No users in chat

The Flow

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2009-02-14, 8:35am
Jacqueline Parkes

Default Millefiori

So I have decided to start working with these little beauties. I was inspired yesterday when I saw a display of amazing murano jewelry. I want to buy some very pretty subtle millefiori to use in pressed beads.

Can you people suggest suppliers to me? I wouldn't mind buying from ebayers and etsy sellers in small quantities to start with. I have been searching but so far I have not found anyone.

Thank you

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-02-14, 8:53am
Life is change. Love it

Right here http://www.jetagestudio.com/

Our sweet Renee makes beautiful millefiori.

Old 2009-02-14, 8:58am
Jacqueline Parkes

She does make very beautiful millefiori......and I have bookmarked her. I should of been more specific as I am looking for flower millefiori.

Old 2009-02-14, 11:53am
novembersfyre everywhere

If you want to buy some good quantities of millis to play with at an inexpensive price I highly recommend these people:

http://www.muranomillefiori.com/

Click on products. They have a separate page just for flowers!

Old 2009-02-14, 12:41pm
Logan's mommy

I was just coming on here to suggest Renee as well. lol. Her millefiori is beautiful.

Old 2009-02-14, 3:19pm

I just ordered from Renee for the first time last night and she was so quick to e-mail back. I think she has an exceptional sense of color--can't wait to get my goodies
Old 2009-02-14, 7:44pm
I'm not Barbie.

hehe, I just ordered some too!
Old 2009-02-16, 4:18pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Love it! Thank you thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryBeth View Post
If you want to buy some good quantities of millis to play with at an inexpensive price I highly recommend these people:

Click on products. They have a separate page just for flowers!

Old 2009-02-16, 7:30pm

Thank you for the link! to http://www.muranomillefiori.com/ I'm putting together an order now.

Old 2009-02-16, 7:43pm
novembersfyre everywhere

You are both welcome! I'm always happy to recommend a good business. They have a great selection, reasonable shipping prices, ship fast and take PayPal! What's not to love

Old 2009-02-16, 8:52pm
Oooooh Sparkly!

This might be a dumb question, but does it matter what COE these are?

Old 2009-02-16, 9:11pm
novembersfyre everywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondLilGlass View Post
This might be a dumb question, but does it matter what COE these are?

They are all 104. You can only use them with 104 glass like Effetre/Morreti,
CIM, Lauscha, Vetrofond, etc. I believe they purchase them directly from Effetre.

Not a dumb question

Old 2009-02-17, 10:21am

Thanks so much...I had emailed one of the German lampworkers and asked a basic question about her millefori and asked if she taught in a workshop how to make that type in her beads, but I never heard a word back...so this is the answer that I was looking for. I seem to have so little time to be on the computer so this time it has really paid off...thanks so much, lillie b
Old 2009-02-17, 10:25pm
Burning through glass

Aww, thanks everyone for the support for my little handmade murrini! I love doing this, and I'll try to make this type of murrini for as long as people like it

Gems....I STILL can't remember the site addy I mentioned in my PM! Arg!! But I think the other members here are pointing you in the right direction. I still also suggest ArrowSprings, they have always been good to me, and it seems they have a good selection of the commercial murrini you're after.
I'm gonna try to keep jogging my brain for that site for you!
~Renee Wiggins

Changeable Jewelry, Murrini & MORE!

Custom Supplies:

& Fine Art Beads & Jewelry:

&