Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2008-09-06, 1:05pm
I'm not Barbie.

Default FINALLY! A space to call my own!

When I lived in Alaska I had about a 6 foot space to do everything on. Now that I live in Wisconsin (been here for 5 weeks now) I have my very own studio space in my very own house! I chose this particular room because of all the wonderful natural light and because I can see out in my backyard where I am going to transform it into wonderful flower gardens, I can see my little Rosie (Bichon puppy now 18 weeks old) when she is out there and the hummingbirds right by my windows. Here are a couple pix I took the other day. I still have a bit of organizing and I'll probably do my metalsmithing stuff down in the basement where there is already a nice workbench there.

Old 2008-09-06, 1:26pm
Say hi to Louie

Oh my, you look so organized! I'm jealous. Your studio looks very nice and your kitty is too cute.
Old 2008-09-06, 1:32pm
Etched Metal Rocks...

Love your skinny storage drawers...I think I have the same ones. Did you put something over the top to work on or did it come like that?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-09-06, 1:33pm
Burnt Wood Beads

Hey, welcome to Wisconsin!!! Where abouts? I'm about an hour NW of the twin cities.

Nice workspace...LOVE the window! And the wall hangings!

Julie

Old 2008-09-06, 5:37pm
I'm not Barbie.

hehe, usually I am not so organized, just remember I just got this all set up a couple weeks ago and I've only been able to torch twice since then. My concentrator arrived broken and I had to order 2 new ones (needed to have a spare) and they came later than was promised. Trust me, my old studio space was very cluttered!

Lisa, I bought the top, it was sold seperately.

And, THANKS everyone! I know it's not near as nice or as big as some people's but for me this is pure heaven!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by fyrebeadz*; 2008-09-07 at 5:06am.
Old 2008-09-06, 6:40pm

Very nice!! I'd love to have my own room, I share the laundry room which is tiny to begin with!! I hope you enjoy your new space!!! Beautiful kitty!!!
Mary T.

Old 2008-09-08, 9:34am

Congratulations! It is so much better to have your own space!

Old 2008-09-08, 9:54am
Salt Box Beads

Donna, I have been following your "story" since before you left Alaska and breathed a sigh of relief when you left safely. You have been in my prayers and are an inspiration.

Do you remember those old Virginia slims commercials?? You've come a long way baby??

I love your room, spacious enough and the view is great, with the color of the walls and all of the dark woods it has an english tudor feel to it. Which I love.

I need to order a set of green, purple black and white twisty loon beads from you...I saw a set a long time ago and well maybe I can talk to DH..and get a set for CHRISTMAS?? I wonder if you could make a set of 5 Pandora loon beads??? I could silver core them myself....hmmmm

Can't wait for you to get your studio exactly how you want it and post more pics. it is such an inviting studio....students will love it.

hUGS
lORRAINE

Last edited by Lorraine Chandler; 2008-09-08 at 9:56am.
Old 2008-09-08, 10:10am
Lampwork Meditator

I have total studio envy! You're very lucky!

What kind of torch are you using and how far are you from the wall/window? I'm trying to figure out how close I can get to the window with my carlisle mini. Right now I face into the center of the room...

Carlisle mini cc with concentrator
Old 2008-09-08, 4:13pm

Donna, Nice studio! When is the play day? I'll come and I bet Roberta will also!

Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply,
Speak Kindly and Leave the Rest to God.
Old 2008-09-08, 5:27pm
Where's the coffee?

I'm jealous! I have no view. What a wonderful space and the kitty is gorgeous!

Old 2008-09-09, 6:08am
I'm not Barbie.

Susie-I am using a mini cc too. It's about 33 inches from the window. But I just got some great curtain scarves that I am going to fashion into real curtains, they are hot pink, brown and gold with spirals, I am hoping I don't catch them on fire! I may not be able to use them on the window by the kiln. I really didn't want to even put any up but the sun comes into this room in the afternoon and is so bright that I can't see what I am doing.

Lorraine-it's been a LONG journey to get here. In all reality I almost didn't make it either. The last 2 days were horrendous to say the least. I am lucky that I was able to get out, not every woman in my siutation is that lucky. I thank my lucky stars every day that I was. I've had so much great support from people like you that I really don't even know and I thank you all!

Nia-ya all can come over anytime!!!!!!!!!!!! I've talked with Roberta on the phone once already. Any there is also someone over in Amery too!

Angie-if you could have seen where I was torching before. We lived in the basement in Alaska for 4 years. When I torched at my workbench I could literally turn around and touch my bed and turn the other way and touch our kitchen table. I had no room at all. And, living is a basement isn't much fun, it's dark and gloomy all the time. My new house has a wonderful workbench in the basement all ready to go. But I chose not to use it because I've already spent way too much time of my life in a basement that I just couldn't do it anymore. So, this in my new house is really a small space too but it is perfect for what I am using it for. Wish it was a little bit bigger but this will do.

THANKS EVERYONE for your kind words and support!

Donna
Old 2008-09-10, 10:29am
metallics freak

great space donna! and welcome to wisconsin!!!!

where abouts are you? i'm just an hour north of milwaukee...you ready for winter?