Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2007-08-13, 10:49am
Glass-aholic

Default presses you don't use:

so in reading the Poll thread about presses being used I noticed people owned lots and used SEVERAL on a regular basis. I have 3 presses and use 1 on a regular basis.

I don't use:
my donut press or my triangle trio......why..... I don't really like the triangle shapes (but I saw some yummy watermellon slices I think I'll try) and I never really got into the donut thing...i think it's too big/thick to really enjoy playing with(for me). I made a few, and got told it looked like I was wearing giant lifesavers......

What don't you use?????
________
Dodge Powerbox

Last edited by jaci; 2011-04-17 at 8:01pm.
Old 2007-08-13, 11:45am
Button Queen

Actually, I got rid of all the presses I don't use. Didn't see any point in keeping them around - they just took up space...
Old 2007-08-13, 12:10pm

I don't use my Kalera and hardly ever use the hex anymore. I'm in love with my nugget and SSL and learning to love the crystal. Maybe I should give the Kalera another chance since most people seem to like it...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Angela Kane

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-One of a kind boro frit blends!
Old 2007-08-13, 12:12pm
sunscreen me baby

I go through phases. I don't get rid of any old favorites. I found out the hard way that as soon as I get rid of a press I don't use much anymore , I get the desire to use it and want it back, lol.

~

Old 2007-08-14, 12:37am
Glass-aholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclogan View Post
Actually, I got rid of all the presses I don't use. Didn't see any point in keeping them around - they just took up space...
which ones did you get rid of? what do you use often?
________
Lovely Wendie

Last edited by jaci; 2011-04-17 at 8:02pm.
Old 2007-08-14, 6:49am

Hmmmmm Get rid of presses? thats a new thought. thinking, thinking thinking no couldn't do that
Liz R

MADE IN THE U.S.A.

Lead me not into temptation, Oh hell follow me I know a short cut
Old 2007-08-14, 6:53am
Word to your mother

I have a diamond and don't use it.

I should sell it, huh?

Old 2007-08-14, 7:31am
Where's the coffee?

It is embarassing how many I have that never get used, but I just can't seem to part with them. I bought a knob press two years ago and have yet to even try it...

Old 2007-08-14, 8:09am
da General

I don't use the trio ones - I tend to make larger beads so the Tile, Spree, Nugget Trio presses, as well as the Cube/diamond Duo don't get used. I do use the larger size tile, spree and nugget presses so can't get rid of the trios . . . what if I need them to make matching earring beads one day??? LOL!

|
|
|
|
Old 2007-08-14, 9:35am
Ad astra per aspera

I have (running into studio to count) 10 presses. I use 7 of them regularly, one sometimes, 1 rarely and 1 is just gathering dust. The sometimes one is the dual crunch (I need regular grownup crunches instead), the rarely is Catt's 5/8 column cuz it's just a little too fussy, even if I like the end results a bunch. The never is a lovely crescent shape I bought from the gal in Germany (shame on me, I forget her name)...I love the shape but it's a difficult press to use in that you have to add glass over and over again to fill it in right and I'm just too much of an instant gratification chick. I have her triangle press which also needs some tweaking, but I love it.

I regularly use (all Catt): chunky lentil trio, standard lentil trio, oval lentil duo, marquis, puffy pillow, and large lentil (1"). I had a 1-1/4" lentil but traded down to the 1", and had a large puffy pillow but it just used too much glass for me.

I want several other shapes....straight sided lentil, sleek pillow, a few different crunches...all on my 'when I sell more beads' list.

Old 2007-08-14, 9:45am
Covered in glitter

Ummmm....giant lifesavers...now I want a big giant cherry lifesaver.

And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who couldn't hear the music. --Nietzsche
Old 2007-08-14, 2:21pm
Glass-aholic

"I'm just too much of an instant gratification chick."

yep thats me too.... thanks for sharing!!!

I think i'm more of a green lifesaver..... or pinapple....pinapple sparkle lifesaver??? haha
________
California medical marijuana

Last edited by jaci; 2011-04-17 at 8:03pm.
Old 2007-08-14, 2:23pm

I had and got rid of the smaller diamond and pillow ones - too little for me.
I got rid of the dual crunch in favor of the standard crunch when I realized I only used the bigger side, and some of them went longer...

~:
:~
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon
Old 2007-08-14, 2:49pm

Location: Im in Lawrenceburg TN .. about 1 1/2 south of Nashville

LOL Nikki darlen , tell the truth ... I Got rid of the smaller diamond for ya .

"If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."*John Irving*

Old 2007-08-14, 5:55pm

I knew it went somewhere... I didn't use it much, no big deal - obviously it meant a lot if I forgot.

~:
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon
Old 2007-08-14, 7:40pm

I too need to get a large crunch and sell my duo. I don't use it enough, but I think I would use the large one. I really like the pillow and diamond shape from Zozii, but could never get the shape down. SIGH.

I have the charmer as well and I don't use very often.

Become a fan on Facebook:
Old 2007-08-14, 8:57pm

I don't even want to count the presses that I have but I did sell 3 or 4 of them last month.
I have a hard time using the large ones. The donut one's are cool but I can't make one without bead release ending up all over the bead. Pisses me off so I quit. I love my ssl and my crystal, nugget, and hmmm the kalera trio. I use those the most.
I need to play with the daisy and the gem and the hex sometime.
Yea..that is when I get to torch
Irene