Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2014-05-16, 2:33pm
I'm meeeeelting

Default Question about E-Tutorials -- large file size

A friend and I have created a foot pedal tutorial. It's been done for months, but we haven't gotten around to figuring out how to make it disseminatable (not sure if that's really a word). I had envisioned making it purchase-able at a reasonable price on one or both of our Etsy pages. It's very much a "for dummies" version with every step spelled out with accompanying photos. The file is too large to email out without doing something with it. has anyone had this issue? Any suggestions? We could make it available only through dropbox, I suppose. Otherwise, we need a way to send it that will work with a large file or an easy way to compress it.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2014-05-16, 3:37pm

If you have access to the full version of Adobe Acrobat (not the reader) or know someone who does open the file and then choose the File Menu>Save as Other> Reduced Size PDF and that will make the file significantly smaller
Old 2014-05-16, 3:39pm
I'm meeeeelting

Thank you! I'll try that.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2014-05-16, 4:02pm
MacGalver

If you can make it into a Microsoft Word file, then you can save/convert to a pdf, upload to Etsy, and the customer buys and downloads from Etsy, no muss no fuss. If you need help, PM me about how to do it!

Old 2014-05-16, 4:03pm
I'm meeeeelting

Default Question about E-Tutorials -- large file size

Thanks. It started as a word file, but Etsy has a limit on the file size, so it may be too big. I'll have to see what the file size is when I get home. I know that when I tried to email it to my friend or myself it was too big to do that so I had to use dropbox.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2014-05-16, 9:30pm
I'm meeeeelting

I was able to shrink the PDF by downloading the acrobat trial and following Talonst's instructions. Thank you both for your suggestions! Much appreciated.

Foot Pedal Tutorial: