LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2010-11-04, 10:35am
To Bead Or Not To Bead

Default Tide Pool Tutorial (aka Aquarium Beads) is finished!

Letting you know that my tutorial is complete along with a full review of the recipe I create to make the beads. All that's required by you is to have some clear frit on hand. It can be purchased at Artfire here:

http://www.artfire.com/modules.php?n...uct_id=2340755

I also have extra baggies of the powder mix for sale on my Artfire site.

http://www.artfire.com/modules.php?n...uct_id=2341026

Thanks for your interest.

Patsy LeBlanc
Attached Images

Ebay:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by killerbeedz1; 2010-11-04 at 1:25pm.
Old 2010-11-04, 10:40am
Burning Fingers!

Looks great- thanks for letting me know - just one question - why is there a charge for shipping if it is an e-file? I must be misunderstanding something. Thanks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/
/

Old 2010-11-04, 10:45am
To Bead Or Not To Bead

The charge is for shipping the package of powder to you that comes with the tutorial. If you want to make your own, I can refund the charge.

Patsy

Ebay:

Last edited by killerbeedz1; 2010-11-04 at 10:50am.
Old 2010-11-04, 11:04am
Burning Fingers!

No, thats great - thanks Patsy - I knew I was not understanding it all. i'm off to make my purchase.

/
/
/

Old 2010-11-04, 11:09am
Burning Fingers!

Woo hoo! Done! Plus I ordered an extra pack of the powder. Can't wait for it to get here! I remember when I first saw the beads in the gallery, I thought how gorgeous they were - sure hope I can get close to that. Thanks for doing this Patsy.

/
/
/

Old 2010-11-04, 11:18am
To Bead Or Not To Bead

Your very welcome Jane. Would love for you to post your results.

Patsy

Ebay:
Old 2010-11-04, 11:44am
Burning Fingers!

Does the tutorial come in the mail with the powder or will it come by email?
Thanks.

/
/
/

Old 2010-11-04, 12:17pm
To Bead Or Not To Bead

I will just be sending the powder in the mail to you. I sent you the pdf file. If you do not see it, check your spam mail folder.

Patsy

Ebay:
Old 2010-11-04, 12:22pm
MacGalver

Patsy, does your tutorial include the recipe for the special powder, or will we always need to purchase the powder from you? Sorry to be dense, but I thought you were just gonna sell the powder (not the recipe), but your comment above sounds like the tutorial includes the recipe? Either way, it looks absolutely great! Good luck with it!

Jo

Old 2010-11-04, 1:03pm
To Bead Or Not To Bead

Hi Jo:

I was flip flopping so much with this tutorial and couldn't make up my mind about how to handle the powder. I decided to add the recipe to the tutorial. So you may buy it from me in smaller quantities in addition to the tutorial. The biggest 1"x 1" baggie will do anywhere from 100-130 small to medium sized beads.

Patsy

Ebay:
Old 2010-11-04, 1:14pm
Burning Fingers!

Thanks Patsy - I have the 2nd one you sent, but not the first. I have read it (should be packing for a show), and it looks great. I can't wait to get the powder and have a go. Thanks so much for doing this.

/
/
/

Old 2010-11-04, 1:23pm
To Bead Or Not To Bead

I will be mailing out powders in the morning.

Patsy

Ebay:
Old 2010-11-04, 1:45pm
MacGalver

Hey Patsy ~ You're a very smart cookie... offering it both ways is the best way to go, in my opinion! There will always be folks who really want to know how to do it themselves, and those who want to know, but also really like the convenience of purchasing the smaller quantities. This way, people can try your technique for a modest price, and then decide how much they want to invest into it. You go girl!

Jo

Old 2010-11-04, 1:47pm
To Bead Or Not To Bead

Thanks Jo.

Patsy

Ebay:
Old 2010-11-04, 2:39pm
Not really a tree.

I'm Artfire challenged, apparently. I sent you a PM. I paid, yet AF says I didn't.

Thanks so much for taking the time to let us know that this was ready!
Kristi

/
Old 2010-11-04, 2:43pm
aka Spawn Of Flame

Mine shows as not paid either!
I paid too - it came OUT of my account anyway. ArtFire just does that sometimes.

--
--
--

Last edited by rosemarie23; 2010-11-04 at 2:46pm.
Old 2010-11-04, 3:35pm
Not really a tree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosemarie23 View Post
Mine shows as not paid either!
I paid too - it came OUT of my account anyway. ArtFire just does that sometimes.
Mine came out of Paypal too. I figured out why it shows as not paid. When I went back to Artfire and looked more closely, it says that you should click the link to go back to AF after you paid. There was a link to click back to Artfire, and one to view your Paypal account overview. I wanted to see how much I still had in Paypal, and clicked that after I made my payment. Didn't realize it would mess up how Artfire records the sale. Crud.

Kristi

/
Old 2010-11-04, 4:15pm
To Bead Or Not To Bead

I've been getting notifications of payment through my email account. I've sent out all of pdf's. If you don't see yours, check your spam folder. Still not there? Please send a pm or email and I will send you the file again.

Patsy

Ebay:

Last edited by killerbeedz1; 2010-11-04 at 10:14pm.
Old 2010-11-04, 6:22pm
Puddy Cat Lover

Got mine!!!! Patsy, it's wonderful. I can't wait to get started. But I'll wait patiently for the magic potion.

J

Old 2010-11-04, 6:29pm
To Bead Or Not To Bead

Thanks Jeanette!

Patsy

Ebay:
Old 2010-11-04, 6:39pm

Just bought it thank you! I need all the help with silver glass I can get and these are simply stunning.

Old 2010-11-04, 9:03pm

Patsy - I got mine too! The beads are so cool - I can hardly wait to get started!

Old 2010-11-05, 5:51am
aka Spawn Of Flame

I'm excited to try these and already have some ideas to expand on it.

Patsy, I just noticed that we joined LE on the very same day. Does that make us twins?

--
--
--

Old 2010-11-05, 6:53am
Not really a tree.

Can't wait to try this! It looks like fun, and the beads you've made are gorgeous.

Kristi

/
Old 2010-11-05, 8:53am

Ordered it! Can't wait to play. Thanks so much for creating this tutorial Patsy!

Dawn
Old 2010-11-05, 10:44am
To Bead Or Not To Bead

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosemarie23 View Post
I'm excited to try these and already have some ideas to expand on it.

Patsy, I just noticed that we joined LE on the very same day. Does that make us twins?
Wow - maybe it does lol.

Patsy

Ebay:
Old 2010-11-05, 10:45am
To Bead Or Not To Bead

Your welcome Dawn.

Patsy

Ebay:
Old 2010-11-05, 4:26pm

How would this do on a HH?

granny
Old 2010-11-05, 4:45pm
To Bead Or Not To Bead

Hi Granny:

The application of the powder would be ok on any glass that you would choose. The powder looks great on a number of colors I've tried it on. However, I am not sure that you can heat the striking glasses hot enough to bring out the colors. I demonstrate how to strike TAG Fire Lotus, Reichenbach Multi Color Dark, and Raku on the tut.

Patsy

Ebay:
Old 2010-11-05, 6:33pm
To Bead Or Not To Bead

All of the powders have been shipped today that were included in the tutorial that was purchased yesterday 9/4 (except orders from Canada). I wasn't able to make it to the post office today to fill out custom forms. Not sure if I have to do that for Canada or not, but I assume so. I cannot print postage from paypal to Canada without paypal charging $10. I wish they would offer the same rates as the USPS does when you go to their counter for service. It would sure make things easier.

Patsy

Ebay: