Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

View Poll Results: Would you be interested in buying a tutorial on my encased stripe techniques?
Definitely! 49 36.30%
Maybe - depends on the price. 52 38.52%
Maybe - depends on the something else. 3 2.22%
Not at this time. 33 24.44%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-12-15, 1:55am

Default Interest in a detailed encased stripe tutorial?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by kandice; 2012-06-14 at 9:20am.
Old 2009-12-15, 4:09am
Knob Creek Glass

I am a definitely!
Old 2009-12-15, 7:14am
Always with a smile!

I was shown one other one on line, so it's out there, but it's only one technique. I'd love to know the tricks and tips!

) and
)
Old 2009-12-15, 7:31am

Definitely, Please!
Jen
Old 2009-12-15, 7:43am

How many times can one person vote DEFINITELY!!??!!??
Old 2009-12-15, 8:43am

I maybe maybe- price but upon thinking about it the most important part is great pictures. I think you would do great in that category.
Old 2009-12-15, 9:07am
Mary Lockwood

Kandice, your encased stripes are beautiful and there is no doubt you would do a marvelous job on the tutorial- but no I wouldn't personally buy it because I already know how to do it. Hope that is helpful. I think it would be very popular with newer lampworkers.

~~Mary

Old 2009-12-15, 9:56am
Glassy Broad :-)

I love and am a huge fan of your work Kandice, but I don't know to tell you the truth Diana has a great free tutorial on her site, yet again, we all do things differently! I would be sorely tempted tho, LOL! Just to see what's "different" and I agree with Mary, might be an excellent tut for beginners. Oh wait...that's me
Nita

Missing my Mini cc & two oxy cons!

The difference between Try, and Triumph, is a little Umph!
Old 2009-12-15, 10:20am
Happy 10 a.m.!

Heck yes! I told you at the Frantz bash how much I would like to take a class from you ~ a tutorial is the next best thing!

Mega Minor w/propane, tanked oxy and humor
Old 2009-12-15, 12:15pm
To Bead Or Not To Bead

Newbies may be interested. I 've been a lampworker for quite sometime and have several books and have seen freebie tuts on this and already know the technique.

Patsy

Ebay:
Old 2009-12-15, 2:56pm
Beadmaking.nl

What I love at your work is the combination of colors!

They are really fantastic. I would love to see a tutorial of that.

Old 2009-12-15, 4:13pm
Creatrixie

Have to agree with Margriet...You're a QUEEN of colour-combos, Kandice!
Kudos, your majesty!

~Mary

There's always something new to learn!
COE 104
Old 2009-12-15, 4:25pm

Newbie - would love it - but would also depend on the price as my "disposable" income doesn't really exist any more. Most of what I have learned has been from books, and I just keep reading them over and over.
Old 2009-12-15, 5:07pm
Puddy Cat Lover

I think you should go for it. I learned how to do this technique from Corina T. But if you can elaborate on this and go beyond the basics of this technique, I for one would love to see it. Just MHO. That and 5 cents will get you a nickel.

J.

Old 2009-12-15, 10:03pm

I have a couple of your tut's Kandice, and didn't mean to sound....rude, truly was NOT my intention! Just thought it might help on the pricing factor. And yes, you KNOW I would want it and also your highness, you ARE the Queen of color combos i will have to admit! Is it done yet? How about now?
Hugs Nita

Old 2009-12-15, 10:17pm

Kandice your beads are so spectacular! I would love to see a stripes tutorial from you. I try to make them and I always either smear them or mess up the encasing. Sigh....I could use a little help! lol!

Check out my new DRAGON Tutorial now on

Old 2009-12-16, 1:16am
Unmedicated since '62

yes and pretty please add tips on colour combos - i love your colour combos!

- my 17yo sons first novel

- download, get organised, enjoy
Old 2009-12-16, 12:27pm
Valparaíso - Chile

I am very interested, definitely!!!!!

Your beads are gorgeous!!

Ana María

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandice View Post
I've been getting some requests for an encased stripe tutorial - what do you guys think? Would it be something you're interested in if it's detailed and gives a lot of options? Or is it too basic? I do a lot of encased stripes, and I have some techniques which I think might be useful to others, but I don't want to do it if there's not a lot of interest.

Here are a few pics of my stripes...

Thanks!

@cristallo_perle
Old 2009-12-16, 1:23pm

I would definitely buy it!!! I know how to make stripe beads, but the tips and tricks would be worth every penny!
Old 2009-12-16, 4:19pm

I think it would be a great tutorial! I have seen a lot of stripe beads, read the free "tutorials", tried a few of them. I can make a stripe bead. BUT, I rarely see the intensity of color you get in your stripe beads. So many look washed out (mine included). Yours never have that washed out, faded look. I would love to know how you maintain that intensity!! Go for it!
Old 2009-12-16, 7:21pm
Broken

I do them a LOT but can never get my stripes as straight as you do so YES I'd be interested in one!

Old 2009-12-16, 7:25pm
Anyone need some spacers?

I know how to do stripes but I would be very interested in your tips and color combos. So my answer is yes because I know there is more to it than what I am doing.

Old 2009-12-16, 8:43pm
Tassie Devil

Yes please! I love your beads, and would happily buy your tutorial

Today, right now, is a gift - that's why they call it the present!

Old 2009-12-19, 12:49pm
Colors outside the lines

I'd be interested in your tutorial also---I have your others and love your beads.

Leah
Old 2009-12-19, 2:23pm

is it here yet
Nita

Old 2009-12-20, 9:51am

$10

Old 2009-12-20, 11:28am
Never Never Land

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandice View Post
it's written (for the most part) and I am doing the photos and getting the layout done. I am hoping to have it out some time this week.
I keep checking daily, it seems I just can't wait for this tut!

If you are a blower of glass, fashion the cup as if it were to be touched by the lips of your beloved.
Old 2009-12-20, 11:50am

I've tried stripes many times and like others said they never come out straight or uniform. Your encasing is impeccable too. I also have admired your color combos for years. Your colors just seem to POP. I always learn something from every tutorial I've gotten even if it's a "simple" tutorial. I just seem to understand much better with pictures. All that to say yes I would buy one. Is it ready?

"People can be the wind beneath your wings or the anchor on your boat" John Maxwell
Old 2009-12-21, 5:49pm
Anyone need some spacers?

I can't wait to get it!

Old 2009-12-22, 8:55pm
Unmedicated since '62

got it! love your tut's

- my 17yo sons first novel

- download, get organised, enjoy