Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2010-10-06, 10:13am
Wooohooo,GS!

Default Glass Stock EAST at Carlisle School of Glass, oh yeah!

Come one, come all, here ye!

Glass Stock East, thats right! We are trying it again, but this time at a venue closer to lodging, etc. It will be at Carlisle School of Glass in Millville, NJ over the Oct 28th, 2011 weekend. The event will be 3 days, Friday the 28th through Sunday, the 30th!!!!

The cost will be $500 for the 3 days with 5 classes, 3 open torch nights, a barbeque and band the last night, thats only $170 a day for super great classes and festivities from 9 am to 10pm! We tried to keep it at $450, but we have to have a minimum budget to make it happen!

We are working on featured instructors now, we would like to have most of them be from the east coast. If you would like to be considered to teach please email me at deb@debcrowley.com by Dec 1st.

I am so excited, this is going to be great and a wonderful venue! Glass Stock (West) was held at Eugene Glass School this last Labor Day and was a HUGE success! It will be held again over Labor Day next year at EGS again, sigh....it was fabulous!

More details soon!

BIG muse-y hugs! deb

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by deb c; 2010-12-27 at 2:09pm.
Old 2010-10-06, 10:20am
state-eternal change

Next year, correct?

Old 2010-10-06, 6:54pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Yes Jody Lee, 2011! That gives ua a year to let more people know.
deb

Old 2010-10-27, 1:44pm
Beyond Cloud 9!

Ooh, very cool.

Old 2010-10-29, 12:41am
Bitten by the travel bug

I cant believe my bad luck. I had to put my leave application in a few weeks ago, so since it was the week of GS west and I knew I wouldnt be able to get any details then, I applied for 4th july weekend, when GS East was planned last year... My leave was granted, and now I have no event to go to I think I might cry.

Old 2010-10-29, 6:43am

Don't cry Suz. We can find something glassy for you to do.
Joan
Old 2010-10-29, 7:45am
Wooohooo,GS!

Aw Suz, I am so sorry! I got your email this week and felt bad...asked to see if we could change it to July again but Carlisle agreed it would be WAY too hot in July with 35 torches going...I am so sorry!

You could come here and play! I wish I could change it for ya!

No way to change it to Oct?

Joan, you are soooo sweet, I just adore you!
(sneaking away feeling bad.....)
deb

Old 2010-11-01, 8:51am
Wooohooo,GS!

Hi all!
Headed to NY and NJ to teach next 3 weeks....I am teaching these shells in both venues, NY Nov 5-7th and NJ 12-14th. Also Crossover Fusing and Soft Glass Sculpting. Hope to see some of you there!

If not, maybe just treat yourself to this tutorial on the shells! I will be checking my emails every 3rd day or so after tomorrow but can email the tuts on the road...just give me time to see it was ordered. I will try and check every other day except travel days.

Lisa, awesome huh? Rockin' both coasts!
Hugs and happy melting!
deb

Old 2010-11-02, 10:36pm
Bitten by the travel bug

Thanks Guys. You're all very sweet.... I am looking into my options at the moment. I spoke to my principal to cancel it today and she told me to resubmit new dates. Problem is, its in the middle of term now (or so I thought), not really adjacent to holidays. I just looked up the term breaks, and term 4 starts on oct 10 - very late next year. I would need to take an extra week and a bit off.... I need to think about it some more. Jason is saying go....

Old 2010-11-06, 3:21pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Hey sweetie! I say just GO too, lol! We MISS YOU Suz!

Marilynne at Studio 34 in Rochester, NY and I are discussing a GS North....we will try and get something going...perhaps for next year, we are thinking June so it isn't too hot or be too close to GS West. Might have to be 2012 but we are sure trying for next year. I have to also fit it around already heavily scheduled classes I am teaching in 2011.

I will let you all know what we come up with asap. I am still in NY teaching, will teach at Carlisle in NJ next weekend and be home around the 22nd.

Hugs, deb

Old 2010-11-08, 8:00pm
Bitten by the travel bug

That could be interesting. The official decision is no to october here. They wont let me teach yr 11 and 12 if I take those 3 weeks off, as its their final classes and exam time.

I would still like to come over next year though, so reconsidering GS West (north might be possible except I ahve to pick a date now) and maybe the gathering as an option....

Old 2010-11-23, 9:43am
Wooohooo,GS!

RavenBraid, woohoo, I sure hope you can!

Just back from teaching at Studio 34 in NY and Carlisle Schhol of Glass in New Jersey, been a fabulous 3 weeks!

The classes were a big hit, lots of new faces/friends and lots of fun!

I will be revamping the Glass Stock East page to reflect the new venue and will make it "reappear" sometime after Thanksgiving. I will then start accepting names for the event Dec 1st. It looks like we should not have to do a lottery draw for East this first year, it does NOT matter when you sign up, as long as you do by first of April!! Then we will notify all of you by email sometime in May of acceptance. You will find more info on the GSEast page coming out by Dec 1st at debcrowley.com

I can't wait to see everyone at Glass Stock East and melt some glass, the Carlisle crew is really excited too!

Happy Holidays!
deb