Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Safety

Safety -- Make sure you are safe!

Old 2010-02-05, 4:29pm
Disconnected

I mean cold while at the torch... behind my back, at my feet, everywhere... BRRRRRRR

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-02-05, 4:48pm
birdergirl ~o~

Flonche~
Love your studio!!!
~~love the bendable lamp
~~would like to see what the whole poster on the wall looks like!!! Looks cool!
~~wonder how big the vent going to the outside is on the outside wall ( looks smallish from here??)
~~ Is your intake air an open window?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~raised by wolves~sleeps with foxes~cooks for crows~feeds the bears~scrabbles with squids~antisymmetrical~politically agnostic.

Torchering glass since spring '06~ gold cricket & oxycon!~
Old 2010-02-05, 6:11pm
Disconnected

Thanks Cadia! The bendable lamp is a daylight lamp that I got at JoAnn Fabrics, if I remember correctly.
This is the vent I got http://www.luxurymetals.com/dryervent.html in 8" diameter. My intake air comes from an open-air vent at the other end of the cellar, that was installed by the honey for when he used the basement as a boat shop.
And the posters on the wall are old boat pictures!
I really need to try that video thing. I really liked AcidFly's 2nd video, especially the music. It also made me want a good smoke (eventhough I quit 3 months ago, I think I'll always be someone who loves smoking )

Old 2010-02-09, 10:13am
Mary Lockwood

Steve, that second video rocks and really tells the story we all need to know.

I find myself rebuilding my ventilation after an unfortunate ice bomb accident. Insert eye roll here.

Anyway, thanks for your efforts AND especially for sharing them.

The only tests I ever did on mine were with smoke, incense and talcum powder. I stood where my chair usually is and puffed powder into the air and watched it get sucked out. LOL Needless to say, your test is better.

~~Mary