/16" ad space - 4" W X 1.312" They are text only - black and white. There will be one grand prize winner who will receive the classified ad space and some glass as well. The only catch is, the entries will become part of the prizes - they won't be returned to you. Each bead will be showcased on the website sponsor page with the artist's name (some more free advertising).

Let me know what you all think please... Suggestions, comments, etc.

Thanks!
Marilyn
I am game for this, if you decide to go ahead with it I'll send a focal for it you can use as a prize.

Old 2007-02-05, 5:25am
StudioMarcy

I guess I'm confused. I thought that was one of the options already. I don't mind that either. It's a good idea.

Marcy

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2007-02-05, 10:51am

Sorry Marcy...

You know what - it is a bit confusing - since it was a question and not an actual event - let's just scratch that idea of a mini contest (I deleted my original post asking your thoughts on the idea). There's already too much going on with the main contest - which by the way, have you seen the prize list???? WOW - and more coming!!

Let's just do this instead - the first 16 people to contact me through the Annealer website to offer up a bead or bead set will get a free classified ad space. THIS IS A TRADE - NOT A CONTEST! The bead will not be entered into the contest! So, it doesn't have to be your "best" bead.... but it should be of high quality.

How's that sound? That should clear things up!

Thanks!
Marilyn

~
~
~
~
~

Last edited by mperaza; 2007-02-05 at 10:53am.
Old 2007-02-05, 11:38am

10 LEFT!

or...

This offer will expire on February 8, 2007 at midnight - whichever occurs first.

Thanks!
Marilyn

~
~
~
~
~

Last edited by mperaza; 2007-02-07 at 7:15am.
Old 2007-02-11, 9:34am
aka Spawn Of Flame

I should read here more often.

--
--
--

Old 2007-02-12, 10:38pm

Darn. been of line and now to late, and look at all those prizes!! Plus I love the magazine, Sheila

_
Old 2007-02-15, 8:25am
The one, the only

Those prizes look too cool!!!!! I'd better hurry and get my entry done.

-
-
-
Old 2007-02-16, 9:38am
Boro Brat

I want the prizes...especially the momkas!!!! YUM!

Old 2007-02-16, 10:27am
Satake Woman!

I'm pretty sure I don't get to enter since I'm giving away one of the prizes.

Old 2007-02-16, 4:15pm
Fusing Glass

Me too Jo! at least I am in good company watching
Old 2007-02-17, 10:19am
Boro Brat

YES!! Two great artists that I don't have to compete against

Old 2007-02-17, 11:27am
Satake Woman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipyr View Post
YES!! Two great artists that I don't have to compete against
You must be talking about Mary and Marilyn, not me.

Old 2007-02-26, 12:34pm
novembersfyre everywhere

I have to remember about this contest! I've been working on a lot of new stuff and I want to enter. I'll probably send the bead instead of paying the entry fee - but the entry fee option is nice if you are a procrastinator like I am!

What a great list of prizes

Old 2007-03-01, 8:33am

Sorry guys for not getting back here sooner...
Yes, it is too late for the bead trade - we didn't get as many as we wanted, but I had to put a deadline on it so I can move forward with other things.

On another note - there are more prizes being added to the list... Auralens is adding a pair of boro glasses to their prizes. And, it looks like someone is going to offer up an electroforming kit too!!! Yeah! There's supposed to be a torch being offered up also, but I don't have the details or confirmation on either the torch or the electroforming kit yet. Still waiting! Of course having these extra things will make the pot sweeter... but if they don't come through, there are still some really great prizes already - Well worth entering for!

Major Sponsors - I'm sorry you won't be able to enter. We're going to miss out on some serious works of art!

(Bead-trade individuals CAN enter the contest).

DEADLINE IS COMING!!! Now's the time to get your entries in - the deadline is towards the end of this month. This is one contest you don't want to miss out on!

Thanks!
Marilyn

~
~
~
~
~
Old 2007-03-06, 4:02pm

Okay... I got the word today, there is going to be an electroforming kit added to the prizes! Yippee!!! and, Weaver Industries (they put out some fantastic graphite tools) is sponsoring with $400.00 in gift certificates for their products!

~
~
~
~
~
Old 2007-03-06, 4:28pm
Satake Woman!

Wow, talk about cool prizes! Maybe I should take mine back so I can enter.

Old 2007-03-07, 4:19pm

I also received confirmation that Gudonya is providing 2 baskets of their moisturizing goodies too! I don't know about you, but my hands get so torch dried making beads!!! Their products are awesome!!!

A quick note to those of you who are entering... please do not post your bead pictures anywhere!!!! Not even on your websites. The judges can not know whose beads they are judging until after they are finished!

Thank you!!!! and good luck to all who enter!

Marilyn

~
~
~
~
~