No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2008-04-01, 12:05pm
hot&shiny

Exclamation Troll Beads?

Has anyone seen the prices they are getting for these beads?

http://www.trollbeadbracelets.com/?O...WID=8293978021

Why are they sooooooo special?
Old 2008-04-01, 12:25pm

Did you see the retired one for $799.00???

Ok, I'm getting myself downstairs and make troll beads, yeah, that's the ticket!
Old 2008-04-01, 12:27pm
hot&shiny

Check this one out, it's cracked!

http://www.trollbeadbracelets.com/co...&currentPage=1
Old 2008-04-01, 12:44pm

They need us! I can't believe they didn't see that in the photo. Someone has to tell them where to get their troll beads for less .
Old 2008-04-01, 1:17pm

Fer christ'sake! Did you see the "Tibet Kit" for -gulp- $4,800.00!!??!!?! What the &%$&$! Those are some pretty boring beads for that kind of cash.
Old 2008-04-01, 2:09pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by deewiz38 View Post
it is an amber bead! not glass...........

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-04-01, 2:12pm
hot&shiny

my bad!!!!!!!!!
Old 2008-04-01, 2:49pm

They have to be production line beads. They are very, very plain. A newbie could make more interesting beads. Who would pay that much???
Old 2008-04-01, 2:52pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by deewiz38 View Post
my bad!!!!!!!!!
no worries!!!!!!!!

Old 2008-04-01, 3:04pm
Lover of Life

It's too bad there's no "feedback" sort of system there, as in ebay and etsy, then we could see who would pay that kind of $$... then we could say, "Hi there! I understand you like troll beads..."

Nah, that's bad business practice. But I must admit, I'm very curious to know to what demographics these sell.
Old 2008-04-01, 3:58pm
as in the state

I was gulping about that Tibet kit myself. What the heck is up with that? Some of their other sets of 6 for $150 were kind of scary, too.

Wow.

-Amy
Old 2008-04-01, 4:00pm
hot&shiny

Smile

I found the ad for troll beads in In Style Magazine. If you go to trollbeads.com they show you pics of all the celebrities that wear them, they are also sold in jewelry stores. I guess we could sell beads with little stories like "I thought of this bead color combination as I was eating my dinner, I liked how the colors of all my portions matched and intwined on the fine china plate, that was a gift from the queen of sheba" HA HA
Old 2008-04-03, 2:29am
kindasorta Spring almost

Quote:
Originally Posted by klcbeads View Post
They have to be production line beads. They are very, very plain. A newbie could make more interesting beads. Who would pay that much???
Wealthy Europeans who haven't seen any other beads... In bigger cities here, you see women with troll bead necklaces so laden with silver core lined beginner beads, that they can hardly move. (okay, an exaggeration) but they pack the beads on, like the charm bracelets of the 40's and 70's... Hey, it gives their husbands a fool proof present source...

They are super well marketed and super successful. I'm still in awe... and yup, jealous too.

ca

Old 2008-04-03, 3:25am
Gimme that silver glass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolanne View Post
Wealthy Europeans who haven't seen any other beads... In bigger cities here, you see women with troll bead necklaces so laden with silver core lined beginner beads, that they can hardly move. (okay, an exaggeration) but they pack the beads on, like the charm bracelets of the 40's and 70's... Hey, it gives their husbands a fool proof present source...

They are super well marketed and super successful. I'm still in awe... and yup, jealous too.

ca
True!

I started lampworking 'cause I loved Trollbeads and wanted to learn to make those glasbeads myself.

And now, I can't even imagine I ever spent that much money (and I'm kicking myself for selling all those retired beads that are now worth more than 800%). Those glass beads were sold for 21 euro's each!

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2008-04-03, 3:55am

i just finished a bunch of troll beads and put them on my site..i also and trying to sell them in a local store, too early to tell but i'm selling them for $15.00..hope that's enough..any comments..

Old 2008-04-03, 4:28am
Detail G-Mama!

I just started making these style of beads. They are fun to make, I just wish I could afford to make the silver cores that go in them! My highest bead like these that I made was $38. I start them at $9.99 and only one has not sold. I think that is pretty good price compared to other's I've seen on the Pandora, Troll websites!

Old 2008-04-04, 9:37am

I make the beads to fit the troll/pandora but had someone ask me about the silver core. How do you get the silver core inside? Also, wouldn't we have to have an even larger mandrel b/c once the silver core goes in, it would make the hole smaller?
Someone showed me a website the other day that had a tool that would insert the silver core but the tool was $150 and the dies were $50! That was way too expensive for me.
rverk47, how are you getting those cores in there and be able to sell them so affordably? (I hope you don't mind my asking!)
Thanks!
Old 2008-04-04, 3:14pm
Nancy

What size mandrel do you use for your troll/pandora beads?
Thanks.
Old 2008-04-04, 4:13pm
Detail G-Mama!

I use 5/32 dipped twice so that the hole is big enough for the chain to go through it.

Old 2008-04-04, 4:39pm

I make a wide selection of pandora bead using 5/32", 3/16" and 1/4" mandrel. From plain sliders, cubes, dots and even animals. My prices are very fair and my beads are selling very well even shipping them to Europeans.

I have considered buying the tool and making the silver cores but I want to upgrade my torch first.

Pandora lampwork beads with cores only cost $30.00 the trolls are a lot more expensive.

Debbie
Old 2008-04-04, 7:26pm
I practice alchemy!

I just saw the ad for Troll beads today in a Glamour magazine. I looked really hard at those beads and except for the silver core--which I so want to learn to make--I thought that even as new as I am, I could make them. I guess the people who buy them must be the same people that will pay over $10,000 for a belly button ring!

Celeste
Old 2008-04-04, 7:28pm
Detail G-Mama!

I hope the person that paid that much for a belly button ring sees my beads!

Old 2008-04-06, 2:51am
First bead: 2007-04-28

Quote:
Originally Posted by krfteldy View Post
What size mandrel do you use for your troll/pandora beads?
Thanks.
I use 5 mm mandrels for beads that I want to fit on a Pandora/Troll barcelet.
You can get them here:

http://www.sansiera.nl/shop/index.ph...35746becef1632

That's if you want to put in silver rivets. If you plan not to, 4 mm will do as well.

Ann