LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2007-04-05, 8:38am

Default Were to buy glass and supplies in europe?

Hi
Some european people here?
I'm from Norway and wonder if somebody has a glass-website to recommend.In the Uk ,or closest to Norway as possible.I wanna buy a lentil-press,glassrod cutter,and maybe some silvermesh and foil.
I also wanna buy some clear glass to use with moretti,what is the best choice?
I don't wanna use moretti anymore,I always get alot of bubbles
It would be very practical if I could buy all this from the same shop.

lampwork_newbie
Old 2007-04-05, 10:11am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

www.sansiera.nl

she speaks excellent english and has a nice selection of different brands, such as lauscha, moretti, reichenbach, czech glass, and Glass alchemy borosilicate

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2007-04-05, 1:51pm

There is a forum that might help = frithappens
http://www.frit-happens.co.uk/forum/

also -
United Kingdom
Sarn Glass Crafts - e-mail to hbrodtsavage@gmail.com

Belgium – Glassworks! http://www.glassworks.be/

Germany
Uwe Sulger - for info please e-mail uwe.sulger@glassulger.de
Gunnar Haag - www.beadbox.de
GlasDesign - e-mail glasdesign-volkmann@t-online.de

France
Frederic Marey –
e-mail to fmarey@wanadoo.fr or www.frederic-marey.com

Netherlands
René Pronk
StainedGlass.nl
Reuzenpandasingel 76
1704 VP Heerhugowaard
Netherlands
Tel. 0031640085470
rene@stainedglass.nl
www.stainedglass.nl
glashobby.forumup.nl
Old 2007-04-05, 2:08pm

Thank you bothI'm gonna check these websites now.......
Old 2007-04-06, 5:47am
hooked, completely!!!

hi, we are glassworks.be and we have recently shipped quite a lot of glass to sweden and norway?.. not sure why, maybe our name popped up on a forum out there?.. i can recommend the frithappens.co.uk forum for european lampworkers - very friendly, happy and welcoming bunch of people!!

Old 2007-04-06, 7:41pm

Smile

Thank you for this valubale info.
it is 4 am in my part of the world. my dog woke me up barking at the wind so i figured lets check the forum.... wow great info
thank you all
Old 2007-04-07, 1:37am

glassworks ,thanksI'll check that our
nana, Are you from the UK?
Old 2007-04-17, 8:03am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampwork_newbie:) View Post
Hi
I'm from Norway and wonder if somebody has a glass-website to recommend.In the Uk ,or closest to Norway as possible.I wanna buy a lentil-press,glassrod cutter,and maybe some silvermesh and foil.

lampwork_newbie
Hey,
give jan.melin@essemce.se a try. He is the distributor for KUGLER in Scandinavia and is selling tools, sticks and glassblowing colors. glass-diary
Old 2007-06-29, 9:27am
Susanne

You've got a retailer i Norway to, GlassForum AS, http://www.mamut.no/glassforum

Not too cheap though, but on the other hand your freight cost will be lower.
Old 2007-07-01, 2:42am
hooked, completely!!!

we have signed a courier deal which gives flat rate shipping to most countries of up to 31,5kg all for one price..

this is as a direct result of customer requests to give certainty and to simplify the shipping issues.. now, one price for the courier allows up to about 60lb's worth of stuff - recorder from the moment it is picked up from us to the moment it is delivered..

we are thinking of making this our standard shipping to the states too - but we need to squeeze their rates down a bit more as they significantly higher than postal rates at this time..

Old 2007-07-03, 2:11am

The company's email addresses were posted for, do they not have websites at all? I am one of those lazy people who can't be bothered to email for a list of products or a catalog.
would I have to email them to request a catalog do you know?
I'm always on the look out for glass suppliers etc!

Old 2008-08-14, 5:19am
Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarsigirl View Post
There is a forum that might help = frithappens
http://www.frit-happens.co.uk/forum/

Germany
Uwe Sulger - for info please e-mail uwe.sulger@glassulger.de
Glassulger does have a webshop to. The adress is http://www.glassulger.de wich will direct you to some really complicated adress Nice people there.

Visit

Visit my homepage

FaceBook

Blog

# F-63
Old 2009-05-09, 8:00am

Default European website

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampwork_newbie:) View Post
Hi

lampwork_newbie
Try www.glashobby-webshop.nl, we have a lot of customers from all over Europe, and a large website.
Old 2009-05-09, 12:01pm

Default suppliers in UK

hello Norway
I'm in the UK and get most of my supplies from Tuffnell Glass here
http://www.tuffnellglass.com
they're friendly, fast and good value.
Try them to see if they ship overseas
good luck
John
Old 2009-05-09, 2:58pm

Hi Norway

My new favorite Clear Glass is Kugler! You'll find it at

http://www.glassulger.de

Grüassli from Switzerland
Martina

GTT-Scorpion, Carlisle Lucio Burner / 2x8l 17.5psi concentrators
Old 2009-05-10, 4:25pm
Lauscha Lady

Hi Ellie - I saw your post and read you are from Swindon. I'll be in Swindon at the end of this month for a week! Then I'm off to Lauscha for a few days. hehehe - if you're looking for Lauscha Glass or DH, pm me, I may be able to bring over a small order.

Having said that, although I'm not in Europe - in Canada, I do ship overseas regularly. Ask me about the under 2 kilo shipping rate. /grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblebabeuk View Post
The company's email addresses were posted for, do they not have websites at all? I am one of those lazy people who can't be bothered to email for a list of products or a catalog.
would I have to email them to request a catalog do you know?
I'm always on the look out for glass suppliers etc!

Old 2009-05-11, 7:10am
I fart diamonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fru Babsan View Post
Glassulger does have a webshop to. The adress is http://www.glassulger.de wich will direct you to some really complicated adress Nice people there.
The website is in German (pretty easy to figure out what you need), but Uwe speaks English very well (at least via email) and is pretty quick to answer emails. I've ordered from them a couple of times. The prices are good, shipping is fast and the shipping charges are not outrageous. (I'm in Florida.)

Old 2009-05-11, 10:43am

Hello newbie. We are in the U.S. but happily ship to Europe! We use flat rate boxes to save you money too..Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2009-05-11, 8:20pm

When I lived in Switzerland I bought from http://www.creative-glass.com/ They have always been helpful, lovely & very supportive.
Old 2009-05-12, 3:24am

Hello .
I live in Norway,and have ordered from Tufnell,England.It was a slow delivery,but it was partly because of my Norwegian name and adress,with funny letters.HeHe

Old 2009-05-16, 9:23am
Tonbodama Murrini maker

We ship to abroad on a regular base.
And are familiar with shipping to countries such as German, Norway, Russian Federation, Austria, Latvia, UK and many more countries troughout Europe.

Our website is Multi langual in Dutch - English and German unfortunately my French is no good so unless i take a coarse it will not be an option.

If you have any questions you can always send me an e-mail

www.fritenglas.nl
info@fritenglas.nl

Currently on a Knight Bullet and 2 oxycons and tanked oxy

|
|
|
|
|
|
Old 2009-05-18, 7:45am

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy View Post
We ship to abroad on a regular base.
And are familiar with shipping to countries such as German, Norway, Russian Federation, Austria, Latvia, UK and many more countries troughout Europe.

Our website is Multi langual in Dutch - English and German unfortunately my French is no good so unless i take a coarse it will not be an option.

If you have any questions you can always send me an e-mail

www.fritenglas.nl
info@fritenglas.nl

I highly recommend Chrissy, she's going to be carrying a new product pretty soon.....

She'll carry the beadrollers for the European market.

Donna Felkner -
-
-
-
Old 2009-05-18, 8:38am
I speak Murrini!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgbeads View Post
I highly recommend Chrissy, she's going to be carrying a new product pretty soon..... She'll carry the beadrollers for the European market.
...AND she's a great artist, helpful and one of the sweetest people you'll ever meet!!!

De

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2009-05-19, 9:07am
Tonbodama Murrini maker

Thanks Donna and De

Currently on a Knight Bullet and 2 oxycons and tanked oxy

|
|
|
|
|
|
Old 2009-05-26, 9:30pm
Frit frit and more frit!

Don't forget me for your frit needs!
Old 2011-07-14, 5:18am

Hi guys, we are based in the UK and we ship worldwide and quickly!

http://www.tuffnellglass.com/
Old 2013-04-29, 1:58pm

Hellowww together!
www.graphite24.com from Germany.
We offer customized graphite lampworktools.
Right at the moment our website is available in german.
Soon we will be online with the english site.

Best regards from Bad Neuenahr
Graphitjunge
Old 2013-05-13, 1:41pm

ONLINE in English

Pretty soon available in our shop
Attached Images

Old 2013-05-14, 2:36am
Susanne

I buy most of my stuff at www.tuffnellglass.com in GB. They are great!

Visit

Visit my homepage

FaceBook

Blog

# F-63
Old 2019-01-23, 11:01am

Default Ammonite Marver available again!

Hey hey!
Finally we relaunched our website and are now available again:
Please Check out our new site: www.graphite24.com

Orders for the ammonite marver:
Code: „shop2019“ get 10% off!!!

Best regards

Graphitjunge