Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Sale Rack

Sale Rack -- Sales, Promotions, Giveaways, Specials, Etc.
Only LE Vendors may start threads, but anyone may reply.

Old 2015-12-06, 2:02pm

Default A New Website for Frantz

On Saturday there was a thread in the Bathroom about "Lame" websites. I posted that we were working with a company that develops websites. We were shown what the new website might look like and many of the features they offer, and there were lots of possibilities. Saturday's Bathroom can still be read until midnight Sunday.

Having a great website that lets us manage our company is very important, but it must make the ordering process painless, quick, informative and ?

I will be speaking with the website development company this coming week, so if you wish to make comments about what you would like to see, I would love to hear from you, even if somebody already said the same thing you were going to say, I want to hear it again.

No ideas are "Lame" only lame website are! And we want to change ours!

Thanks

Mike

Frantz Art Glass Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Torch Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike's phone: 800.839.6712 ext 206
Old 2015-12-06, 2:21pm

I'd like the ability to do affiliate marketing for a modest percentage.
Old 2015-12-06, 2:27pm
Fried Cat

Better photos of the glass. Worked into a "real" bead with varying work times.

I love that CIM offers several photos of what their glass could look like. Effetre doesn't offer that but it'd be awesome if Frantz could provide that service. Of course, fresh off the ocean, brand new colors might not be available until you can get rods out to testers. But offering the test photos after a reasonable amount of time, I'd appreciate it a great deal.

But I know I've purchased pounds of glass I felt was beautiful, and limited. And it didn't quite turn into what I was expecting. And I won't say whose website offered a new Effetre, and the paddle was not what everyone said they ended up with, consistently, across the board. To my knowledge, nobody was able to recreate the paddle.

So, yeah... New Effetre batch testers and more photos.
Old 2015-12-06, 2:34pm

Quote:

I love that CIM offers several photos of what their glass could look like. Effetre doesn't offer that but it'd be awesome if Frantz could provide that service. Of course, fresh off the ocean, brand new colors might not be available until you can get rods out to testers. But offering the test photos after a reasonable amount of time, I'd appreciate it a great deal.

But I know I've purchased pounds of glass I felt was beautiful, and limited. And it didn't quite turn into what I was expecting. And I won't say whose website offered a new Effetre, and the paddle was not what everyone said they ended up with, consistently, across the board. To my knowledge, nobody was able to recreate the paddle.

Agreed. Put
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
on the payroll or something.
Old 2015-12-06, 2:42pm
Elphaba Lives !!

THIS

Quote:

Old 2015-12-06, 4:49pm
FIRE!!

Personal log in that remembers your shopping cart,
I like to make a shopping cart with things I need or run out and I just have to click the buy button instead of going through the whole website again
Old 2015-12-06, 6:24pm

Both of these ^
Keep searches simple.
Old 2015-12-06, 6:25pm
Lifelong Student

Maybe add PayPal option?
Old 2015-12-06, 6:29pm

I second the paypal request.

"I'd rather have glassy friends than classy friends."
Old 2015-12-06, 6:37pm

Location: Loving Bermuda, dreaming of Africa and looking forward to Maine!

Third PayPal option! And somewhere you can see previous orders so you can check if you've already bought a color!

"Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got." Janis Joplin

Last edited by LemonwoodStudio; 2015-12-06 at 6:39pm.
Old 2015-12-06, 6:52pm

Default Keep Them Ideas Coming

These are great ideas! Please keep them coming, I think everyone of them is good. I especially like the Pay Pal method.

Mike

The Torch Website:

Old 2015-12-06, 7:07pm

Descriptions that tell us more about the glass, other than repetitive.. Compatible with 104 statements. Real info, like 'peachy pink in color but no orange notes... Or anything helpful!
Personally I love the info and stories that you use when discussing the glass from the moretti factory.
Old 2015-12-06, 7:27pm

Paypal please Mike!
Old 2015-12-06, 8:58pm
FIRE!!

What kaleeshi Dane said, but change it in client comments, clients who bought the color can tell how they like it, how the color looks, maybe even post pics of there beads in the comment? Saves you a little of the trouble doing it yourself and get the client involved with the site?
Old 2015-12-06, 9:03pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Allow people to review the glass they purchased.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2015-12-06, 9:32pm

Default I really would like to coment about this

I really like the idea about customers being able to go on our website and click a color and make a comment.

Mike

The Torch Website:

Old 2015-12-06, 11:09pm
I like to melt things

I definitely want to be able to purchase with PayPal, and love the idea of being able to post product reviews and links to information elsewhere on the web about a particular colour.

It would be nice if Dwyn, Kandice, myself, and other people with a passion for colour testing could post to a vendor's page when we've blogged about a colour so that people can easily go to our blogs from your pages when they are deciding what colours to buy.

-
-
Old 2015-12-07, 5:19am
Slogan Challenged...

How about a wish list? I always use the shopping cart and have to sort it when it is time to order. But I sometimes forget about the get-next-time ones that way.

Facebook:

Etsy:

Last edited by KJohn; 2015-12-11 at 5:24pm.
Old 2015-12-07, 11:38am

What MelanieG said about having a link for those who blog color reviews is a great idea!

Also would love having a place to keep track of what you ordered and a wishlist under account info.

And of course, paypal!

Old 2015-12-07, 12:40pm
Lampworkaholic!

I volunteer to be a new glass tester.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2015-12-07, 2:06pm
Phill

I remember hearing others speak of trying to find a specific glass color but not knowing if it would qualify as a cool color or a transparent or what.
Being still a relative newbie and having memory issues as well I think wider cross linking of the data base is going to be needed.

I know it probably doubles or triples the work load but having two or more ways of getting to a specific glass is only going to make it easier for shoppers to find what they are looking for and would encourage "browsing". ( And my wallet can tell you horror stories about how expensive my "browsing" forays can be.
)
Old 2015-12-07, 3:51pm

I'm able to look up old orders as well as save my cart for later... Maybe just a wish list and PayPal and maybe breaking up the CIM colors into either color families or transparent/opaques
Old 2015-12-07, 4:09pm

i akso would like to be on a page and order as many items as I want on that page and then at the bottom have the option of pushing the "add all' button it would save having to do each one and then returning to the same page..
Pay Pal and the color blogs are really wonderful too
Debi
Old 2015-12-07, 6:01pm
Christine

PayPal!!!!!
Old 2015-12-07, 10:29pm
Spring is coming, right?

Please include a cheaper shipping option to Canada!!! Especially for smaller orders under 2-3 pounds. I currently have to time an order with when hubby travels to the US for business and have it sent to where he is staying. $65 USD/$85 CAD for that order to ship it direct to me! I miss out on a lot of good sales and selection.

Jocelyn

Old 2015-12-07, 10:42pm

Default A Rip OFF?

Quote:
Please include a cheaper shipping option to Canada!!! Especially for smaller orders under 2-3 pounds. I currently have to time an order with when hubby travels to the US for business and have it sent to where he is staying. $65 USD/$85 CAD for that order to ship it direct to me! I miss out on a lot of good sales and selection.
That seems to be too much money. Have you found something for less?
We may just have to go with "Hubby Post" again!

Mike

The Torch Website:

Old 2015-12-08, 3:05am

The search function needs major improvement. On your current site the only way I can find anything is if I already know where to look for it.
Old 2015-12-08, 6:25am

I buy glass almost exclusively from Frantz. Here are some things I would really love to see on the website (which may repeat what others have said already)

PAYPAL (please - this is what I want the most!)
A more streamlined billing system
Descriptions of the colors - especially if they vary by batch
The ability to comment on the glass colors (excellent idea!)
News on when you expect shipments of colors you are out of (not just in the newsletter, but right on the website)
Better navigation (drop down boxes instead of clickable links would make it less tedious to get to each category)
Better search function - your current one tends to be inaccurate
Glass testing (like CiM's - I am a tester for them, and would volunteer to test for you as well, posting results on my blog Coloraddiction)

I love Frantz and will continue to buy from you no matter what.
These are just the ideal things I would like - nothing is a deal-breaker for me.

Old 2015-12-08, 6:26am

YES!! That would be awesome!

Quote:
I definitely want to be able to purchase with PayPal, and love the idea of being able to post product reviews and links to information elsewhere on the web about a particular colour.

It would be nice if Dwyn, Kandice, myself, and other people with a passion for colour testing could post to a vendor's page when we've blogged about a colour so that people can easily go to our blogs from your pages when they are deciding what colours to buy.

Old 2015-12-08, 1:21pm

Quote:
Personal log in that remembers your shopping cart,
I like to make a shopping cart with things I need or run out and I just have to click the buy button instead of going through the whole website again
This!