Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2009-03-12, 2:34pm

Default Its Done!!! Video Tutoial on ETSY NOW!!!!!

BUY IT NOW ON ETSY

You asked for it...and here it is.

The first installment in my Borosilicate Bead and Pendant Tubing Tricks series.

In this video you will learn the basic techniques that I use every day to create a wide variety of pendants.

I will demonstrate in depth how to fume precious metals to achieve wonderful reflective metallic hues.

How the use of 12.5 mm boro tubes for handles... so no more nasty point pulling.

We will also learn the basics of prep work for the pendant making, flame cutting tubing, flaring, welding and bubble construction.

I will show you how to apply art work to your bubble, explain in depth how to arrange your pattern so you can get the most out of your tubing.

Most importantly I will go over the right way to implode the tubing to get 3d effects that will amaze you.

I also demo my method for loop construction and the proper way to flame heal scars on boro.

I recorded from several different angles so you can really see all perspectives of the tricks that I use.

This video is the building block of the Boro Bead and Pendant Tubing Tricks series.

Video runs at one hour..recorded on DVD format.
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Get Your New Hagstrom Art Glass Videos on my website and Etsy now!!!

Last edited by hagstromartglass; 2009-03-13 at 8:54am.
Old 2009-03-12, 2:37pm

So this will teach me how to make a imploded pendant? I can make them but not as pretty as the picture your showing above. Hoping that will be included????

Old 2009-03-12, 2:39pm

ummm just looked at your site. Dang I'd love to learn how to make a butterfly!
OMG Your pieces are beautiful!

Old 2009-03-12, 2:49pm

That is a macro shot of the exact pendant I make in the video....the secret it in the tubing

Old 2009-03-12, 3:03pm

Woo Hoo! Just ordered mine.

Minor with tanked oxygen.
Old 2009-03-12, 4:52pm

Off to school but save me one Stephan! I'll get it when I get in...Thanks for calling as well. It was nice talking to you
We'll be in touch!

Old 2009-03-12, 5:23pm

I'm taking a class from you. Are you bringing any of your tutorials with you to sell????? If you do I will buy one there.

Rose Leslie
Old 2009-03-12, 5:48pm

yes Rose I will have some at the class too......see ya soon

Old 2009-03-12, 10:08pm

Wow...thanks for a good first night every body

Old 2009-03-13, 2:26pm
See my quote!!

I'm so excited!! I just ordered mine. Woooooohoooooo

I've been an admirer of your work for so long!!

“The greatest part of our happiness depends on our dispositions not our circumstances”. - Martha Washington

Old 2009-03-15, 9:16pm

dvd's going out in the morning!! keep an eye out

Old 2009-03-15, 11:58pm

So is this DVD for people that don't know how to use tubing? I would love to learn how to do tube work since I bought some and have no idea where to start.

Old 2009-03-16, 1:53am

Yes exactly...I go over in detail how to prep the tube..and weld tubing, flame cutting..and everything to get a newbie going with tubing...its a great dvd for first timers and intermediate...Really it is the jumping off point to everthing I make. I plan on coming out with more dvds and like I said..this one focuses on the basics...plus I demo a really cool piece.

Old 2009-03-16, 6:46pm
Xstatic

I'm attending your class at Bearden's also. Cant wait to meet you!
Gail

'A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner'
Old 2009-03-17, 12:23pm

I cant wait either!!! You have bought pendants from me on Ebay right?...I listed more dvds on Etsy now too

Old 2009-03-17, 12:36pm
Does it come in Purple???

I just bookmarked you on etsy so when the funds roll in - I can purchase the video. I have admired your work for a long time now.

~~

Bloodletting, mayhem and massacre first thing in the morning is the best way to start the day
Old 2009-03-17, 1:42pm
phrit phreak

dang I wish I could've taken your class at Beardens. I will probably do a drive by tho and see everyone and drool over your work

Old 2009-03-17, 5:43pm

Do that..lori...I will have some pendants for sale there too...and thank you Jodi

Old 2009-03-18, 1:28pm

Just got my DVD today. I really liked it. I think I finally figured out how to do tube implosions. It just didn't click before I saw you doing it on the video. I will try some tonight and see how it goes. Hopefully you will be doing another with your Reef pendants soon. I love that technique and have a couple of design ideas for using it if I ever learn how to do it.

One suggestion would be to get a ACE/AU92 filter for your video camera. Even just a piece of Diddy sheet in front would help see a bit more of the detail. I could still figure out what was going on, but I think it would give a more polished look to the video.

Cheers,

Torch Ho... GTT Mirage, Carlisle CC, GTT Cheetahs, GTT Lynxes, and others on tanked O2.
Old 2009-03-18, 1:54pm

I appreciate the feedback..will do....I used glasses over the camera for most of the shots..but I am always trying to get better! Glad you liked the dvd!

Old 2009-03-18, 7:38pm

I got my DVD today and just got done watching it. Was very easy to follow and I can't wait to try the techniques!

Old 2009-03-18, 10:28pm

thanks Rose!!!!that just made my day! make sure and post some pictures sometime

Old 2009-03-19, 10:32am

Hi Stephan. This is a dumb question I'm sure... but HOW do you see the dvd on the computer?

I only get the file directory when I pop it into my cd player. I then tried to open it with Windows Media Player, and it said that it might work if I turned DOWN my video settings (but didn't say to what). Then I tried to download DIVX, and it doesn't play any of the files on the cd... er... how do I watch this?

My Non-Glass Sites:

Old 2009-03-19, 11:44am

I found some free codecs online to show DVD on your computer at:
http://www.vidmex.com/codecs.html

I know most people will watch their DVD at their TV and DVD player, but I was at the computer so I wanted to see it on my monitor while I did other stuff too.

My Non-Glass Sites:

Old 2009-03-19, 11:16pm

Hels sorry about your trouble...I made the dvd on my Mac....it doesn't play on windows...I dont know..I know I put a youtube video on my web site from windows and it only works when I watch it on my PC..and not my mac....

It works just fine in a dvd player or on a mac

dont hate congradulate

Old 2009-03-20, 12:08am

Stephan, your video rocks. I LOVE it!!

My Non-Glass Sites:

Old 2009-03-20, 1:23am

thanks..Hels
I gonna start working on the next one soon...thanks to some tips from Mr.Smiley....the next one will have a little less glare...I really tried to show everything...some of the stuff is hard to shoot when its white hot.

Last edited by hagstromartglass; 2009-03-20 at 1:29am.
Old 2009-03-20, 4:33am
Serenity Now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hels View Post
I found some free codecs online to show DVD on your computer at:
http://www.vidmex.com/codecs.html

I know most people will watch their DVD at their TV and DVD player, but I was at the computer so I wanted to see it on my monitor while I did other stuff too.
I watch all my tech DVD's in my computer. Just checked this site, Hels - it all looks like gibberish to me! Couldya help a gal out, and lemme know what it is I have to do in order to be able to view this DVD?
Much obliged...

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2009-03-20, 5:22am

I really enjoyed the video. It was very informative. Now I just have to order some tubing.

Over the Moon,
You might want to try using VLC Media player. That is what I used to watch the video on my system.

Minor with tanked oxygen.
Old 2009-03-20, 5:30pm

Hi Val.

Download a player... I got this one: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

after you have it, you will discover that the codec it uses STINKS and you get herky jerky video playback. So then go to the site I linked: http://www.vidmex.com/codecs.html

Scroll down to Mpeg2 section and download the Mpeg2decoder

I also got the Mp4 decoder too (not sure which one was the one that fixed the jerky video play, I suspect the Mpeg2).

That's it.

Other option is to go buy WinDVD or PowerDVD or NeroPlayer, etc. I didn't want to buy anything, so it takes a bit longer to find the cheap solution. hehe.

My Non-Glass Sites: