Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2009-11-27, 2:14pm

Thumbs up Jons Glassshack

Hi everyone! I received my order from Jons Glassshack today! It was placed on 11/19. shipped on 11/21 and arrived accurate and complete on 11/27! Not bad shipping time considering a weekend and holiday was involved!

Thanks Jon! I will continue to use you as one of my vendors.

Duane M

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-11-27, 2:19pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2009-11-27, 2:22pm
Storm Queen

Maybe he can use your money to pay other people back now.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-11-27, 2:30pm

I think I'm missing something here. Why the link to the other threads? I've read all of them...a number of times.

Quote:

Old 2009-11-27, 2:34pm
Storm Queen

She wants to make sure anyone else reading this knows the poor customer service he has been giving others and the large amounts of money he owes people. I guess most of us are unsure as to why you even started this thread if you want to "help all of them out". It's just.....odd.

Old 2009-11-27, 2:43pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Quote:
She wants to make sure anyone else reading this knows the poor customer service he has been giving others and the large amounts of money he owes people. I guess most of us are unsure as to why you even started this thread if you want to "help all of them out". It's just.....odd.
it sure is.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2009-11-27, 2:51pm
Angie09

I couldn't agree more!!! Since you seem to have such a good relationship with Jon, Duane, why don't YOU ask him to refund the monies he owes, deliver the products he's promised or even (and yes, this is self serving) pay me what he has agreed he owes me???? To give this guy more business defies my understanding!! I asked you this in a private email which you choose not to answer ... so now I will ask publicly ... why would you do this? There has to be a point you are making if you are willing to come on LE an announce it....I just can't for the life of me figure out what that might be???
Old 2009-11-27, 3:13pm

I mentioned to you in a pm why I did this. I wanted to see for myself if I would have the same difficulties as a lot of other members here. The minor problem I had with LBSupplys in the past, was corrected, with some prodding, in a reasonably timely manner.

I DID suggest to Amy, in a pm, that maybe I should attempt to talk to Jon to find out WHY he is doing this. Whats the worse that can happen? He doesn't reply to me? As I mentioned before, if I had the resources I would fix all these things for everyone so this could just end.

As far as why I am coming onto LE to announce "this or that" The last time I had checked Le is a public forum where everyone can express their opinions whether they are right, wrong, agreed or disagreed upon. I have not violated any terms of service, as far as I know. If I have, I'm sure I would have been notified by now.

I never in my wildest imagination figured so many people would be so livid by one vendor.
I can only sympathize with all of you who have been financially "hurt" by this guy,but honestly I don't know if any of you take me as sincere or not.

Duane

Old 2009-11-27, 3:27pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Quote:
I never in my wildest imagination figured so many people would be so livid by one vendor.
Because when you don't get what you paid for and don't have the money any more, then you are out both... some people don't have the resources to re-order what they need from a vendor who will actually send them their goods.

Why is it okay for a "small business" person to do this to so many people...? I wish I understood how anyone would think it would be okay to do this your customers... and then again, maybe I'm glad I don't understand because I couldn't sleep at night if I tried to pull that off.

Old 2009-11-27, 3:37pm

because you are supporting someone who is ripping people off.

When I see that someone is not delivering the goods the last thing I would do is order from them.
Old 2009-11-27, 3:42pm
Angie09

You know Yellow Bird .. that is what I have been trying to say but couldn't quite get it out. To support someone that you KNOW is ripping people off condones what they are doing and then to brag about it seems very odd!

You're right Duane, this is a public forum ... I just think you're not supporting the "public" it was created to help.
Old 2009-11-27, 3:51pm
I'm a lilac!

Quote:
I think I'm missing something here. Why the link to the other threads? I've read all of them...a number of times.

Probably because you started a thread promoting someone who is known to be unreliable, and if someone only saw your thread they might be misled and end up getting burned.

It seems very irresponsible, to me, to start threads praising vendors who are having widespread problems with many dissatisfied customers, before they get those problems resolved. It smacks of deliberately attempting to whitewash the situation. Why would you do that?

Old 2009-11-27, 5:05pm
Storm Queen

Quote:

As far as why I am coming onto LE to announce "this or that" The last time I had checked Le is a public forum where everyone can express their opinions whether they are right, wrong, agreed or disagreed upon. I have not violated any terms of service, as far as I know. If I have, I'm sure I would have been notified by now.

I can only sympathize with all of you who have been financially "hurt" by this guy,but honestly I don't know if any of you take me as sincere or not.

Duane
No one said you couldn't start a positive thread and voice your opinion, we're just wondering why you would. There are multiple people awaiting orders from Jon from months ago but he seems to be able to fill orders as you have proved for us. There is someone that provided a service for him that he hasn't paid for but he sure is using that banner now isn't he? I kinda wonder why you would even place an order when there are multiple negative threads about him here.
I was kinda scratching my head over that last week. And the sentence of yours that I bolded, makes me laugh out loud. Gee, why do you think everyone is so livid? Our community kinda gets pissed off when our fellow artists are getting ripped off. You should have seen the Precision bulk buy that went bad years ago.

Old 2009-11-27, 5:14pm
drinks pickle juice

Quote:
I mentioned to you in a pm why I did this. I wanted to see for myself if I would have the same difficulties as a lot of other members here. The minor problem I had with LBSupplys in the past, was corrected, with some prodding, in a reasonably timely manner.

Duane
Good customer service should require zero "prodding". I have never ordered from John, nor will I. It is not a risk that I am willing to take when so many other people have been burned.

Would you go to a restaurant that you had a meal at before (although you had to "prod" them to get your order right) where not one, or two, but a whole slew of people had serious food poisoning? Just to see if you too got food posioning?
Old 2009-11-27, 5:20pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Quote:

Would you go to a restaurant that you had a meal at before (although you had to "prod" them to get your order right) where not one, or two, but a whole slew of people had serious food poisoning? Just to see if you too got food posioning?
Omygosh, that's hilarious...

Old 2009-11-27, 5:20pm
Storm Queen

Old 2009-11-27, 5:32pm

Possibly. A lot of variables would come into play. Was the source of the food poisoning researched? Is the same kitchen staff on "tonight" as it was the other night when the food poisoning occurred? has the board of health intervened?

Would I be taking a chance in returning to this restaurant ? Yes I would be!

Quote:
Good customer service should require zero "prodding". I have never ordered from John, nor will I. It is not a risk that I am willing to take when so many other people have been burned.

Old 2009-11-27, 6:01pm
Formerly known as LT

I have read the other threads and am disheartened by a vender treating people so poorly. I am curious though, have any of the people that purchased from him that paid by paypal or a credit card filed a claim? It is a sure fire way to get a vender of any kind to stand up and take notice. I hope this get resolved quickly! I hate to see type of thing happen.

Old 2009-11-27, 6:10pm

I think bragging like this when so many people are hurting is just naughty, naughty, naughty, was there any coal in that package from Jon?
Old 2009-11-27, 6:33pm
Frustrated Artist

Demcc2,
After talking to you in PM, I am deleting my message (you can still see it if you look at the edits)
however, if you are as sorry as you say you are, I would suggest pming Corrie so she can delete the thread so people do not get the idea you are supporting someone who has cheated so many.

Last edited by BBB; 2009-11-27 at 7:15pm.
Old 2009-11-27, 7:21pm

Default Heres the deal

I screwed up. I made a mistake...I compounded it by starting this thread (apparently without thinking) I'm human. I apologize for this. No wait..I don't apologize for being human. I am apologizing for refreshing a lot of grief, emotions and some stress to you guys who don't deserve any of it!

Too many of you affected (effected?) by Jon have other stuff more important to be concerned with. Businesses, health, families, other jobs, all have priority over his "recklessness." I want for all of us to work together to get this issue with Jons business resolved once and for all, and to remain the
"family" we all are.

Sincerely
Duane McCormick
PS- Thanks "K" for cattle prodding me to get this done!

Old 2009-11-27, 7:28pm
And silence is golden

I came close to being a victim of another rogue vendor not too long ago. I supported this person and had hoped that change would happen after all of the negative postings about the business. The "I told you so" almost became a reality. I now firmly believe that a bad vendor will get you somewhere down the line. I will never do business with that vendor again.

I just hope that Jon takes the time to read this thread and comes to his senses. It would be a blessing if he were to take care of those whom he owes.
Old 2009-11-29, 2:57pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Quote:
Too many of you affected (effected?) by Jon have other stuff more important to be concerned with. Businesses, health, families, other jobs, all have priority over his "recklessness." I want for all of us to work together to get this issue with Jons business resolved once and for all, and to remain the
"family" we all are.
There is nothing YOU can do to work together to get this resolved, unless you
want to contact Jon and let him know that, until he takes care of the
people he has stolen from - you will not be supporting him.

And stating that people have other things to be concerned with -
"Businesses, health, families, other jobs" - don't you think that if someone
is trying to make ends meet, then having someone steal hundreds of dollars
from them would probably make their problems worse?

Part of being a "family" is bonding together and supporting each other
when family members are taken advantage of by others. Until Jon makes
good with the people he has stolen money from, he is not a member of this
"family" and others here should be protected from him.

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Last edited by Karen Hardy; 2009-11-29 at 4:26pm.
Old 2009-11-29, 3:07pm
"Sinners have soul too"

I
Karen Hardy

Old 2009-11-29, 3:23pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Quote:
I
Karen Hardy
I
you too, sugar. And I would like to add that Donna has
NEVER EVER bribed me in any way (dang it), I pay full price for ALL the
wonderful classes I take at her store, AND she wraps everyone's purchases
up like they were birthday presents. It is a joy to shop at her store,
and her customer service is exemplary.

So there.

Old 2009-11-29, 3:55pm
"Sinners have soul too"

I didn't know you could be bribed!

And believe me I tried to cheap out in the purple tissue once and bought cheaper white tissue. Everybody was like "off with her head!" I switched back to the purple as soon as I ran out of the white.

Old 2009-11-29, 4:09pm
Cancer SUCKS!

What I totally don't get is this all boils down to communication.

If Jon would have just fessed up to either not having the money or goods to fix this situation, these people wouldn't be so upset.

All it takes is a simple phone call or email.

Old 2009-11-29, 4:19pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Quote:
What I totally don't get is this all boils down to communication.

If Jon would have just fessed up to either not having the money or goods to fix
this situation, these people wouldn't be so upset.

All it takes is a simple phone call or email.
You're absolutely right. I'm 100% sure that, had he called any of the
people here and offered them 10$ a week until their order was paid off, they
would have agreed. Instead, he's trying to ignore it and sweep it under
the rug, and hope it disappears. It won't. That's the beauty of the internet.

Also, every negative comment that gets posted in threads like these, gets
added to all the search engines. So the longer he refuses to pay, or show
up on the threads to either defend himself or correct the problems, the
more these things will show up on google searches and other search
engines when people go looking for his store.

If you don't believe me, just google "jons glass shack" and you can see
the negative threads. The more that there are, the more that will show.
Anyone in this century knows that this has a horrendous impact on
future business, AND will show up when he tries to do other things, like
apply for loans, jobs, leases for stores, etc. Any employer or landlord
worth their salt will search the internet for info before conducting
business with anyone, and this will definitely impact the future of his business
if he doesn't resolve it quickly.

If I was looking for a vendor to supply my business, and someone told me
about Jons store, the first thing I would do is plug it into google.
Then I would see all these negative threads, read them, and promptly
take my business elsewhere.

Everyday this goes on, he is losing business. Both current, AND future.

Old 2009-11-29, 4:29pm
Angie09

OMG you both just hit it right on the head!!! If Jon hadn't dodged me several times, lied to me several times, went without answering my emails and phone calls several times ... heck, I would have been happy to work with him. Now ... it's just more excuses and lies to me.

And the google part is soooooo right on! I wonder if he's even considered this? I think he's just thinking it will all go away ... like he thought I would ... but boy is he wrong.

Karen, you and Deb ROCK!!! It feels like some's got my back on this and I soooooo appreciate it!
Old 2009-11-29, 4:45pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

I've said it before and I will say it again.
Lampwork Etc. is a jury of your own peers. Both vendors and customers.
If you screw up and make it right, all will be forgiven.

However, if you expect to steal money and think that all will be forgotten,
then you will soon discover that we have a long memory.