Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2014-04-28, 12:05am
Naysayer

Default Must Have Reichenbach 104 Colors?

I don't use their glass enough for some reason, tell..and better yet show, some favorites of yours please

I buy Multicolor (and Dark), Raku of course, Silver Brown, that's all I've tried.
Old 2014-04-28, 6:28am
Lampworkaholic!

All of them.

OK, Lilac, Opal Raspberry, Caramel, Purple Rose, Mystic Violet, Gold Violet, Pink Lady, Ocean, Aqua and Deep Black.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2014-04-28, 6:32am

I love Pearl Beige as a base for other colors. Tends to be non-reactive so it's great to layer silver glass over.

editted to correct color name. I also have Mystic Beige but don't like it as well as Pearl Beige. Mystic Beige has more transparent wispies!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by MagpieGlass; 2014-04-28 at 11:38am.
Old 2014-04-28, 6:32am

Dense Blue, Silver Brown (both reactive), Opal Raspberry are my faves.

Old 2014-04-28, 8:52am

Agree with opal rasberry. Never want to run out.

Old 2014-04-28, 9:49am
Loving learning

Subscribing to this thread for next time I need to order some Reichenbach!
Old 2014-04-28, 4:45pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

The ones I order over and over are deep black (aka dense black), opal raspberry and strawberry. Strawberry is a gorgeous, juicy true red and photographs beautifully, even under fluorescent light.

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Old 2014-04-28, 10:48pm
Naysayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth Beads View Post
All of them.

OK, Lilac, Opal Raspberry, Caramel, Purple Rose, Mystic Violet, Gold Violet, Pink Lady, Ocean, Aqua and Deep Black.
ROFL! That's how I feel, so I need help starting. Or...I need to win the lottery.

Thanks for the list so far
Old 2014-05-01, 1:15pm

The Iris Dense Blue is a really lovely reactive. I'm also fond of Ocean, and their "mystic" line is great if you like that shimmery effect.
Old 2014-05-01, 3:28pm
Artistically Absorbed

Don't forget the clear either. It is a little stiffer than the other 104 clears which can be helpful in some instances.

Believe in Yourself and Anything is Possible!
SRA Artist A64

Old 2014-05-01, 4:14pm
Irish Eyes A Smiling

So...lit is Reichenbach 104 you are talking about....right???

Old 2014-05-02, 12:14am
I like to melt things

I really love Mystic Coral, Mystic Beige, Aqua, and Porcelain.

-
-
Old 2014-05-02, 11:26pm
Got space flowers?

I always use the dense black for stringer work and I like silver brown. I like the clear, but do not use it with silver glass anymore as there have been some incompatibilty.
Raku of course too

Karin

Old 2014-05-03, 11:30pm
Naysayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly Irish Girl View Post
So...lit is Reichenbach 104 you are talking about....right???
If you mean me, yes
Old 2014-05-04, 8:10am

Opal Raspberry is my favorite - it's a nice, deep medium pink that doesn't fade or go purple-y.