Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2008-09-22, 7:50pm
Glass Graffiti

Default My New Studio!

My new studio is the cats pajamas! My old studio was...well it was kinda my whole house. Kitchen, dining room, spare room, den, they were all used for beads or crafts in some way. Well I recently moved in with my Fiance and have carved out a little area for myself where I can have all my stuff in one place!

Along the wall on the left is a table with enough room for packing/shipping stuff, an area for cleaning beads (we dont have a sink in the basement yet) and a little photography area. I have my kiln on a rolling metal toolbox so it can be away from everything. My fan is a 877 cfm squirrel cage fan that vents to the back yard. The center table is for jewelry making and other crafts. And there's plenty of storage for supply's and more glass!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-09-22, 8:17pm
I wanna go back...

Whitney, that big smile on your face says it all!

Congratulations! It looks like a great space to work in!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Andrea: A newbie with a HotHead, bulk MAPP and a Chili Pepper.
Old 2008-09-23, 5:29am
Glass Graffiti

Thanks! I really like it. I need to get some color on the walls though. Some paint or posters. That drab gray cement is starting to affect my beads

Old 2008-09-23, 5:34am

Know you will enjoy. Looks roomy too.
Have fun.
Janet
Old 2008-09-23, 6:19am
birdergirl ~o~

Great space!

~raised by wolves~sleeps with foxes~cooks for crows~feeds the bears~scrabbles with squids~antisymmetrical~politically agnostic.

Torchering glass since spring '06~ gold cricket & oxycon!~
Old 2008-09-23, 10:08am
I poop flowers.

That is a great space, really!
Um, except for one thing....anyone?

Velvet

"There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate." ---Charles Dickens
Old 2008-09-23, 10:08am
I poop flowers.

Love your avatar bead, btw!!!!

Velvet

"There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate." ---Charles Dickens
Old 2008-09-23, 10:22am
Pyromaniac

What, the propane?

Very nice space!

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage

Old 2008-09-23, 4:57pm
Glass Graffiti

hehehe yea I was pretty sure that was the one thing (I read the safety forums) There are plans in the works to remedy the situation but I just couldn't wait to start making beads while the plan comes to fruition.

I don't want to spark a huge discussion. So I'll just say "I'm workin on it"!

Thanks for all the nice comments!

Old 2008-09-24, 3:25am
Pyromaniac

I may get flamed for this, but bottom line is, it is your choice. I've read all the stuff too, and my propane is in my garage where I torch. I have plans to get it out when I do my studio remodel, but for now, its there and the garage door stays open when I torch.

Have you decided on a color for the walls?

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage

Old 2008-09-24, 6:37am
Glass Graffiti

I wanna do something really funky on the walls like Graffiti or something like that. Something that will be very colorful and inspiring...I don't know if that will fly with the Fiance though I think I might just start hanging some colorful posters for now. It really does need some "warming up".

Old 2008-09-25, 1:16pm

I'm drooling! what a great space to work in! congratulations.
Jen
Old 2008-09-27, 11:14am
Pyro Tyro

Yeah, I'm drooling too. My workspace is a counter in my kitchen (or should I see the counter in my kitchen) which is about 2.5ft x 4ft.

It's a great space. Enjoy!

Happy creating.

- Jill

Old 2008-09-28, 10:16pm
Maria B @ Indone6ix

Congrats, what a great space to melt glass!

Old 2008-09-29, 11:26am
Rare Florida Native

Nice space Whitney - like the way you set up that exhaust and love your glass storage.
Happy torching!

Old 2008-10-01, 4:37pm
Glass Graffiti

Thanks Everybody! I am having some fun...now I just need to post some pics!

Old 2008-10-03, 1:55pm

Congrats! Isn't it nice to have everything in one space. We were also taking over the entire house.