Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2009-05-13, 8:23am
Shelarious

Not yet, Karin.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-05-13, 8:24am
In search of her path....

ok we have some mail delivery issues here sometimes and I was getting a lil worried.

Prints for sale in my
!
Old 2009-05-21, 8:24am
tinkmartin.etsy.com

Don't worry about getting the paperwork. They suck at that. LOL!

I'm going to take some glass, specifically intense black. I don't know what glass Paul will be using, but I know that in Loren Stump's class we used some furnace color. It's compatible with other soft glasses and the colors are nicely intense for making flowers and such. I'm also going to take some greens and browns for foliage. I have no idea what the Museum is going to provide us with, glass-wise, so I figure thinking ahead will be a Good Thing.

I am also taking my glasses, my favorite tools and something cold to drink. There are vending machines in the building, and there is a little cafe for those who don't wish to take their own beverage or whatever.

The word today is that five people have paid for the class. That is enough for it to be a Go. Yay! That doesn't mean there won't be more people in the class: Lots of people pay at the last minute.

See everyone Saturday!

Also Available in
: my Electroforming for Everyone booklet.

Old 2009-05-21, 9:17am
Meow.

Sigh - I am SO regretting not jumping on this. you gals have some fabulous fun! <pout>

Go on. Click it!

Yes. We. Did!
Old 2009-05-21, 4:32pm
Shelarious

Thanks so much, Tink!

I'm totally looking forward to this!

Old 2009-05-21, 8:44pm
Dead man walking

Man if this wasn't on Memorial Day weekend I would so be in Ohio this weekend .

Have fun Tink!
Old 2009-05-22, 8:55am

Question

Hi all, I'm new to this forum. However, I am eternally grateful to you guys because if I had not run across this thread I would have completely missed this workshop! I was so sad that I missed the deadline but as it turns out, there was one space available. I'm looking forward to meeting eveyone who is coming. However, I'm nervous too. Though I have several years experience on the torch, it's all boro. As a plus though, I've taken several glassblowing classes at the TMA. Do you guys think I'll have too much trouble because I'm used to boro?

Also, Tink, do you know if anyone else from Toledo is signed up?

Thanks,
Malissa
Old 2009-05-22, 1:02pm
Shelarious

Hi Malissa!

I don't know about the boro, I haven't a ton of experience lampworking period but just looking forward to learning whatever I can over the next two days.

I'll see you tomorrow! Welcome to LE!

Old 2009-05-23, 5:49pm

That was a blast today guys. Can't wait to do it all again tomorrow.
Old 2009-05-24, 6:53pm

It was awesome meeting you guys this weekend! I had such a great time! Thanks TMA for hosting such a great class and Thank you Paul for being such a great teacher!

Prints for sale in my
!
Old 2009-05-25, 2:35pm
tinkmartin.etsy.com

Karin, it was so cool to FINALLY meet you! Glad you had a good time! I can't wait to see our class project panel finished. You made KICKASS devils!!!!

I have some pics up on my Facebook page for anyone interested. I will post those pics here soon, and will add pics of our class project as soon as I can.

Also Available in
: my Electroforming for Everyone booklet.

Old 2009-05-25, 8:44pm
Shelarious

It was really nice meeting LE'ers in the flesh! And what a blast of a time! I hope to go back to TMA sometime.

Can't wait to see the pics, Tink!

Old 2009-05-25, 8:48pm

I cant wait to see the panel too Tink! I think its gonna be really interesting! I posted some pics up on my face book as well. I hope to be able to do some work this week and practice some of the thing I learned!

Prints for sale in my
!