Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Beads of Courage > Beads of Courage

Beads of Courage -- Discussion for all things Beads of Courage; the only not-for-profit, arts-in-medicine program putting to use the talents of glass beadmakers to uplift children dealing with life threatening illnesses, their families and the people who care for them. Families, clinicians and artists alike are welcome to join in! (Thank you to Lampwork Etc. for supporting Beads of Courage and helping to foster communication!) PHOTOS OF INDIVIDUALS OR CHILDREN ONLY ALLOWED WITH THEIR SPECIFIC CONSENT.

Old 2013-07-10, 9:04am
novembersfyre everywhere

Default Delivery Issues

I sent a package in for the thirty bead challenge last Friday. It arrived in Tucson on Monday but was not actually delivered - a notice was left. I've noticed that as of this morning the package status has not changed. Is this normal for BOC? I'd hate to have the beads sent back to me - I really want the kids to have them. The DC number is: 9405509699939062953743.

I'll post a picture in a little while. I hope to begin doing this on a regular basis
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-07-10, 9:08am
Mr Brutus RIP

MaryBeth, I just checked mine and it says same thing. not sure whats up with this, I hope they get them. I'd hate to see them get sent back to us......
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2013-07-10, 9:10am

I don't believe that this is normal procedure at HQ. There should have been someone there to accept the package unless they tried to deliver at an odd hour. I've had packages turn up at my house as late as 8pm, so if they came that late there wouldn't be anyone there. Why is still hasn't been delivered is a bit of a mystery, I'll see if I can find out what's happening with it.

Robert
Old 2013-07-10, 9:17am
novembersfyre everywhere

Thanks, Robert!

Old 2013-07-10, 11:56am
Mr Brutus RIP

Thank you Robert!!

Old 2013-07-10, 12:03pm

It says a notice was left at 10:20AM.
I think once the notice is left the package sits at the PO until its picked up or time runs out.

Old 2013-07-10, 3:01pm

The front office has been notified and they tell me that they're checking. It makes it easier if I have a full name to track so if you don't mind, please PM me your name if I need to track something for you.

Thank you for all you do for Beads of Courage!

Robert
Old 2013-07-10, 3:44pm
novembersfyre everywhere

I sent you all of the information I have on my package. Thanks, Robert!

Old 2013-07-10, 4:24pm
novembersfyre everywhere

Since I have them I thought I'd post the pics of what I sent. And, not to worry - if for some reason they come back to me I will resend them. I realize that if that happens they won't qualify for the 30 bead challenge anymore but that's not important. It's important that some child might get a smile from one of these:

Old 2013-07-10, 4:40pm

Those are AWESOME!
Old 2013-07-10, 5:05pm

Mary Beth: truly awesome beads. The will put smiles on a lot of faces.
Old 2013-07-10, 5:33pm

Girl, those are Awesome! Sure to bring many smiles!

Old 2013-07-10, 6:02pm
Mr Brutus RIP

Oh Marybeth, those are adorable!!! The kids are going to love them!!

robert, I'm going to check mine and if it still says the same I will pm you my info.
thanks
sue

Old 2013-07-10, 6:05pm
novembersfyre everywhere

Thanks, guys! I sure hope my beads and Sue's turn up!

Old 2013-07-10, 6:06pm
Mr Brutus RIP

Robert, sent you a pm with my info too......

Fingers crossed Marybeth!!

Old 2013-07-10, 6:41pm

Mary Beth..they are wonderful!
"

Old 2013-07-10, 8:03pm

Wonderful beads, I'm sure that we'll track them down. Thanks for the PMs, we'll get this sorted out. I don't want any of these beautiful beads to go anywhere but to the kids who need them most.
Robert
Old 2013-07-10, 11:20pm
Loving learning

Mary Beth, those are wonderful! Maybe it was a simple glitch like the delivery person coded it wrong.
Old 2013-07-11, 5:46am

It looks like there were some scanner issues with the delivery guy. There was someone in the office on Monday so everything should be in place. I hope that they get the receipts out quickly.

Robert
Old 2013-07-11, 9:31am
novembersfyre everywhere

Quote:
It looks like there were some scanner issues with the delivery guy. There was someone in the office on Monday so everything should be in place. I hope that they get the receipts out quickly.

Robert
So it sounds like they have it! Thanks so much for checking, Robert! I'm not concerned about the receipt.

Old 2013-07-11, 9:46am
Against the Grain

Mary Beth those are wonderful beads. So cute, colorful, and cheery. Bless your little heart for making them.

Old 2013-07-11, 10:56am
novembersfyre everywhere

Robert did just let me know that they do have my beads! A big thank you to Robert and Michelle for checking on them! Here's hoping they have Sue's also!

Thanks for the compliments, everyone. This challenge was helpful to me also. I don't believe I've ever made tube beads before - they were a lot of fun! I really enjoyed experimenting with different color combinations and I can see donating a lot more of these in the future

Old 2013-07-13, 8:25am
Echo's Mother

Those are really cute beads. Bright and happy colors.
Old 2013-07-13, 10:44am

Good Job Robert...

Lead, follow, or get out of Robert's way!

Old 2013-07-13, 11:04am
Mr Brutus RIP

Yup, mine made it too!! Thank you Robert!

Heres some of the ones I sent. I never took a count and packed them all up LOL

sue
Attached Images

Old 2013-07-13, 12:30pm
Loving learning

So cute! Love the windshild wipers on the car.
Old 2013-07-13, 1:08pm
novembersfyre everywhere

Sue, those are adorable! I love the chicken in the field of flowers!

Old 2013-07-13, 5:40pm
Mr Brutus RIP

Thanks ladies. I was trying to challenge myself to make a bunch of different ones using my new slim kera press.
. I got puppies, a cow, chicken and even the cupcake. Lol. It's fun trying to come up with fun things for the kids.

Old 2013-07-14, 6:30pm

Sue and Mary Beth, those are great looking beads!

That's why I'm learning to make Beads of Courage