Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Old 2009-07-16, 2:38pm

Default How do you connect 2 oxycons?

Would someone please explain how to hook up 2 oxy cons? Pictures and parts would be great. Thanks in advance.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Marianne
Mkdisegni
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-07-16, 2:46pm
Gentleman of Leisure

Several example ready on forum if you do a little search.......

But very basic is you get two connectors that fit oxycons , or push on hoses (barbed adapter on oxycon)... bring both hoses down to a "Y" or "T" connector and third port on connector goes to torch....

Dale

Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal
Old 2009-07-16, 2:47pm

This is from a post I did last year about the same question. Sorry, no pictures right now:

It depends on the connections on your concentrators. If they have hose barbs, then it is an easy thing. You will need two three pieces of tubing and a T connector. If your concentrators have B fittings for torch hoses, to screw in, it is a bit more difficult. You can either try to make a T fitting that has the B size fittings or convert them to barbed connections. B fittings are hard to find outside of welding shops. They are different than the brass pipe, flare, and compression fittings at most hardware stores.

I did this Saturday, and it wasn't too hard. My original concentrator was set up with a B connection. My new one had a plastic adapter from a B connection to a hose barb. I tried to find another adapter at Lowes and Home Depot (9pm Saturday, they were the only things open) and had no luck. Luckily though the B connection on my older concentrator was really an adapter from a standard brass pipe fitting to the B fitting. I was able to get a fitting that converted from the brass pipe thread to a hose barb. This cost $1.40 or so. I got 20 feet of 1/4 inch inside diameter vinyl hose for $2.96 and a 1/4 inch plastic T for $1.22 at Lowes. I put the new tube barb adapter on the old concentrator instead of the B fitting adapter. I then cut the tubing into sections to go to each concentrator and the two top parts of the plastic T. I then cut a piece of tubing to go from the bottom of the T to the oxygen barb on the torch. All told under $6 for the connection.

Cheers,

Torch Ho... GTT Mirage, Carlisle CC, GTT Cheetahs, GTT Lynxes, and others on tanked O2.
Old 2009-07-17, 3:49am
Striking-impared...

And don't forget that the vendors selling concentrators also usually sell the Y connectors as well. Mine came with an end that screwed into the O2 hose, which worked beautifully.

Old 2009-07-17, 5:30am
Who me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasminann View Post
And don't forget that the vendors selling concentrators also usually sell the Y connectors as well. Mine came with an end that screwed into the O2 hose, which worked beautifully.
Or you can get them at you local welding supple store where you buy your mandrels.