Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2012-11-20, 12:02pm
...displaced ocean lover

Did you see this?

http://juliefountain.blogspot.co.uk/...-of-glass.html

She has some hearts made from just about every press. Even some that aren't available...which is just mean!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Introducing...MY Etsy!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Now featuring SOCK MONKEY AND SEA TURTLE beads!

....and now with Hot Steeeeenking Peppers!!!

...and Muggle Made Sorting Hats
Old 2012-11-20, 12:24pm
The Harbinger of Cuteness

OMGOMG! I want C! I want C!!!

(Can you tell I'm excited?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo Blaty View Post
Did you see this?

She has some hearts made from just about every press. Even some that aren't available...which is just mean!

~
~

#M-191
Old 2012-11-20, 10:36pm
...displaced ocean lover

see what I mean?!

Introducing...MY Etsy!!

Old 2012-11-21, 8:20am
...displaced ocean lover

I ordered C from Manuela in Germany and Puffy trio from Maria Louisa in Holland.

Now to try and not stalk the postman!

Introducing...MY Etsy!!

Old 2012-11-21, 8:41am
Jacqueline Parkes

Which Lauscha red did you fall in love with? I need to explore my Lauscha stash again.

Quote:
Oh, that is sad and sweet. But it brings up the point that customers want, for various reasons, the heart shaped beads.

I like the heart shape to decorate with scrolls and vines but I never considered myself a "heart person" either. And I never made a red heart...that is until I discovered the most beautiful red from Lauscha ... yum!

I made 5 hearts (which is a LOT of ANYthing for me) out of the Lauscha red and decorated them with SIS vines and maybe a murrini here or there. I'm not sure if it was the color or the shape but they ALL sold at BeadFest. (My first "real" show!)

My point to all that is, at least for me, hearts take too long to shape by hand. Maybe I work too slow or maybe I'm too particular about the shape. At any rate, to get them quicker and a nice, consistent shape I need a press. (presses?????)

Old 2012-11-21, 12:27pm
The Harbinger of Cuteness

Ok, how do I get it and how much will shipping cost me?!

Quote:
see what I mean?!

~
~

#M-191
Old 2012-11-21, 1:24pm

My favourite one, is my hearts and grooves, sadly no longer available, although one came up for sale here not too long ago, so whoever got it was very lucky. They are small and not too puffy. In the UK, in the last month one sold for £155. My second favourite is bavarian bead 3d, which are a very popular size and work very well with the small ones.
Had a puffy one, but wasn't keen, so only made one bead with it and sold it on.

Janet
Old 2012-11-21, 4:25pm
Melody of Glass

Quote:
Bwahahahahaaaaaa...and yes, you are correct.
Same with Beadpress. (Just so you know)

Also, I never heard from Manuela personally but did get an auto-reply that my pressES are on the way. She never answered my question about the mandrel size.
Maria did AND personally let me know that my PRESSES from Holland are on their way as well.
So spill, Roo - which onES did you order??

I ordered a large ammonite, a skull, the hearts and a dog bone Excited to get them.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Coming soon...

Old 2012-11-23, 1:02pm
...displaced ocean lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemsinbloom View Post
Which Lauscha red did you fall in love with? I need to explore my Lauscha stash again.
Christmas red is lovely but my favorite is Radiant Red. It's just fabulous!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliente View Post
So spill, Roo - which onES did you order??

I ordered a large ammonite, a skull, the hearts and a dog bone Excited to get them.
1 x moldin press "Bavarian Heart M real 3D"NEW!
- dowel pins: with $63.55
1 x moldin press "Bavarian 3D Cross"NEW! $63.55

Kicking myself for not ordering the darn skull!!!!! But I think 63 bucks is realllly high for a press that makes only one shape. That's what's kept me from ordering from them until now. But after searching...I REALLY couldn't find hearts like the ones from Bavarian and BeadPress! And I just hate shaping them by hand. Also, hate shaping crosses by hand. I think this cross press will be super hard to use until I get the hang of it but crosses are my downfall. I can do round beads easier than a decent cross. And I HAAATE doing rounds! (just ask Ginny)

Oh yeah, and I also ordered The Puffy Heart Trio and the Love Triangle (I think!) from Beadpress in Holland. I like that their prices are more in line with what Cattwalk and Zoozii's charge.

Introducing...MY Etsy!!

Old 2012-11-23, 1:36pm
...displaced ocean lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyssa View Post
Ok, how do I get it and how much will shipping cost me?!
Shipping from Germany was $12 something...12.95 I think.
I'm not sure what it was from Holland but my bill for 2 presses was about 18 bucks less than 2 presses from Germany. Keeping in mind that the presses were a bit less, I still think shipping may have been less, as well. Or maybe it's included in the price?

Can I stalk the mail guy now, ya think???

Introducing...MY Etsy!!

Old 2012-11-23, 2:08pm
Melody of Glass

I agree, Roo - the prices are a bit high but I loved the shapes. And I was able to talk my self into it with the old "well....if I'm going to pay for shipping from Germany, may as well make it worthwhile". I think you're right that the cross press will be a bugger to learn. I'm sure once you get on to it, you'll be pleased with the results though. I still can't get on to the Dutch site.

I think my shipping for four presses from Bavarian Beads to Canada was 18 euros. Lyssa.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Coming soon...

Old 2012-11-23, 3:01pm
...displaced ocean lover

Well, I almost did that but I HAD to have those PUFFY HEARTS!!!
So, since I was ordering two more presses from Holland...I just couldn't get that skull.

Introducing...MY Etsy!!

Old 2012-11-23, 3:12pm
Melody of Glass

I hear you. It was easier to look at the pricing in Euros than in dollars - didn't seem so bad.

I ordered the half-skull. It looks like it will make great sugar skulls for Day of the Dead pieces. Picturing skulls for Halloween, Santa skulls, skulls for my nephew for Christmas. Hoping that I'm happy with it. I want to stalk the mailman too!

Coming soon...

Old 2012-11-23, 3:16pm
...displaced ocean lover

If you aren't happy with it...there's a buyer in TX for you!

Introducing...MY Etsy!!

Old 2012-11-23, 3:45pm

I love the skull press too...it takes a little time to figure out how much glass you neeed but the results are way cool. I got the flat back style also, I figured it would lay better as a pendant that way.
Roo you made me get out my heart presses and play....I used Cherry Red/ Bullseye and I love the rich color. So glad you made your decisions look forward to seeing you post in the Gallery ..you go gurl!
Old 2012-11-23, 9:43pm
Sheila Davis Designs

Quote:
Did you see this?

Thanks for this! I have a puffy heart press, but I like the flatter fat one too. (C)

Old 2012-11-24, 9:34am
...displaced ocean lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Oops View Post
I love the skull press too...it takes a little time to figure out how much glass you neeed but the results are way cool. I got the flat back style also, I figured it would lay better as a pendant that way.
Roo you made me get out my heart presses and play....I used Cherry Red/ Bullseye and I love the rich color. So glad you made your decisions look forward to seeing you post in the Gallery ..you go gurl!
Dang Lois...You remind me of Pia (who seems to have every press ever made! )

Yes, I agree. I think the flat back one would be a better pendant, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila D. View Post
Thanks for this! I have a puffy heart press, but I like the flatter fat one too. (C)
Sheila, I keep wondering if lately she is having a feeling like people are talking about her. I thought the flat one would be good to decorate and probably lay better as a pendant. But I just LOVE those puffy hearts.

Introducing...MY Etsy!!

Old 2012-11-24, 10:28am
...displaced ocean lover

Default Press are here from The Netherlands!!

Woooot! Look what Postman-Santa brought me today!
The pkg was all beat to hell and back but the presses are safe and sound!

Mailed on the 19th and arrived on the 24th...You Go Holland! Big shout out to Maria Louisa!!!
Attached Images

Introducing...MY Etsy!!

Old 2012-11-24, 12:06pm
Melody of Glass

Oh! So jealous!! Those are beautiful. What fast shipping. That's great.

Stalking the mailman in Canada,
Melody

Coming soon...

Old 2012-11-24, 1:30pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Awesome! did you order from Etsy since their www site is down? I am still waiting for their www site to be working once again.

Old 2012-11-24, 2:25pm
Sheila Davis Designs

Here's a couple I made with the puffy heart press...
Attached Images

Old 2012-11-24, 2:26pm
Jacqueline Parkes

lovely hearts Sheila!

You guys are driving me crazy. I need a heart press haha

Old 2012-11-24, 2:42pm
Sheila Davis Designs

Thanks Jacqueline! I want that flat one too..it just looks like a classic heart. And "you know what" is right around the corner.

Old 2012-11-24, 2:55pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Which one is flat Sheila?

Old 2012-11-24, 4:14pm
...displaced ocean lover

Well...I'm not Sheila, but it's C...from Bavarian.

Introducing...MY Etsy!!

Old 2012-11-24, 4:15pm
...displaced ocean lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliente View Post
Oh! So jealous!! Those are beautiful. What fast shipping. That's great.

Stalking the mailman in Canada,
Melody
If I weren't making the Thanksgiving Gumbo, I'd be making hearts!!!
Stalk away

Introducing...MY Etsy!!

Old 2012-11-24, 4:17pm
...displaced ocean lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemsinbloom View Post
Awesome! did you order from Etsy since their www site is down? I am still waiting for their www site to be working once again.
Nope, J., I must have crashed their site
I ordered from them and she has been down ever since.

Introducing...MY Etsy!!

Old 2012-11-24, 4:19pm
...displaced ocean lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila D. View Post
Here's a couple I made with the puffy heart press...
Lovely examples of exactly why I wanted these PUFFY HEARTS!!!!

Thanks for posting, Sheila!!

Introducing...MY Etsy!!

Old 2012-11-24, 4:21pm
Sheila Davis Designs

This is "C" I think...
http://www.bavarianbeads.com/product...roducts_id=337

Old 2012-11-25, 9:17am
...displaced ocean lover

Yes, that's the one!! I'd stalk today but of course there's no one to stalk on a Sunday!

Introducing...MY Etsy!!

Tags
heart presses, hearts