AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Glacial Art Glass

Old 2008-09-18, 9:53pm
PyronamixK

O.K., I looked at ABR's site and it looks like the hose they have is 1/4" ID x 3/8" OD. They also have 3/8" ID x 1/2" OD hose, too.
Old 2008-09-19, 1:07am

Pipyr thanks for your answer!
I worked only twice with boro: once on a miniCC on tanked oxy and on a Isiheat(german torch) with two concentrators. I think it will be comparable to the last one. I just can't wait to try it out myself!!
Pipyr, thanks for your offer, but I really don't want to give you extra work. I have a rough idea now thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-09-19, 1:37am
I'll get there!

I just got the mail that it has shipped yesterday. I can't wait
Old 2008-09-19, 7:10am
are we there yet?

Thanks Kim, for your answer. I didn't measure the ID -- only noticed that it was stamped on the outside of the hose 3/8" and this was after I had tightened the clamps down. So I'm thinking that what I've got is the 3/8" OD 1/4" ID. I guess I could go back and find my receipt but that might take some looking.

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well make beads. jazz
Old 2008-09-19, 7:23am
Borovangelist

Hey Kimberly,

When's the deadline for the glass challenge? Your PM box is full yet again

Tom

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
Old 2008-09-19, 8:38am
PyronamixK

The Deadline for Glass Challenge is October 31st.

I hope you enter!
Old 2008-09-19, 8:43am
WeBeadTogether

*impatiently waiting*..for the UPS person to arrive

Old 2008-09-19, 9:03am
I poop flowers.

Is there a pic somewhere of all the colors it comes in? I can`t decide which one I want!!

Velvet

"There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate." ---Charles Dickens
Old 2008-09-19, 9:26am
Borovangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbinkster View Post
The Deadline for Glass Challenge is October 31st.

I hope you enter!
I hope so too....time's the bigger challenge

|
|
Old 2008-09-19, 12:00pm

well fired mine up last night. damn its cute and small. didnt make what i had planned as I fired it up, but really like the torch. kept reaching for the blue knob that is not there.
A magnet made with 1" med wall tube and a added lens of I think around 12mm rod. not as fast as I normally make but produce it fast enough. for what this torch is and cost it is in a league of its own and the GTT quality really is out standing. Bargain of a price. thanks

------------------------
Kobuki*Delta Elite*Mirage*Blast Shields*two DeVilbiss 5 LPM* tanks* foot pedal.

Last edited by murf; 2008-09-19 at 12:08pm.
Old 2008-09-19, 12:32pm

It looks great!
12 mm is what I will use, glas to know that it works!

Old 2008-09-19, 4:15pm
WeBeadTogether

I'm so excited.. the UPS guy just delivered mine!!
I just have one question... where do I hook up the hoses?

Just kidding It's beautiful! And it's green!!

Paula

Old 2008-09-19, 4:47pm
I need more boro stuff

I'm so jealous. I'm still waiting for email from GTT saying they are shipping the torch.

At the moment like this, I wish I live in US <sigh>

Old 2008-09-19, 7:13pm
No Problem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by murf View Post
well fired mine up last night. damn its cute and small. didnt make what i had planned as I fired it up, but really like the torch. kept reaching for the blue knob that is not there.
A magnet made with 1" med wall tube and a added lens of I think around 12mm rod. not as fast as I normally make but produce it fast enough. for what this torch is and cost it is in a league of its own and the GTT quality really is out standing. Bargain of a price. thanks
This is awesome, really nice murf! A very promising example of what this torch can do. I have one ordered to hold me over until I get my Phantom and was really glad to see this. Thanks for sharing.

(Beau & Shani)

Old 2008-09-19, 8:54pm
WeBeadTogether

Murf... WOW, very nice!
Thank you also for sharing.

Paula

Old 2008-09-21, 7:30am
I poop flowers.

I am waiting for a refund from a disastrous grooming seminar I took last weekend in Hershey, PA. It will pay for my torch, so I`m glad it was disastrous. I have the colors narrowed down to red, orange, or sparkle purple. If anyone has ordered any of those colors, please post a pic here so I can see what it looks like!! Actually, just the red or orange, I believe we have a pic of the sparkle purple.

Velvet

"There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate." ---Charles Dickens
Old 2008-09-21, 9:14am
PyronamixK

Here is a picture of the Crickets we took to The Gathering, including a red one with red knobs. The bases are silver for the Crickets being made now.
Old 2008-09-21, 10:05am
I poop flowers.

Ok, saw that pic, but wasn`t sure that red torch was red or orange, kind of looks like it could be either one. They also describe the pink as "hot" pink, but in that pic it looks like pastel. Decisions, decisions....... lol

Velvet

Old 2008-09-22, 10:00am
Ellyloo-YAH!

I got a package in the mail today..*glee*
Can't wait!

Old 2008-09-22, 1:15pm
Sheila

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahlamodie View Post
Ok, saw that pic, but wasn`t sure that red torch was red or orange, kind of looks like it could be either one. They also describe the pink as "hot" pink, but in that pic it looks like pastel. Decisions, decisions....... lol
I got a hot pink one for my sister. It is definitely hot pink and not pastel.

Hopefully I get to fire mine up this afternoon!

Old 2008-09-22, 3:27pm
I need more boro stuff

WOHHOOO!!! I received an email when I get back from work this morning... the torches are on the way last weekend

Old 2008-09-22, 7:26pm
Evil Glass Enabler

Thumbs up

The manipulated picture of the sparkle purple looks EXACTLY like the real deal. Angelique

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahlamodie View Post
I am waiting for a refund from a disastrous grooming seminar I took last weekend in Hershey, PA. It will pay for my torch, so I`m glad it was disastrous. I have the colors narrowed down to red, orange, or sparkle purple. If anyone has ordered any of those colors, please post a pic here so I can see what it looks like!! Actually, just the red or orange, I believe we have a pic of the sparkle purple.

Fantasy Sterling Jewelry
Hothead or Nortel Major/minor on an oxycon. Ex-hole stole the big torches after putting them on the inventory.
"If I'm not part of the solution then I'm part of the problem. Today I'm part of the problem."
Old 2008-09-22, 8:29pm
Ellyloo-YAH!

I gotta get new hoses. *sigh*
Just a LITTLE bit more time...

Old 2008-09-23, 1:14am
I need more boro stuff

I woke up in the arvo and the torches are here !!!

Old 2008-09-23, 5:07am
I poop flowers.

I`m ordering my torch today!!!

Gonna get the orange one!!

Velvet

Old 2008-09-23, 6:28am

only 6 days from USA to Czech Republic (including Toll office), wow allmost unbelivable, usually it takes weeks, even months.
Hmm, i have to buy new hoses.
One question, in the manual, there is "if you use propane, set the regulator to 5lbs of pressure", does it mean that the outgoing pressure should be 5psi?

Another question, will you use flashback arrestors for the Cricket?
Old 2008-09-23, 6:36am
Sheila

I've read that the chances of a flashback on a surface mix torch (like the Cricket) are very low, but I have arrestors anyway. I just wouldn't be comfortable without them. That and I'm somewhat skeptical about "facts" I read on forums and so I play it pretty conservative.

Old 2008-09-23, 8:32am
are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellyloo View Post
I gotta get new hoses. *sigh*
Just a LITTLE bit more time...
Me too. I ordered them yesterday from ABR and they are to arrive today. Can't wait.

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well make beads. jazz
Old 2008-09-23, 11:53am

Oh boy! I'm sitting here bound to the house waiting for UPS to deliver my purple Cricket.

I ordered it last Thursday so that's very fast service! Hurry up already ! lol

Old 2008-09-23, 1:28pm
are we there yet?

Yippee, I got my tubing today; will be torchin tonight.