Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2010-06-12, 9:41pm
Wooohooo,GS!

hey, don't be scared peeps.....it'll be over before you know it!
deb

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-06-12, 10:38pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

The one thing I hear over, and over, and over again RIGHT after
someone does their first demo is always "what the hell was I so
worried about???" Never fails. I have yet to hear anyone EVER say
anything different. Ok, granted, it might be an HOUR or so after
their demo (after the adrenaline has left their system ) but
they always say it was no where NEAR as bad or scary as they
imagined it would be. And to most people, it's so anticlimactic,
that they spend the NEXT GS comforting people and telling
them it's no biggie.

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2010-06-13, 12:29am
I like to melt things

I don't think I'm scared, just clueless

I am really excited about the event. To be honest, I'm more worried about my hat than about my demo. lol

-
-
Old 2010-06-13, 5:45am

Last year was my first year. I just sat there and made a bead. No advance plan. Just checked the glass box to see what was pretty and made a bead. No stress. Remember, it's just glass.
Joan
Old 2010-06-13, 8:10am
Wooohooo,GS!

Karen, you should be an ambassador to everywhere....you are just incredible, xoxoxoxo

Melanie, the hats are just for fun, not mandatory but really inventive and just plain fun. Plus good prizes for contests!

Joan, perfectly said too! Remember everyone, we all started with about the same bead!

Well, we decided to make chocolate/espresso martinis last night and play Wii. I had had one hard alcohol drink in 10 years (Vegas epic journey, the tall margarita Denver lunch, lol, long story I will share at GS, ROFL!) and I drank 4 huge glasses, they taste like a milkshake, dangerously delicious! Doing great this am...and WOW, the 100 pin bowling is really fun slightly buzzed....

Hugs, deb

Old 2010-08-29, 8:45am

It's getting close!!!!!!

Michelle
Old 2010-08-29, 8:03pm
Angel's Mom

If you're lucky (like I was last year), you'll be doing your demo at the same time as some other fabulous artists like Deb, Patty, Teague, Jill, Roze, or any of the fabulous boro boys, so no one will be looking and you can make your bead/murrinis/twisties quietly and go watch the others.

Really, it's not a big deal, it's low stress, and everyone is rooting for you. And even if it flops, they will still let you stay and have fun with the other amazingly awesome attendees!

3 days!
Old 2010-08-30, 11:11pm

Hello all. I just found out a week ago that I'm going to be able to come, so am in scramble mode to get everything ready I have only really been doing glass since the beginning of June, so am pretty new at all of it. I am thinking of just making this simple bead with mixed color (mix a transparent color with white or ivory and then make a bead out of it)...comes out looking like swirled clouds or something. The other thing I was thinking of was making the Beer glass/Root Beer Float glass bead which is actually something I read how to do on LE somewhere (though now that I want to remember who wrote the tut, I can't find the link). Thoughts? (suggestions also welcome, I have pictures of what I've been playing around with so far at beadandflame.wordpress.com)
Old 2010-08-31, 6:00am

Do the one you have the most fun making.
Old 2010-08-31, 6:56am
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by moldyglass View Post
Do the one you have the most fun making.
Exactly! Personally, I'd vote for the beer glass!!! I know the
tutorial of which you speak - and I'd LOVE to see it demoed.
(ya couldn't possibly screw it up any worse than I've already
done . Mine looked like a horse's ass with a handle).

Old 2010-08-31, 7:33am

Hey, Alana ~ Your mug came out great! Go for it! See ya soon.

Old 2010-08-31, 7:00pm

Ok, then, going for the beer/root beer float mug Now to start packing for my fight tomorrow night LOL
Old 2010-09-07, 11:20am
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Okay - all over. Any newbies to Glass Stock have any feedback on how their demo went???

Old 2010-09-07, 11:49am

Default GS newbie here

The demo was not only painless, it was fun... not at all what my anxiety was expecting!!
Cyndi
Old 2010-09-07, 11:57am
Mandrel Slayer

Easy peasy!

Nothing right now

What happens in Rockland, stays in Rockland.....
Hellcat, Two M-15s, propane and finally no tanked oxy.
Old 2010-09-07, 1:07pm
I like to melt things

The demo was fine and low stress, but I think it would have been better if there was a little more structure and there was only one or two (max) going on at each table at the same time.

It made it really hard to watch other people's demos that there were so many going on at once, and it was also a little unrewarding that everyone's attention was so split after we'd all worked so hard to plan what we were going to do.

Overall, WAY less stressful than I had anticipated though. Great icebreaker, too

-
-
Old 2010-09-07, 6:32pm

Demo was no big deal. I happened to be demoing at the same time as Deb and two other rock stars, so no one was watching me anyways In fact, I think it was a lot smaller than I meant it to be because I kept watching out of the corner of my eye the other demos going on at the table I was at!