LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2009-08-04, 10:30am

I second Loco's rant.......except the extra personalities in my head...I stand firmly with a jar of Fusion on my work in my studio.

Theresa....I use fusion with my large mandrels with excellent results. Now I never dip mandrels without first using sandpaper on them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-08-15, 1:16pm
Skeptical Optimist

I use FF Smooth & Tuff because I got a big bottle of it way back when, it works ok and I can't justify buying more bead release yet... but I do have a definite problem with it flaking off when I'm making my boro beadies, especially in a press... I know, I'm rough on my mandrels but can't any release be flexible for me? Tempted to try Fusion with the profits from yesterday's show though.

Patrice & Paul, Running a Mirage and Barracuda on a Pro-8.
Old 2009-08-15, 5:17pm
drinks pickle juice

I have to second Mohawk Mud from Moretti and More. I love it cuz I can dip and flame dry, I have never had it crack or break on my when I was working a bead, beads come off the mandrel nicely, and they clean great with a dremel.

i love it and am on my third bottle of it!
Old 2009-08-16, 1:27pm
Senior Member | Jenelle

I have used Kragg Mudd for almost 5 years now, and love it, BUT seeing as they don't take paypal, and my paypal debit card does not work on their machine, I am going to be whipping up my own bead release from now on. I found some great recipes online, and since I always have Kaolin Clay on hand for soap making, should be pretty easy. From what I understand most recipes are basically half kaolin and half either Aluminum Hydrate (pottery supply store) or Diatomaceous earth (garden supply or pool store), mixed with some water...

|
|
|
|

Old 2009-08-16, 1:49pm

I went the route of making my own at one point. It only worked OK when I added some fusion to the mix.

I'd rather just go with the fusion.

Old 2009-08-16, 1:59pm
just plain silly

FUSION for me too!!!!

Suzanne
Old 2009-08-16, 3:23pm
Bawk Bawk!

I'm in the fusion camp, with both feet. I got a bottle from Donna at The Mandrel and never looked back