Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2012-07-20, 7:25pm

Nice job on the knife Morgan is there a place where you buy the knife blade or do you fabricate you own?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2012-07-20, 7:32pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisann View Post
That is cool Morgan, next one I think you should do some kinda cool design as a mask then sand blast so you have the design all shiny boro goodness. Just an idea it might be a nice contrast
Chrisann
Thanks, yeah I have not done a negivtive design yet, soon as I get a handle on how to use the photo vinyl

#C-151
Old 2012-07-20, 7:35pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb tarry View Post
Nice job on the knife Morgan is there a place where you buy the knife blade or do you fabricate you own?
Hi Deb this particular shape I got from a guy in india on ebay. my goal is to eventually collaborate with a local knife maker
I do some forging but not knives I wish I had the room and time for knife blades
My next step is to make PMC fittings between the blade and the handle so far my attemps have failed but I hope to make it work

#C-151

Last edited by Baywinger; 2012-07-20 at 7:37pm.
Old 2012-07-21, 6:54am

If I was looking on ebay would I call them knife blanks, knife blade? Did you have a good experience with you supplier if so would you send my his or her info to me? I would love to make one for my son who is a knife collector. Or maybe you would be interested in selling one that you have made, partial trade with some cash?

Old 2012-07-21, 12:17pm

Deb I would be happy to do either.
are you going to the gathering?
well postive I would say I did have a mix up in that on my third order from him they got the number incorrect and while it took time to correct as the shipping and customs clearance is SLOW! they did correct the issue I do like the blades and the price is resonable I mostly use him because of the tang diameter, most of the other damascus blanks are way to wide, the blue handled knife I did had a half inch wide tang so I had to use a pipe for my mandrel.

#C-151
Old 2012-07-21, 12:29pm
Miss my BoBo Griff

Morgan, is the tang notched or smooth?

Old 2012-07-22, 1:42am

two notches up near the blade them smooth, thought the tang is also damascus so it has grooves

#C-151